6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Who should be given the gloves during Milan's 08/09 season?, 28/07/08 to 04/08/08

Who should be given the gloves during Milan's 08/09 season?
Who should be given the gloves during Milan's 08/09 season?
Dida [ 6 ] ** [18.18%]
Abbiati [ 16 ] ** [48.48%]
Kalac [ 10 ] ** [30.30%]
Other [ 1 ] ** [3.03%]
Total Votes: 33

m1ke
post Jul 28 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

In a recent interview, Galliani openly discussed the Goalkeeping situation at Milan. He mentioned that in Carlo's eyes, the current pecking order for the No.1 spot goes Kalac, Abbiati and then Dida (whilst the club 'evaluate' his current condition).

Kalac had a solid season in 07/08, and was a breath of fresh air for Milan fans who'd learnt to look away every time the ball entered Dida's penalty area. But is he the right man to take Milan forward during 08/09? The 'Other' option is for people who think Milan should spend yet more money in the transfer window - if you pick this option, drop some names in this thread!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jul 28 2008, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

Kalac. He played a solid season last year. He's our best option though I agree with others that none of our GK is good enough to be our no 1.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 28 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Kalac, let the others work their way from square one. Abbiati was dropped for Dida, and then Dida for Kalac. Let's see if things come a full circle.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 28 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Kalac. Abbiati just came in and he's not better than him while Dida is not ready.

Undeniably, Dida is our most talented goalie but he should be give up on his actor's career first before he's given a real chance again.

+Quote Post

misha
post Jul 28 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

Kalac (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 28 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Kalac. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Hmph.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jul 28 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

abbiati, hes the better of the three.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 28 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Abbiati is the best of the keepers we have, and as I do not believe we'll bring another in, he should get them.

+Quote Post

agenth
post Jul 28 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #9

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

who voted Dida!

anyway, Kalac, who has proven himself, and thankfully they acknowledged him and gave him the Nr#1 spot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jul 28 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #10

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Nine votes for Kalac? Guess nothing's sacred anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jul 28 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I voted Dida. I miss him.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 28 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #12

Berretti

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 29 2008, 03:02 AM) *
Nine votes for Kalac? Guess nothing's sacred anymore.

That includes me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Provided he gets back to his former glory, I want Dida to fight his place back so no one can take it back from him. Let everyone see the true worth of Abbiati and Kalac; there's a reason they never were first choice material. If he starts, fans will keep on negating everything the Brazilian does, and I'm afraid that'll be that.

If Dida wants to fight his way back, then let's do it the proper way. Best of luck to whoever starts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

agenth
post Jul 28 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 29 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Nine votes for Kalac? Guess nothing's sacred anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jul 29 2008, 12:02 AM) *
I voted Dida. I miss him.

Yes, you#re in love with the idea of the old Dida not the Dida-now. But reality check says that he proved to be very difficult to be in use last season. I'm not hating on him, just saying it's better to trust in someone, who tried to save us match for match. If Dida finds back to his old ability, i'll be there acknowledging his Nr.#1 status with open arms.

Name shouldn't matter, but ability.

Forza Kalac.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jul 28 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #14

Berretti

QUOTE (agenth @ Jul 29 2008, 03:38 AM) *
Name shouldn't matter, but ability.

You overestimate the name, then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) The only reason Kalac looks this good is because Dida is so miserable. Admittedly, he made some very decent saves last season (all the while being in the shadows of Dida), so I don't dislike him. But wasn't he the one who landed us fifth place? Didn't even get us to the quarters of the CL? He had a good patch, and anyone else would have done equally good.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is even though he deserves the gloves (as of now), there is absolutely no telling that he'll keep it up, and his form, all season. Sooner or later he'll get back to what he was. And while there's absolutely no question in saying that he should start from the first match, the real battle will be between Dida and Abbiati. Kalac looked great because not much was expected form him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He was after all a second-choice stepping up to fill a first-choice's boots because the later had fallen of grace. This time we'll need all cylinders firing between the posts if we want to mount a challange for the league. No two words about this.

Kalac never was first choice, and I don't see him being towards the end of his career, touching age 36. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

agenth
post Jul 29 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 29 2008, 12:58 AM) *
You overestimate the name, then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) The only reason Kalac looks this good is because Dida is so miserable. Admittedly, he made some very decent saves last season (all the while being in the shadows of Dida), so I don't dislike him. But wasn't he the one who landed us fifth place? Didn't even get us to the quarters of the CL? He had a good patch, and anyone else would have done equally good.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is even though he deserves the gloves (as of now), there is absolutely no telling that he'll keep it up, and his form, all season. Sooner or later he'll get back to what he was. And while there's absolutely no question in saying that he should start from the first match, the real battle will be between Dida and Abbiati. Kalac looked great because not much was expected form him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He was after all a second-choice stepping up to fill a first-choice's boots because the later had fallen of grace. This time we'll need all cylinders firing between the posts if we want to mount a challange for the league. No two words about this.

Kalac never was first choice, and I don't see him being towards the end of his career, touching age 36. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Maybe you're right. But he has earned the right to try again, and how would have our season ended if he wouldn't have been at least a step better than his precedent?

I've said, that I don't know if he'll keep up, but as long as he has better performances than Dida, he should stay Nr.1

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:49 AM