> 4/7/2007 - Serie A - Milan - Empoli

misha
post Apr 7 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #46

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Ancelotti: Forget about Bayern

Carlo Ancelotti has told Milan that tonight’s clash with Empoli is more important than the Champions League decider in Munich.

“I think it would be easier for us to finish fourth in Serie A than reach the Champions League semi-final,” the Coach told his squad.

“Saturday’s match is a crucial result in the fight for fourth place – a target we have been chasing since the start of the season.

“We will be facing a team that is in front of us in the table, plays good football and has put together a lot of points. We must forget about Bayern.”

Without the eight-point Calciopoli penalty, the Rossoneri would find themselves in joint third place with Lazio – who themselves have a three-point handicap – but as things stand they are one behind minnows Empoli.

Just days after the confidence-hitting 2-2 draw with Bayern at San Siro and leading up to the second leg in Munich, Milan must focus on the task at hand.

“I am looking to field my best formation. A few players have not yet recovered fully, but there will not be a total squad rotation,” explained Ancelotti.

“Paolo Maldini cannot play two games on the trot, while Alessandro Nesta has just returned from a long lay-off and needs rest. Clarence Seedorf has to do some specific training work, so these three probably won’t feature. If the others have recovered, then they will play.”

The after-effects of that Champions League draw are not just physical, as Nelson Dida and Alberto Gilardino were both heavily criticised by the fans.

“Dida did not make any kind of mistake on the first goal. On the second he perhaps should have covered the near post a little netter, but it was a fortunate situation for Bayern and not just a single man’s error,” insisted the Coach.

“I spoke with Gilardino, but only to tell him he played well. He was a good focus point for the team moving forward and his was a positive performance.”

Gilardino will be suspended for the second leg of that quarter-final, while Ronaldo is cup-tied.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 7 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #47

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Gazzetta's probable line-up

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Apr 7 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #48

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

Yes, this seems to be the first line-up.
The only change I thought about was that Brochi would play instead of Gattuso, but as I can see Brochi is not even called-up for this match.

+Quote Post

HasanHasanly
post Apr 7 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #49

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 476

QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 7 2007, 12:43 PM)
Ancelotti: Forget about Bayern

Carlo Ancelotti has told Milan that tonight’s clash with Empoli is more important than the Champions League decider in Munich.

“I think it would be easier for us to finish fourth in Serie A than reach the Champions League semi-final,” the Coach told his squad.

“Saturday’s match is a crucial result in the fight for fourth place – a target we have been chasing since the start of the season.

“We will be facing a team that is in front of us in the table, plays good football and has put together a lot of points. We must forget about Bayern.”

Without the eight-point Calciopoli penalty, the Rossoneri would find themselves in joint third place with Lazio – who themselves have a three-point handicap – but as things stand they are one behind minnows Empoli.

Just days after the confidence-hitting 2-2 draw with Bayern at San Siro and leading up to thesecond leg in Munich, Milan must focus on the task at hand.

“I am looking to field my best formation. A few players have not yet recovered fully, but there will not be a total squad rotation,” explained Ancelotti.

“Paolo Maldini cannot play two games on the trot, while Alessandro Nesta has just returned from a long lay-off and needs rest. Clarence Seedorf has to do some specific training work, so these three probably won’t feature. If the others have recovered, then they will play.”

The after-effects of that Champions League draw are not just physical, as Nelson Dida and Alberto Gilardino were both heavily criticised by the fans.

“Dida did not make any kind of mistake on the first goal. On the second he perhaps should have covered the near post a little netter, but it was a fortunate situation for Bayern and not just a single man’s error,” insisted the Coach.

“I spoke with Gilardino, but only to tell him he played well. He was a good focus point for the team moving forward and his was a positive performance.”

Gilardino will be suspended for the second leg of that quarter-final, while Ronaldo is cup-tied.

Carlo gave up. Would have never expected anything like this from him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 7 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #50

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Apr 7 2007, 12:50 PM)
Carlo gave up. Would have never expected anything like this from him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

This is what he said in the press conference not in the locker room. He probably wants the Germans to think that way...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 7 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #51

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 5 2007, 04:10 PM)
if we can manage to win the next 2 games (H-Empoli and A-Bayern) trust me we are Champions League winners by now, and the 4rth place will be undoubtable.

So, the next 2 matches will tell if Milan is really great.

Well to me, Milan is already great. Milan doesn't have anything to prove, the whole world knows what Milan is made of

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 7 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #52

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 7 2007, 09:13 AM)

Thanks for that arivan.

But I though Sergio was called up? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Why is he in the 'indisponibili' and the 'a disposizione'?

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 7 2007, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post

drizzt
post Apr 7 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #53

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 360

Palermo lost to Cagliari. 1-3. (bresciano | suazo,pepe,suazo) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Tonight we must beat Empoli to gain this advantage.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Apr 7 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #54

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 7 2007, 10:13 AM)
Thanks for that arivan.

But I though Sergio was called up?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)   (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Why is he in the 'indisponibili' and the 'a disposizione'?

Gazzetta isn't always right. Sergio was indeed called up (listed as a midfielder though? I thought he was a LB?).

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Apr 7 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #55

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 7 2007, 10:11 AM)
Gazzetta isn't always right. Sergio was indeed called up (listed as a midfielder though? I thought he was a LB?).

alot of the time wingbacks will be put int he same cat. as midfielders (wide mid) because they can play in either position. most of his career he's been a Left midfielder (he's also been played as an in and out striker), but he can slot in at the left because his attacking abilities and thats what we look for in fullbacks. he can pretty much play anywhere on the left side of the field. obviously his defending skills arent the best but with all the defensive midfielders we play it's never been a huge problem.

This post has been edited by bigmacmtl: Apr 7 2007, 04:30 PM

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post Apr 7 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #56

Guests

Serie A Table

Were technically in 4th position now providing we win tonight, since palermo have played an extra game.

Ronaldo will definitely be on the scoresheet, got a feeling (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) .

Hopefully this will be a sign of things to come in germany.

C'mon boys!

This post has been edited by fresh_prince7: Apr 7 2007, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Apr 7 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #57

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

LETS DO THIS !!!! FORZA MILAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 7 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #58

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Palermo have given us a HUGE window of opportunity.

If we win this then we are just 1 point behind them with a game in hand

SO COME ON LET'S GET THE 3 POINTS

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 7 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #59

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Official line ups

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kakà; Gilardino, Ronaldo.
Empoli (4-3-1-2): Balli; Raggi, Adani, Pratali, Tosto; Buscè, Almiron, Moro; Vannucchi; Pozzi, Saudati.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 7 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #60

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

About to start

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:16 AM