Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 24 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #977

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Result is great, game so-so. Yes, we had important injuries, but I think Atalanta just like Napoli are perhaps the worst team we could possibly face. Not only because they've been great for two years in a row now, but rather because they have incredible intensity in their pressing and play very fast.

Anyway, season for us was over since after Sassuolo. These last few games are just to determined whether we'll go directly into EL or we'll go through the play-offs first.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #978

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 24 2020, 11:03 PM) *
Result is great, game so-so. Yes, we had important injuries, but I think Atalanta just like Napoli are perhaps the worst team we could possibly face. Not only because they've been great for two years in a row now, but rather because they have incredible intensity in their pressing and play very fast.

Anyway, season for us was over since after Sassuolo. These last few games are just to determined whether we'll go directly into EL or we'll go through the play-offs first.

Yep, we tend to struggle against both Atalanta and Napoli because of the way they play. But considering we were missing 3 of our best defensive players, it was still an excellent result.

And I do agree, the season is basically done and dusted now. And we need to look ahead to September.

The core group of this team is very good. We need to make sure to keep all of them.

Priorities for the transfer market should be as follows:

• Convince Ibra to stay for one more season
  • Players with contracts running down who are integral to the system should be renewed

1. 2020: Bona (not integral but still a very important bench player), Ibra
  2. 2021: Rebic (end of loan deal), Hakan, G. Donna
  3. 2022: Romagnoli, Kessie
  4. Look into contracts like Theo's and Bennacer, sure both have a long way to go, but I read Bennacer has a release clause, we need to make sure to ratify such loop holes and keep both players happy

• Sign a top notch CB to partner Romagnoli. Kjear has been good, but next season he should be a rotation option. The fact that Gabbia has to step in when either Romagnoli or Kjear are injured is anxiety inducing to say the least
  • Sign a RB and sell Conti/Calabria. I'd rather keep Calabria but selling him would be more financially beneficial since he's Primavera
  • Sign a RW, Jeremy Boga would be excellent imo and won't cost an arm and a leg
  • Sign proper backups for Kessie and Bennacer.
  • Sign a striker that's good enough to take over from Ibra, whether he leaves now or next year, we have to prepare.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 25 2020, 11:29 AM
Post #979

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Media is hyping Hakan’s performance last night, but I thought he was just average. He’s very inconsistent, just like Kessie. But Kessie last night actually stepped up aside from a few brainfart moments.

Our run post-lockdown has been that of a scudetto challenger, but obviously we can’t keep up such form for the entirety of next season. Expectations have to be CL qualification, and with a few quality signings we can easily achieve that.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 25 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #980

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

I might be wrong but i think that having this 5 sub option has also suited us a lot.

We just need a sensible transfer window and we could actually have a positive next season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 25 2020, 03:22 PM
Post #981

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 25 2020, 11:29 AM) *
Media is hyping Hakan’s performance last night, but I thought he was just average. He’s very inconsistent, just like Kessie. But Kessie last night actually stepped up aside from a few brainfart moments.

Our run post-lockdown has been that of a scudetto challenger, but obviously we can’t keep up such form for the entirety of next season. Expectations have to be CL qualification, and with a few quality signings we can easily achieve that.

I think Hakan has been very consistent since the restart. Obviously he's not going to be flawless in every game but the stats speak for themselves. And considering how very inconsistent he's been for us. This run of games has been very promising. I think switching him to the center is the main reason, add to that having players like Ibra, Rebic and Theo around him who are continuously providing him with passing options due to their movements and imo that's the major reason for his improvement

Players having a bit of an off game at this point for me is expected. Fatigue has got to be setting in, having said that, we've looked the fitter side against every team we've faced so far, so I have to commend Pioli and his technical staff as we generally tend to struggle with fitness levels but compared to other teams we've looked really good

Kessie also has been having a great run.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 25 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #982

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 25 2020, 12:27 PM) *
I might be wrong but i think that having this 5 sub option has also suited us a lot.

Actually something else has suited us even more, and if no one has spotted it I'd be genuinely shocked.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 25 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #983

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 25 2020, 04:51 PM) *
Actually something else has suited us even more, and if no one has spotted it I'd be genuinely shocked.

No crowd?

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 26 2020, 12:05 PM
Post #984

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 26 2020, 01:05 AM) *
No crowd?

I would bet on this! No Danny?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 26 2020, 01:00 PM
Post #985

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 26 2020, 12:05 PM) *
I would bet on this! No Danny?

Bang on William. No crowds. No pressure. Or less pressure. And it's benefiting my Rangers too.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 26 2020, 03:46 PM
Post #986

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I agree that the supporters tend to get annoying, booing used to work when we had players like Seedorf, Pirlo, Rino, etc. They stood up to the challenge from the fans.

But the curva has to understand that this is a very young group, and booing is counter productive. It crushes their spirits rather than helping to boost them into action. The fans, especially the ultras need to learn how to get behind the team, and not just when things are going well.

That being said, I think the kind of form we're in, having the stadium full right now would probably be an added boost

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 29 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #987

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Don't know if anyone watched today. Won 4-1 vs Samp.

Basically a training game, but still nice to see us being so fluid in attack

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 30 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #988

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2020, 09:14 PM) *
Don't know if anyone watched today. Won 4-1 vs Samp.

Basically a training game, but still nice to see us being so fluid in attack

Didn't realise it was on till the 70th minute (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Saw Leao's wonderful goal but yeah, looked easy enough.

Another ridiculous penalty though - second time VAR has been used in recent games and despite evidence overwhelming proving it wasn't a pen against us, the ref STILL gives it!

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Aug 2 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #989

Allievi Nazionali

Finished with a 3-0 in the last game.

These last few weeks has left something to look forward for next season especially considering the disastrous start we had

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 2 2020, 12:15 PM
Post #990

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 2 2020, 10:59 AM) *
Finished with a 3-0 in the last game.

These last few weeks has left something to look forward for next season especially considering the disastrous start we had

Feel like the team has played better with the pressure off.

It's whether it can handle it when it starts to mean something.

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:32 AM