Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 11/11/07 - Serie A - Atalanta BC vs. AC Milan

kurtsimonw
post Nov 20 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #136

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Atalanta's postponed clash with Milan will be replayed behind closed doors and the home side have been hit with some sanctions against their supporters.

The original game in Bergamo on 11th November was suspended after violent protests from home fans in the wake of the tragic death of Gabriele Sandri earlier that day.

The match was abandoned by the referee when the safety glass at the front of the stands was broken despite attempts from Atalanta players to calm the supporters.

The game will now be replayed at a later date, while parts of the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia will remain closed until 31st March 2008.

Meanwhile, Milan's head of police has decided to ban Atalanta supporters from making the trip to San Siro this weekend for the game with Internazionale.

The game was deemed as a high-risk encounter because of past incidents involving both sets of supporters and fans will only be allowed to buy tickets on the day of the game if they can prove that they live within the province of Milan.

Sky Sports

I think it's the wrong decision, we should be awarded a 3-0 win or whatever. It inconvinenced us AND they're the ones to blame. Football needs to be consistant, when Inter caused trouble in the CL, UEFA awarded us the won, the Italian FA make it be replayed!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 20 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #137

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

^^ +

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 20 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #138

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

It shouldn't be a problem if we played. I mean with Uefa, there was a schedual to go by for the games, but in Serie A reschedualing shouldn't be a problem. In anycase, consider the 3 points in our pocket

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 21 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #139

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I'm pretty sure Kaka' wont play any part of this fixture, seeing as he is coming back from S.America ... Then there is Ronaldo who Carlo just stated that he is ready to play 90 mins ...

So, my bet is Gourcuff, Seedorf, Ronaldo and Inzaghi will start this game ...

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 21 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #140

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 21 2007, 10:19 AM)
I'm pretty sure Kaka' wont play any part of this fixture, seeing as he is coming back from S.America ... Then there is Ronaldo who Carlo just stated that he is ready to play 90 mins ...
So, my bet is Gourcuff, Seedorf, Ronaldo and Inzaghi will start this game ...

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 23 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #141

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 20 2007, 11:31 AM)
I think it's the wrong decision, we should be awarded a 3-0 win or whatever. It inconvinenced us AND they're the ones to blame. Football needs to be consistant, when Inter caused trouble in the CL, UEFA awarded us the won, the Italian FA make it be replayed!

As I said on the match day, they won't give us the win, even if that would have been the right decision.

This things happen in the Italian league all the time, and games are always just rescheduled, never won by defult.

As for the CL thing with Inter. That's a completely different thing which I also previously mentioned. UEFA are a seperate thing from the Italian FA and they do things differently. Should both games have been forfeited in our favour? Yes. But we can't do anything about the decision taken.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 23 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #142

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I don't think we should have been awarded the three points... I see no reason why...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 23 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #143

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 23 2007, 08:51 AM)
I don't think we should have been awarded the three points... I see no reason why...

Well their fans were the ones that demanded the game to be stopped, we had no involvement in it. There was no other valid reason for the game to be stopped other that their fans commiting dangerous acts and tried to invade the pitch if the game wasn't stopped. If it were a CL game I'm 99.9% sure the game would have been awarded as a 3-0 win to us

Plus in the end this will make our season much more difficuilt, we already have enough of a tough schedule as it is with CWC, we don't need another game fitted into the already tight schedule

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 23 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #144

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:59 AM)
Well their fans were the ones that demanded the game to be stopped, we had no involvement in it. There was no other valid reason for the game to be stopped other that their fans commiting dangerous acts and tried to invade the pitch if the game wasn't stopped. If it were a CL game I'm 99.9% sure the game would have been awarded as a 3-0 win to us

Atalanta are not their fans... just like Milan and any other club are not their fans. If you believe that Atalanta deserve to lose the game on paper then I guess Catania should also be accused of murdering Filippo Raciti! If the connection is as clear as you suggest then it should be clear in all incidents...

If it was a CL game we definitely would have been awarded all three points... but so what, I don't have to and I don't agree with UEFA on this,

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:59 AM)
Plus in the end this will make our season much more difficuilt, we already have enough of a tough schedule as it is with CWC, we don't need another game fitted into the already tight schedule

That has nothing to do with it... it would be easire for us, that doesn't mean it's right or wrong. You think I wouldn't take the three points?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 23 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #145

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 23 2007, 09:52 AM)
Atalanta are not their fans... just like Milan and any other club are not their fans. If you believe that Atalanta deserve to lose the game on paper then I guess Catania should also be accused of murdering Filippo Raciti! If the connection is as clear as you suggest then it should be clear in all incidents...

If it was a CL game we definitely would have been awarded all three points... but so what, I don't have to and I don't agree with UEFA on this,

Atalanta should be the ones that are responsible for their fans that are IN the stadium. I thought action were being taken to make the stadiums safe in Italy, but apparently this is not happening since things like this keep happening.

So in the CL game against Inter you didn't agree that the game was given to us as a 3-0 win, even though it was Iner's fans that were causing the trouble not the club itself?

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 23 2007, 09:52 AM)
That has nothing to do with it... it would be easire for us, that doesn't mean it's right or wrong. You think I wouldn't take the three points?

I know it has nothing to do with this issue but in the end we are going to suffer the conciquences because of the actions of fans that the Italian FA still can't seem to get a handle on, even though after last season's controversie and all the panic that came with it they still did nothing.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 23 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #146

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2007, 05:02 PM)
So in the CL game against Inter you didn't agree that the game was given to us as a 3-0 win, even though it was Iner's fans that were causing the trouble not the club itself?

No but I enjoyed it! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 23 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #147

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 23 2007, 03:25 PM)

What Milan fan actually didn't enjoy that? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 PM