> Winter Transfers 2016

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #91

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think a good coach would have done considerably better. We used to whine around how Carletto was unable to adapt and achieve more, but take a look at his last years: even with loosing his best players, Ancelotti still managed to catch the CL, qualified for the CL on all occasions, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 2 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #92

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2016, 09:52 PM) *
I think a good coach would have done considerably better. We used to whine around how Carletto was unable to adapt and achieve more, but take a look at his last years: even with loosing his best players, Ancelotti still managed to catch the CL, qualified for the CL on all occasions, etc.

But, surely, you have to see that still Ancelotti had a much much better squad than Allegri then! He didn't so well in the leauge, I reckon...and the CL..well he always possesed that special skill.

Again, I'm not saying Allegri is the best coach ever. I agree of his shortcomings, but the man is doing his job right. He's building a strong new Juve out of NEW quality players. I don't think it's that easy! We've seen several coaches fail to do it..namely Mourinho!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #93

Primavera
Group Icon

Surely, it isn't easy. But you forget, Allegri embarrassed himself at Milan over and over again. At one moment he completely lost it and played average or comic players in favor of real talents, he neglected club legends, he played ridiculous formations with one or two players completely out of position.

Ancelotti's late years are a myth. People tend to forget that there was a time Milan simply couldn't have won the Scudetto because of the Calciopoli scandal. But let's forget that for a minute. Ancelotti still had to deal with a WC Inter side, while the rest of Serie A was immensely more competitive.

Was it a much much better side? Think about it. No Shevchenko, no Costa, no Billy. Surely, the midfield was intact, but Ancelotti still missed key ingredients. I don't recall anyone defending him much.

In 2011/12 Allegri squandered the Scudetto with basically the same winning side. Next season sure, he lost key players. But the downfall he produced was of epic proportions.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 2 2016, 10:30 PM
Post #94

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Ancelotti's problem was different. He didn't lose any key players bar Sheva. The problem was the unwillingness of the management to gradually refresh a team of players that were getting old and losing motivation. We've said this many times. Those expensive contract renewals after the 07 CL success was the death of us.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 2 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #95

Primavera
Group Icon

Were they? I still think it's the unwillingness to regenerate the team step by step and failed projects with young players.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 3 2016, 02:05 AM
Post #96

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2016, 04:47 PM) *
Surely, it isn't easy. But you forget, Allegri embarrassed himself at Milan over and over again. At one moment he completely lost it and played average or comic players in favor of real talents, he neglected club legends, he played ridiculous formations with one or two players completely out of position.

Ancelotti's late years are a myth. People tend to forget that there was a time Milan simply couldn't have won the Scudetto because of the Calciopoli scandal. But let's forget that for a minute. Ancelotti still had to deal with a WC Inter side, while the rest of Serie A was immensely more competitive.

Was it a much much better side? Think about it. No Shevchenko, no Costa, no Billy. Surely, the midfield was intact, but Ancelotti still missed key ingredients. I don't recall anyone defending him much.

In 2011/12 Allegri squandered the Scudetto with basically the same winning side. Next season sure, he lost key players. But the downfall he produced was of epic proportions.

I don't buy that at all. Carlo's squads were vastly better than Allegri's post Ibra, Thiago, and van Bommel. Not to mention the loss of senators like Gattuso, Pippo, and Seedorf. Seriously, please look at the squad we had that year. It was really truly awful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%93...C._Milan_season. Even with all that he managed to scrape and claw back up to 3rd that season. The difference for Allegri at Juve is that they lost less of the overall quality of the team and they did a far better job of reinforcing with quality. Galliani owns at least half of that collapse with the terrible deals he made and the anemic response to such a huge loss of veterans.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 3 2016, 06:08 AM
Post #97

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

IMHO it comes down to the following:
- Milan was Allegri's first big team, and he joined us when the team was already in decline
- He made mistakes (which cost us a scudetto), and he struggled once we lost a number of key players
- He did manage to get us to 3rd place his 3rd year (in hindsight not a bad accomplishment), but completely fell apart the year after (though by then the team was no longer competitive and Berlu's lack of confidence did not help)
- His first year at Juve, he inherited a very good squad and managed to improve it further, taking it to the CL final (despite Conte's belief that it could never happen)
- His second year, there were some key changes in the squad, but despite a shaky start he managed to build a very competitive team (stayed in CL and is fighting for 1st place in Serie A). Not a bad accomplishment, and the shaky start is understandable given the extent of the changes.

Bottom line:
- At this stage, he has developed into a good manager for a top team
- Would not want him back at Milan right now (not sure he would do much better than Miha with our current squad)

In any case, my mistake for bringing this topic back up, let's all move on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 3 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #98

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 2 2016, 10:57 PM) *
Were they? I still think it's the unwillingness to regenerate the team step by step and failed projects with young players.

It's pretty much what I said.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 6 2016, 10:11 AM
Post #99

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Reports saying the Bee deal could be off...

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 6 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #100

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2016, 12:11 PM) *
Reports saying the Bee deal could be off...

Basically, looks like Berlusconi got screwed!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 6 2016, 01:24 PM
Post #101

Primavera
Group Icon

In what way?

+Quote Post

William405
post Feb 6 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #102

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 6 2016, 03:24 PM) *
In what way?

I believe that the Bee deal and Milan's high spending this summer wasn't just a coincidence. Berlusconi expected high cash inflow so he gave Galliani a big transfer kit to play around with. Let's not forget that Berlusconni covers Milan losses each year, and that's without the tremendous 80 million spent. So, imagine how big would the Milan losses be for this year.

It's not to say that I'm sad for him or anything. He deserves it given he's given the incompetent Galliani free roam for such a long time.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 7 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #103

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

This may actually be good news. A Chinese group is looking to acquire the team, and in particular "i nuovi eventuali proprietari del club di via Aldo Rossi non accetterebbero di buon grado di avere molti uomini legati a Berlusconi nella governance e anzi prevederebbero un ruolo piuttosto defilato per l'attuale numero 1 della società, che potrebbe ambire al massimo alla presidenza onoraria", which means Galliani is out and Berlu honorary president (if that). The Chinese government is pouring a lot of money in football (look at some of the recent transfers), and (in general) they tend to be "business savvy", so one has to hope.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 7 2016, 12:27 PM
Post #104

Primavera
Group Icon

I just hope something happens. This whole thing is turning into a classic Milan transfer saga.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 7 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #105

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 7 2016, 12:27 PM) *
I just hope something happens. This whole thing is turning into a classic Milan transfer saga.

Would be a blessing if this ended up being the way for Galliani to finally be out though

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 AM