> Serie A - Galliani: Milan must win title

Warchant
post Sep 28 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has demanded his team win Serie A or they will be compared to an "amusements park"

The Rossoneri spent heavily on attacking players this summer, bringing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robinho to the club, but have been inconsistent at the start of the season.

Still, they are only two points behind leaders Internazionale and Galliani feels they have a great chance.
"Milan must win the League," he said. "We are not an amusements park.

"Milan are growing and fortunately the gap at the top is smaller - 10 points in five games (from leaders Inter) means that there is great balance.

"In this balance, we are trying to recover some other positions in the table. In any case, there is balance."

Eurosport
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 28 2010, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

"Milan must win league" - Galliani.

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with this man.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 28 2010, 04:37 AM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Way to put the team and coach under more pressure, Mr. Galliani. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Even though can't say I disagree with him. The man speaketh the truth. There is absolutely no excuse for us not to win it this season.

+Quote Post

Protagonist
post Sep 28 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #4

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,644

Allegri has gotten his ultimatume, win the lead or your out.

Sadly, this action is more of a Madrid than Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 28 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

The difference is Milan would probably admit certain redeeming factors. If we're 2 points off the top in Feb, lose Pato, Nesta and Pirlo to injury..it's conceivable we might not win the league.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 28 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Would we now, Jack? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) The same frigging thing happened last season (Nesta and Pato, both habitually out) and we were in the race up until the last 4-5 matches. Where did that lead us, or more specifically Leo? We have our own little version of Galacticos, and it seems like the management has the same mentality of that infamous Madrid club. This little public ultimatum was the last thing Allegri needed, at least now.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 28 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

its different. Leo did a very stupid thing and got into a head clash with silvio. He's the club president who signs your cheques, you don't wanna do that.

Also regarding allegri, he was originally signed because he won serie A coach of the year 2x in the last 2 seasons. When he had that meeting with silvio and galliani and presented his project, it was all about how to win the scudetto.

He demanded some players and recieved them. He wanted a midfielder and got a very good one in KPB. We also bought sokratis/montelongo/yepes to reinforce his defence. We signed an extra quality goal keeper (amelia) in case abbiati gets injured.

We also got rid of our attacking problem by getting rid of 2 mediocre forwards and bringing in 2 world class forwards.

Furthermore, we signed alot of quality youth so he could have a strong base to add from in case he was here for the long term.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's gotten all the resources he needs to succeed. Now its all about man management and tactics.

He's got to be incredibly smart and notice things when they don't work. Coaches don't get months to build projects eventhough 99% need at least 3 months before making an impact.

He's gotta realise what works and what doesn't. If 4-3-3 doens't work after 4 matches and you could clearly see that there is no build up, team is too static and there is no movement. Change it and do it immediately.

Second man management has to be done better. For example; if you have injuries and the season is long don't keep going zamb -->bonera -->zamb--> bonera for right back and maybe slot in abate in there once in a while.

If it doesn't work, dont' waste your time on it. Bring about a change, try montelongo, sokratis etc etc.

----------------

If allegri gets sacked its because he is not an open minded coach. When you go from cagliari to milan, you have to be ready to throw out everything you've learned and known to be true in the garbage and be ready to take risk, try new things and let the experience develop you as a coach.

He has to express his ideas and not be afraid if benching ibra or ronaldinho will cause him to lose his job. The bottom line is results. If we win and ronaldinho is on the bench, no one will complain. If we lose and the fantasy line up is on the pitch, everyone will complain. The result is the most important thing, not who plays.

A coach is a position that brings in innovation and change. It is the most important position as it is the difference between a Win and a loss; serie A and relegation; family athmosphere and dressing room clashes.

Allegri needs to do a better job. Stop being a coward or else he will get sacked.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Sep 28 2010, 09:43 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 28 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Exactly..think Ranieri taking off Totti and bringing in Vucinic who scores. Imagine if that hadn't happened, he would have been criticised like hell for taking off the talisman.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 28 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #9

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I don't think of Ranieri as a great coach - I never have. but sometimes his subs leave me with my jaw on the floor! last season too he did something like this in one of the big games and it paid off ridiculously well. can't remember the details though.

But he remains a painfully mediocre coach in my eyes - a true almost man. I would take the likes of Carlo and Mancio ahead of him anytime.

+Quote Post

nuh
post Sep 30 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

i am happy that our aim is to actually win the league rather than finish third

+Quote Post

samira
post Oct 3 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

I can't believe that he replaced Vucinic with Boriello .. ?
But I agree when Galliani sayed he was disspointed when Milan lost agianst Cesena an later on
draw.. But He hasn't comment a bad thing since Ibra started to score

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Oct 5 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #12

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

An amusement park? Talk about pulling things out of thin air and putting them into people's heads, considering we've basically been like one the past few years ever since we won the CL.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 5 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Well no. That time we were a rundown hotel/retirement home. Now we've got all these flashy new toys and if we still suck Locke's balls it's a problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:48 AM