m1ke
post Jul 15 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

OFFICIAL: MILAN GET RONALDINHO
Tuesday 15 July, 2008
Milan have officially announced they have agreed a deal to sign Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

“AC Milan and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri,” read the statement.

“The player will be in Milan tomorrow to undergo a medical and sign the contract that will tie him to the club until June 30, 2011.”

It was confirmed the Brazilian will leave Barcelona at 11.00 local time on Wednesday morning on the same flight as general manager Adriano Galliani.

The financial details have not yet been revealed, but it is expected to have been sealed in the region of £15m.

The offer was substantially lower than Manchester City’s £25.5m bid, but Ronaldinho’s desire to join Milan has been evident for many months.

He now goes to bolster an already strong Brazilian contingent at San Siro alongside Kaka and Alexandre Pato for an all-Selecao front three.

“Tomorrow Ronaldinho will undergo a medical and, if he passes, he will become a Milan player,” grinned Galliani on Sky Italia.

The official was on his way to a restaurant in Barcelona with President Joan Laporta, agent Roberto De Assis, FIFA go-between Ernesto Bronzetti and of course Ronaldinho himself to celebrate the deal.

It was reported one of the main sticking points over the last few hours was the fee that needed to go to his former club, Paris Saint-Germain, but Milan and Barca managed to iron out the remaining details.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jul 16 2008, 01:46 AM
Post #2

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) welcome to the magician!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 16 2008, 01:48 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Hopefully we see more Ronaldinho '05/'06, and less Ronaldinho '06/'07!

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jul 16 2008, 03:27 AM
Post #4

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 16 2008, 01:48 AM) *
Hopefully we see more Ronaldinho '05/'06, and less Ronaldinho '06/'07!

Edit: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and less Ronaldinho! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jul 16 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #5

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Edit: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and less Ronaldinho! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

ditto (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

here's a little video of when Kaka, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho were younger.... click!

Kaka... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 16 2008, 04:25 AM
Post #6

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 15 2008, 10:27 PM) *

Edit: FIX: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and Ronaldinho '05/06'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jul 16 2008, 05:05 AM
Post #7

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 16 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Edit: FIX: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and Ronaldinho '05/06'! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've never been a major fan even when he was at his peak.

I fail to see how people love this guy and call Ronaldo a one-trick pony that never shows up in big games. I mean Ronaldinho was sensational in the CL final against Arsenal wasn't he and in the World cup, well...

There have been 2 occasions I can recall him turning it on and proving he's World Class against proper opposition against Madrid and against Milan mainly because of 'that' goal.

I hope I'm wrong and in a few months I'm eating my words but I do fail to see how he's going to change Milan's fortunes when we have the better Brazilian in our team already.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 16 2008, 05:11 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 05:05 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I've never been a major fan even when he was at his peak.

I fail to see how people love this guy and call Ronaldo a one-trick pony that never shows up in big games. I mean Ronaldinho was sensational in the CL final against Arsenal wasn't he and in the World cup, well...

There have been 2 occasions I can recall him turning it on and proving he's World Class against proper opposition against Madrid and against Milan mainly because of 'that' goal.

I hope I'm wrong and in a few months I'm eating my words but I do fail to see how he's going to change Milan's fortunes when we have the better Brazilian in our team already.

I feel exactly the same.

As for the Champions League Final in question.. if it weren't for Henrik Larsson, Barca would have been humiliated by 10 man Arsenal, he single handedly won them that game when he came on!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 16 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well for one thing, getting Madrid to applaud a Catalonian player is no small thing. Secondly, he did play a big role in getting them through to the final. Against Arsenal, Ronaldinho was as effective as Kaka against the same team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

But I understand, why a lot of us would prefer Kaka over R20. Why I'm so thrilled, is now you have potentially the two greatest attackers in world football today, and both of them have different styles. The ball is well and truly in Carletto's court now, to come up with something.

I wanted Ronaldinho because, like I mentioned earlier, it removes the Pirlo fixation. We can finally play the 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMFs and not have it isolate the sole striker.

If Borriello can guarantee 15 goals this season, I'd go so far as to say, the scudetto is in the bag.

Anybody thing, there is a chance that Milan will play this...

---Oddo---Nesta---Kala----Janku
---Zambro--Rino--Pirlo----Antonini
-----------Pato-----------------------
--------------------Borriello---------

Would be great to see two wingers. Or at least unique!

+Quote Post

Mook
post Jul 16 2008, 06:40 AM
Post #10

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 3,953

A brazilian attack of Kaka', Pato and Dinho is exciting to think about!

Anyone else feeling a dawn of a new era.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 16 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

This could be as big as Gre-No-Li or the three dutch musketeers. It's been a long time coming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I just so hope, this R20 gamble will work out!!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 16 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

YAY for Ronaldinho!

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jul 16 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #13

Berretti
Group Icon

A lot of Manchester City fans are 'relieved' he hasn't joined them so I've been hearing.

Now I thought this was jealousy but these comments were from a few days ago, maybe I'm not the only one having a few doubts.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 16 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

It's a case of sour grapes. Now they'll rationalize saying, he's a washed up superstar, he would have been a big strain on the pay packet etc.

Simple matter is, for the price package Milan got him for, around 20 clubs in the world could have paid the same amount. This is R10 after all, football's biggest celebrity since Beckham. But he wanted Milan and took a pay cut. I welcome him, if for nothing- that particular reason.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 16 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #15

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Hey!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

108 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:01 AM