> 04/3/08 - CL - Ac Milan Vs. Arsenal

acid911
post Mar 5 2008, 02:12 AM
Post #376

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 5 2008, 04:46 AM)
I think we need a change of coach. But it does not really matter who will come if we don't splash some money on players. Can anyone do better with this squad? Hell no.

A change of coach and direction is needed, yes. We need a fresh approach from everyone involved. And this includes strikers who can't score for their lives (not limited to Gila), to bald-headed monsters. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 5 2008, 02:12 AM
Post #377

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

no need for mourinho, carlo is already good with all our players. We just needed to make transfers in the summer and january and didn't. It would have costed us somewhere and it was today. Its good because if we win the cl again we would have had another bs year.

in the summer:

out: maldini cafu sergio gilardino(1 billion% sure) dida, gourcuff.

in: drogba/amauri/ benzema. zambrotta

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Mar 5 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #378

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 4 2008, 08:12 PM)
no need for mourinho, carlo is already good with all our players.  We just needed to make transfers in the summer and january and didn't.  It would have costed us somewhere and it was today.  Its good because if we win the cl again we would have had another bs year. 

in the summer:

out:  maldini cafu sergio gilardino(1 billion% sure) dida, gourcuff.

in:  drogba/amauri/ benzema.  zambrotta

i'd say our midfield needs a boost too, it goes MIA too often.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 5 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #379

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I know they're both probably going to Spain, but I'd be very happy indeed to see either Rafael Van der Vaart or Luka Modric as far as midfield goes.

Other midfield options could include one of the young guys from Sporting (Veloso or Moutinho), especially since - at least from what I understand of the various articles in Portugal and Italy - Grimi seems to be doing well there and Sporting might want to keep him. Could maybe do a trade there.

If I wanted to push for an Italian, my picks would be Montolivo and/or Aquilani.

+Quote Post

javierk128
post Mar 5 2008, 03:14 AM
Post #380

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 522

i would start to play some youngsters, so they can accumulate some experience for the next season, we should try marzoratti, paloschi, digao, and other players, this way we use the primavera boys, i mean less money, beside this, i should sign some new world class players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) like sheva (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (i know it´s a dream), drogba, zambrotta, van der vaart, and some defences just to let maldini and the other players retire in peace

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #381

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Hmm...

No change of coach for me. Carlo is way more efficient at managing players than Mourinho is. Mourinho became a no-no for me the moment he came up with his bad eggs and I eat an omelette everyday thing.

But yeah we need changes, which I've already put up in the transfer market thread before.

It's funny, how this team is playing exactly like we expected them to play LAST season. I remember putting up a poll last season, on how far we'd go, and almost 70% said, we'd reach the round of 16 max.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Mar 5 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #382

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

This team is a sinking ship you could easily have seen this coming two seasons ago with constant injuries and the departure of Scheva to Chelsea. Arsenal is the first team we've played all season in the champions league and they outplayed us. There were times where we had the better hand, what was missing was the individual brilliance of Kaka who outran defenses but couldn't finalize the deal. Our defense was horrible. Only Nesta was there to defuse. Gattuso let Fabergas run a mile to score. Oddo was about 20 yards behind Gallas

As far as Ancelotti is concerned either he or Galliani needs to go. This is a time where I think the Madrid philosophy works, you bring trophies and quality or your out the door. Galliani is already talking about the World Club Cup as the main objective. To me and most people compared to the Serie A championship and the Champions League trophy, the WCC is a trophy that you get in a box of cereal. It is probably the biggest joke tournament in the world where teams from various times in their season go somewhere to play outside of their time zones and schedules. To me it has no impact.

This team is just flat out mediocre. Its same formula we've seen for the past 5 years. Its time for a change. Eventually there was a time when Arsenal and Man U rebuilt their squads, Milan are about 2 years behind.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 5 2008, 07:43 AM
Post #383

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Well I think we deserved that result. We were simply not good enough and at times could barely keep up. Hopefully this result will open the eyes of Galliani and Silvio, we need a change desperately, starting from the coach, Carlo just needs to go.

And now all I'm waiting for is to not even make it into the CL next year. Hopefully this loss was for a good reason and it could be a blessing in disguise, and they will implement the changes we need to make.

I said before the game that we p!ssed off 3 vital league games for a cup competition, were all it takes is a bad night to get knocked out. Last season we were lucky and it worked out well for us. But we can't expect it to work every year. And the fact that Carlo sees it fit to take the league as a much more meaningless competition is one of the main reasons why I think he should go

This post has been edited by han2503: Mar 5 2008, 07:46 AM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 5 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #384

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) As expected:

Galliani Blames Club World Cup

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani insists that Milan’s elimination from the Champions League is not the end of an era and he has put it down to focusing on the World Club Cup.

The Rossoneri were beaten 2-0 by the rampant young Gunners in a entertaining clash at San Siro but Galliani does not seem too worried.

“This is not the end of an era. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) We focused on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia after the game.

“We knew it would cost a lot in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need for it to change. [(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) I knew he'd say this, disgusting bald headed stupid]

“I believe Arsenal played better than we did over the 180 minutes and so deserved to go through. No club has won the Champions League twice in a row since us in 1990-91, so we couldn’t break that taboo.

“We did really well in the opening 15-20 minutes and there was a period of Arsenal pressure, but we conceded a goal right when Arsenal seemed to be on a downward spiral.

“Unfortunately it was decided in midfield and we had some players returning from injury, others out completely like Clarence Seedorf, so it was very bad timing.

“This is football and we must focus on our next challenge. Let’s not forget we are the club with the most trophies in the world and in 2007 we won three prestigious cups. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) ”

There were reports Carlo Ancelotti would be sacked if he failed to reach the Champions League semi-finals, but Galliani insists that the club have full confidence in their coach.

“Our President Silvio Berlusconi is fantastic and told the players that we can’t always win in football, so we have to keep going.”

Milan will be hoping they can improve their form in Serie A so they can ensure they qualify for the Champions League next season.

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Mar 5 2008, 08:53 AM

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Mar 5 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #385

Best substiton player :)

Member No.: 1,810

Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric Modric

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Mar 5 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #386

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

i would love to see the guy come to milan.^^^

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #387

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Was it Porty who said the fella's going to Barca?

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Mar 5 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #388

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

(IMG:http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XAC118030420_1024x768.jpg)
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

kdman
post Mar 5 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #389

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 53

Galliani is stupid. We all know that.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 5 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #390

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 5 2008, 07:52 AM)
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) As expected:
Galliani Blames Club World Cup

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani insists that Milan’s elimination from the Champions League is not the end of an era and he has put it down to focusing on the World Club Cup.

The Rossoneri were beaten 2-0 by the rampant young Gunners in a entertaining clash at San Siro but Galliani does not seem too worried.

“This is not the end of an era. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) We focused on Japan and winning the Club World Cup. It was our choice,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia after the game.

“We knew it would cost a lot in terms of physical and psychological energy, but it remains an historic season and there is no need for it to change. [(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) I knew he'd say this, disgusting bald headed stupid]

“I believe Arsenal played better than we did over the 180 minutes and so deserved to go through. No club has won the Champions League twice in a row since us in 1990-91, so we couldn’t break that taboo.

“We did really well in the opening 15-20 minutes and there was a period of Arsenal pressure, but we conceded a goal right when Arsenal seemed to be on a downward spiral.

“Unfortunately it was decided in midfield and we had some players returning from injury, others out completely like Clarence Seedorf, so it was very bad timing.

“This is football and we must focus on our next challenge. Let’s not forget we are the club with the most trophies in the world and in 2007 we won three prestigious cups. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) ”

There were reports Carlo Ancelotti would be sacked if he failed to reach the Champions League semi-finals, but Galliani insists that the club have full confidence in their coach.

“Our President Silvio Berlusconi is fantastic and told the players that we can’t always win in football, so we have to keep going.”

Milan will be hoping they can improve their form in Serie A so they can ensure they qualify for the Champions League next season.

And what p!sses me is the fact that instead of admitting that there is a problem, they continue to try to feed fans cr@p and continue to treat them like idiots.

Either they change things around or we could be looking at a bleak few years and it would be all the management's fault for their poor mangement.

All the excuses, and I'm sure there will be promises of new signings, and what will happen next season? We'll get guys like Ferrari because he's free and bring Oliveira and Boriello from loan. I'm not even expecting a decent replacement for Paolo at this point. It has gotten to a beyond rediculous point now

This post has been edited by han2503: Mar 5 2008, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:31 PM