Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 5 - Udinese - Milan, Date: 22/09/2015 Time: 20:45 CET

William405
post Sep 23 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #91

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Let's not put the blame on someone in particular. The whole midfield should have shifted faster towards the defense. That's my opinion anyway. The whole positioning was wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Sep 23 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #92

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2015, 08:12 PM) *
That's going overboard. We're talking about who's defensive fault it was.

Yeah i realise that man , but for me it was him ( Bacca ) that first gave the possession but i agree who was ultimately at fault with the goal after that but one thing leads to another is what im trying to get at. Its not fair to blame just one person it was a team out there. They should all trust each other , but not to the point where they think there team mate won't make a mistake like what happened. Anyway abit to much over analysis from me ill shut up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Sep 23 2015, 06:37 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #93

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2015, 10:22 AM) *
So what's the problem then? Again the coach? Or are you willing to listen to me now and finally realize that partly it's the players who've been under this bad mentality and negative coaching approach for too long i.e. are spoiled for Milan permanently?

Like I said during the game, this team does not know how to play like a top side any longer, that trait was beaten out of them over these last 5 years.

You have to look back to Allegri's first season, and you were the one who first pointed it out. When we were wasting time during the 60th minute of games, basically acting like a bunch of pansy-@ss mid-table nobodies, whereas in the past under Carlo we were used to watching the team control the game for the entire 90, no matter what, we rarely lost our cool (aside from 2 huge games in the CL that is but let's not open that can of worms (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

We simply do not know how to close a game out and approach each situation with confidence. When Allegri was here we still had great players to rely on, the issue there for me has always been all coach. Then we lost all the great players, replaced them with average nobodies Allegri already being a huge problem had no answers to losing his game changers and we spiralled from there, all the while the team had already been instilled with a terrible mid-table approach to games. Then 2 rookie coaches came in Pippo being the worst thing that could have happened to us when we were already in a terribly vulnerably state.

Now, we have a new coach who is actually demanding things from his players, we have fresh blood in the team, some of it being of the top class variety (Bacca imo is just that) some of it being good. We still have very obvious issues in terms of quality in midfield and we're missing one top CB. But overall when you look at the whole picture, we still generally play weaker sides in Serie A, who do not boast half the talent that we do and we still struggle. Again it's a mentality thing, x-off is right when saying that bringing in great players would have already made a huge difference in this regard. Top players bring with them so many great aspect to the team as a whole, not just as individuals.

The issues with mentality aren't going to change like the flip of a switch though. It will take time, and I do think that Miha can get them to start believing in themselves again, something which I think was completely gone last season. But again, it's not going to happen over night or after a couple of wins.

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 23 2015, 11:50 AM) *
I am actually positively impressed by Miha so far. Unlike our previous coach, he is willing to admit to problems and seems to be doing something to solve them. I agree that there is a problem with mentality, but I disagree players have been ruined "permanently". Mentality issues are not normally changed overnight, we need to have a little patience here (if we still have this same problem in a few months, then it probably is deeper). There also clearly is a problem with the quality of players we have, particularly in midfield. That cannot be changed by the coach, our best hope is to see something in the Winter transfer window. However, I am not optimistic that Galliani will be able to do much (in fact, I have a feeling he does not even understand how serious the problem really is).

Agreed

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2015, 12:17 PM) *
Why Montolivo though? The whole midfield was absent there! This is my point, we totally turn off for a second and boom we concede a silly goal.

I thought we actually played good(maybe the word okay is more appropriate) football during the first half. We played it smart and controlled the match at our own pace when we were up 2-0.

The midfield overall is pretty meh, but if yesterday's combination clicks then I think it's okay for now.

Also yeah, it doesn't compare to Allegri's Milan..we had world class forwards and world class defenders.

Monto should have marked him better. But again, we're conceding these type of goals when all of them are avoidable, like last week with Guarin, why he wasn't closed down or heck, even hacked down to the ground earlier is beyond me.

Or like when the opposition gets to our by-line and the FB or mid (whoever's supposed to be marking the crosser) and they just stand there yards ahead of him, instead of quickly closing him down and narrowing the space for him to make the cross. Just ridiculous, I was watching Poli do this around the 85th minutes while we were barely holding on and I wanted to chuck something at the screen

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2015, 01:20 PM) *
I've told you before, players and mentality go hand in hand. If we had signed the likes of Witsel and Gündogan in midfield, not only we'd have more quality, but we'd also have a different approach. Instead, relying on the likes of Kucka, Poli, Honda etc. doesn't really help you in that regard.

The truth is that we've had a shitty midfield for a very long time now, and a great midfield is the key to success. You can have an average defense and decent strikers, but a top quality midfield can make the whole team perform. Including mentality-wise, as well.

Agreed. Case in point Juve when they took the title right out from under us

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #94

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw, can I just ask? Where did that fugly, awful kit we were playing in yesterday come from?? Wasn't our third kit black this season?

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 23 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #95

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2015, 10:16 PM) *
Btw, can I just ask? Where did that fugly, awful kit we were playing in yesterday come from?? Wasn't our third kit black this season?

This is the new one. It's awful, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 24 2015, 02:20 PM
Post #96

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2015, 09:40 PM) *
This is the new one. It's awful, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I actually checked the kits images that I posted myself, and apparently the third is green this season and I actually liked it, but those shorts and socks make it look ridiculous

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 24 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #97

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 24 2015, 04:20 PM) *
I actually checked the kits images that I posted myself, and apparently the third is green this season and I actually liked it, but those shorts and socks make it look ridiculous

Yep, it's the shorts that are downright bad!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 25 2015, 10:07 AM
Post #98

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Genoa thread, Han?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 25 2015, 02:48 PM
Post #99

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2015, 10:07 AM) *
Genoa thread, Han?

Will open it now

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:20 PM