5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 9 to 11 - Genoa to Juve vs Milan, Date: 25/10/17 Time: 20:45 CET

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 23 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #16

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2017, 05:09 AM) *
4-2-3-1. I've been saying it from day one. Only that, right now I don't think it's just a problem of formation anymore. It's the mentality that needs to be fixed.

Yes. Pretty much. The formation is irrelevant. Poor from the coach. He's under a lot of pressure now. I can't agree with Filippo when he faults the management. We all thought it was amazing decision making from them this summer. Especially when all they set a target for was CL places.

I'm hoping this is just October being a **** month. Montella usually saves his worst for February, but maybe schedules have changed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 23 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,075

Well, the stories have been swirling around since the Samp game that there are not insignificant issues in the dressing room. Basically it's Mino's clients + Montolivo versus the New Guys (specifically Bonucci and Biglia). Sounds like it's not going too well at all (most recent article in Monday's Gazzetta).

Trying to institute a new way of playing with a bunch of new players is monumentally more difficult if the old guys are working to sabotage everything.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 23 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Who are the old guys? Bonaventura and?

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 24 2017, 11:51 AM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Jack + Gigio + Montolivo . Abate, the other Mino Raiola client, isn't mentioned.

Mostly, Montolivo is pissed he's been benched in favor of Biglia, Jack doesn't like being played out of position, and Gigio is being a brat.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 24 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #20

Primavera
Group Icon

Hmh, I'm not sure what to think. Maybe this goes to far. I know Raiola is a scumbag, but this? I don't know...

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Oct 24 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I don't know if Mino's orchestrating it. Wouldn't surprise me if he weren't passively encouraging it tho.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 24 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #22

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Oct 24 2017, 11:51 AM) *
Jack + Gigio + Montolivo . Abate, the other Mino Raiola client, isn't mentioned.

Mostly, Montolivo is pissed he's been benched in favor of Biglia, Jack doesn't like being played out of position, and Gigio is being a brat.

Where are you reading all this, may I ask?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Let's keep all Chievo talk here

Anyway, I can't really see us winning tomorrow and I don't understand how the management could still hold onto Montella if this goes on any longer. It's just crazy, I can't understand why they're so hesitant to pull the trigger. Are they procrastinating because they can't find a suitable replacement?

I know Sousa has been mentioned a lot and he's definitely not the answer. From the names mentioned, Hiddink is the only one I can think of who can take on a caretaker role and actually turn this into a positive, the rest are probably worse than Montella, but at this point what's needed the most is a change over anything else

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2017, 10:15 AM
Post #24

Donnarumma; Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Calabria, Kessie, Biglia, Borini; Suso, Calhanoglu; Kalinic.

I don't understand why Montella continues with this formation. It's been more than a month, this 3-man defense system clearly isn't working for us. Even in the last two matches he switched to 4 in the back at some point in the game.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 25 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2017, 04:45 PM) *
Donnarumma; Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Calabria, Kessie, Biglia, Borini; Suso, Calhanoglu; Kalinic.

I don't understand why Montella continues with this formation. It's been more than a month, this 3-man defense system clearly isn't working for us. Even in the last two matches he switched to 4 in the back at some point in the game.

The point is switching formations again, just pegs us back to Square 0, from the Square 0.5 we're at now.

I dont' give a f@ck about the formation. Just win this.

I really don't know if Mirabelli is a good SD anymore. On hindsight this plan of 11 new players seems to have been a disaster with a relatively mid-tier coach. Shame! On paper everything seemed set to work.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 25 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

This has to be the game that changes our fortunes, or Montella is as good as gone.

Come on lads!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 25 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 25 2017, 02:10 PM) *
The point is switching formations again, just pegs us back to Square 0, from the Square 0.5 we're at now.

I dont' give a f@ck about the formation. Just win this.

I really don't know if Mirabelli is a good SD anymore. On hindsight this plan of 11 new players seems to have been a disaster with a relatively mid-tier coach. Shame! On paper everything seemed set to work.

What makes you think we're at Square 0.5? We're still at Square 0. Only 1 point in the last 4 games FFS.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 25 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

I'm not sure what to think. We should have already sacked Montella. Today we're most likely get a win and then lose against Juventus the coming weekend. So,...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 25 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 26 2017, 01:04 AM) *
I'm not sure what to think. We should have already sacked Montella. Today we're most likely get a win and then lose against Juventus the coming weekend. So,...

Not sure at all. Chievo are tough. I see a spirited draw or a defeat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 25 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

The only way we can score apparently... Through a Suso long shot

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:56 PM