Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter Transfers 2017

Danny
post Jan 28 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #256

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Ocampos close to being done. God what a f*cking depressing window this was.

We needed quality in midfield and up front and ended up loaning out Niang, chucking away Adriano and signing two loan wingers.

The only area I'm content enough with is defence - Donna, Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli and Antonelli is as good a defence as Serie A has. The problem is the painful lack of quality in midfield and our system's struggles to feed our striker. Midfield filled with loans and journeymen - there isn't a single midfielder we have even close to the quality we need for UEL never mind higher ambitions. Mati, Locatelli, Sosa, Pasilic, Kucka - the only player we have I rely on is Jack and he's been getting used as a winger recently to cover for Niang.

Following this window our strongest team is probably:

Donna, Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, Antonelli, Kucka, Jack, Sosa/Pasalic/Loca, Suso, Bacca and Deulofeu

We're going to struggle to be a top 6 team this season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 28 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #257

Allievi Nazionali

So with this alleged *COUGH* takeover coming in, we're linked again with Fabregas, and have competition from Chelsea for Villarreal's Musacchio .

We're also been linked with a move for Aguero.

Suddenly the big names are now being linked rather than Lapadula. If the money happens we could see a REAL change this summer.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 2 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #258

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

...AND it's gone! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 2 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #259

Allievi Nazionali

Lasted long didn't it!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 4 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #260

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

We'll see what happens next summer. If the transfer market is once again left in the hands of Galliani expect a defender and a striker with the midfield being left to rot once again. Expect a couple of shady deals with Genoa as well

If the takeover actually does happen, I'm interested to see what Mirabelli brings to the table, we've been linked to very interesting names. Whether we'll have the funds or if Mirabelli wil get the chance to actually work with us is another thing altogether though

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 18 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #261

Allievi Nazionali

Spurs, Juve, and significantly, Atletico Madrid now linked with Suso. Heavily. Big enough offer I doubt we'll keep him especially if this fabled Chinese takeover doesn't materialise.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 19 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #262

Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 18 2017, 08:20 PM) *
Spurs, Juve, and significantly, Atletico Madrid now linked with Suso. Heavily. Big enough offer I doubt we'll keep him especially if this fabled Chinese takeover doesn't materialise.

Why not? We're sitting on 200MM cash. That kills debt completely of course. Or can be good enough to hand out some good contracts.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #263

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 19 2017, 09:07 AM) *
Why not? We're sitting on 200MM cash. That kills debt completely of course. Or can be good enough to hand out some good contracts.

We have no assurance that that money is actually real, and if it is, I'm pretty sure Fininvest won't put it back into Milan

And even so, it's still a very short term outlook. 200m in today's football is nothing. We're barely spending anything on transfers these days and yet we're still clocking up 60m euros of debt each year. (which just shows you how terribly run we are as a business and as a club)

The problem is that Silvio no longer wants to invest, we're no longer competitive so we can't even demand high sponsorship deals anymore since we haven't been playing any continental football for a couple of years, not to mention our current sponsors don't even want to renew their deals because they think their money would be better spent elsewhere

So if this deal is a farce (as it is looking more and more likely with each passing day) then we should be worried about the future of this club and where it's going, because carrying on as we currently are would mean having to resign ourselves to being supporters of a mid-table team that was once great but no longer is

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 19 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #264

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2017, 04:39 PM) *
We have no assurance that that money is actually real, and if it is, I'm pretty sure Fininvest won't put it back into Milan

And even so, it's still a very short term outlook. 200m in today's football is nothing. We're barely spending anything on transfers these days and yet we're still clocking up 60m euros of debt each year. (which just shows you how terribly run we are as a business and as a club)

The problem is that Silvio no longer wants to invest, we're no longer competitive so we can't even demand high sponsorship deals anymore since we haven't been playing any continental football for a couple of years, not to mention our current sponsors don't even want to renew their deals because they think their money would be better spent elsewhere

So if this deal is a farce (as it is looking more and more likely with each passing day) then we should be worried about the future of this club and where it's going, because carrying on as we currently are would mean having to resign ourselves to being supporters of a mid-table team that was once great but no longer is

Yup, the deal is seriously at risk. And if it did happen, the new owners look like a bunch of clowns, so I am not sure it will end well.

As for the 200M, I believe they are real alright. However, they are going to Fininvest and not the club,, so we are back to where we were before (limited money, no clear direction, etc). Even worse, if we pull out of the deal, most likely there will be a big legal battle. which will not help.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #265

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Yeah, after all these delays, even if the deal does go through, what guarantees us that the new owner will start spending big bucks on the mercato when they're having so much trouble finding the money to purchase the club in the first place.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 19 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #266

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Mar 19 2017, 07:41 PM) *
Yup, the deal is seriously at risk. And if it did happen, the new owners look like a bunch of clowns, so I am not sure it will end well.

As for the 200M, I believe they are real alright. However, they are going to Fininvest and not the club,, so we are back to where we were before (limited money, no clear direction, etc). Even worse, if we pull out of the deal, most likely there will be a big legal battle. which will not help.

I agree with you, the Chinese don't seem serious at all. They missed Friday deadline for another 100M.

It's all up in the air now; but one thing is for sure Silvio has set a price on Milan and if it is met by XYZ Milan will be sold. Silvio is playing it cool and that he can take Milan back on his own (I beg to question what changed in the climate of football and in Silvios finance? Nothing). The 200M is Fininvests all right and with the club on sale, I believe it's not intended to be reinvested in Milan.

Then the irony of a potential future Captain Donna, whom his agent stated has a year and a half left on his contract, agreeing not to talk about the players renewal with the current management and on top of that calling the Chinese investors not serious. Does this mean we loose this player on the cheap or on a Bosman?

A sale of this club has to be concluded, whether the Chinese pull through and end up dry on the transfer market, or to different investors.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #267

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 19 2017, 08:15 PM) *
I agree with you, the Chinese don't seem serious at all. They missed Friday deadline for another 100M.

It's all up in the air now; but one thing is for sure Silvio has set a price on Milan and if it is met by XYZ Milan will be sold. Silvio is playing it cool and that he can take Milan back on his own (I beg to question what changed in the climate of football and in Silvios finance? Nothing). The 200M is Fininvests all right and with the club on sale, I believe it's not intended to be reinvested in Milan.

Then the irony of a potential future Captain Donna, whom his agent stated has a year and a half left on his contract, agreeing not to talk about the players renewal with the current management and on top of that calling the Chinese investors not serious. Does this mean we loose this player on the cheap or on a Bosman?

A sale of this club has to be concluded, whether the Chinese pull through and end up dry on the transfer market, or to different investors.

The player situation is what is most worrying and pressing atm

Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Suso, Locatelli, Calabria, Deulofeu and Romagnoli; with the first two's contract situations being the most alarming as we could lose both for free or next to nothing if they decide they want to leave this mess of a club, if the ownership situation is not resolved than the futures of all those mentioned won't be at Milan. I included Deulofeu because we should be trying to make an offer for him, he's clicked with the team so quickly and he's obviously a special player, I'd really like to see us keeping him, but with the situation as is, that's not going to happen either

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 20 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #268

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Lets not make the mistake in indirectly stating this situation is intentional. Sure Silvio wants to exit, and this party intending to come in can not clear funds out of china to close the deal; hence this situation of players contracts left to expire due to uncertainty of the future.

We can not beat our heads to the wall due to external factors to this deal. After all, i think we have been through much heartache already so this whole issue does not really hurt. Tis just Donna whom I feel could have been the new Maldini for Milan. The kid who benches Lopez at 17. Oh well, Istanbul, Sheva's departure, and the retirement of the old guard stung more.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 21 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #269

Allievi Nazionali

Summer transfers probably needed now Han. Open that one?

PS we're now linked with 40M Euros for Berardi.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 22 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #270

Group Icon

Football Italia is running a story that Man City is considering a 120MM - 150MM bid for Donnarumma. That figure gives me pause I have to be honest. How good is Plizzari?

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:57 PM