Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti won’t mirror Leonardo

anano1214
post Mar 24 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,571

Carlo Ancelotti has insisted that he could never betray Milan by one day taking charge of city rivals Inter.

The Chelsea boss has been talked about as a possible Nerazzurri Coach of the future, but he claims he wouldn’t be able to do what Leonardo has done recently.

“If Inter President Massimo Moratti did call me in the future then I would, politely, decline the offer,” he told Italian newspaper Il Giorno.

“I’m a Milan man. I spent 13 years at Milan and for me it is impossible to forget the past. I wouldn’t go to Inter, but I do respect the choices of others.”

Ancelotti represented the Rossoneri as a player and Coach, winning the Scudetto and the Champions League in both roles with the San Siro giants.

Leonardo also represented Milan as a player before spending last season on the Rossoneri bench.

He quit in the summer, but returned to the Serie A scene in December when Inter showed Rafa Benitez the door.

Ancelotti could be back in Italian top-flight football next season though as he may be targeted by Roma if his Stamford Bridge stint comes to an end.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 24 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Re Carlo! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 25 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 558

Wow! They're all turning against leonerd'oh! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Just goes to show what a snake he really is;)

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: Mar 25 2011, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 25 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Didn't Leonardo also spend 13 years at Milan? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 25 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 25 2011, 12:40 PM) *
Didn't Leonardo also spend 13 years at Milan? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Yes. The *******.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 27 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

13 years and still not a true Milanista.

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: Mar 27 2011, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 28 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #7

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Golden Carlo Ancelotti !

+Quote Post

William405
post Mar 28 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I hate this hypothetical talk.Let him get an offer by inter,and then we'll talk about it.
Ps:I was pretty pissed when Leo joined Inter,but only because of some other stuff he said after leaving Milan.

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Mar 28 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

People painting Carlo as the saviour (he is still one of my all time favourites) and Leo as the Devil will do well to remember that Carlo coached Jube prior to his run with us

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 28 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 28 2011, 08:09 PM) *
People painting Carlo as the saviour (he is still one of my all time favourites) and Leo as the Devil will do well to remember that Carlo coached Jube prior to his run with us

The big point that you're missing is that leo actually came out and said "I couldn't manage another team in Italy" and promptly went running to the dark side. As for Carlo, he often spoke of one day managing Roma so that is a totally different story.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 28 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 28 2011, 09:09 PM) *

The key word is prior to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 28 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #12

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 29 2011, 12:36 AM) *
The big point that you're missing is that leo actually came out and said "I couldn't manage another team in Italy" and promptly went running to the dark side. As for Carlo, he often spoke of one day managing Roma so that is a totally different story.

Roma to me is okay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) They are the little kids of Serie A, those who walk on all fours. There are only three big clubs currently, all the other ones have either fallen from grace, or were never that big to start with. And as for Leo, it is okay to point fingers at what he did. And maybe he should not have done it, but you have to put yourself in his shoes and then think: Will you (or anyone else) ever get a chance to coach the top club in world football at the moment and deny that?

It's not the money, it's the recognition that matters. Maybe he will leave/get kicked out at the end of the season in a couple of months time, but he got the necessary exposure. If he had not taken it or the Brazil NT job, then it's back to the drawing board. Managing a Serie B/C club or a similar one in any other league, 5-10 years trying to establish himself, and then any other big offers. That too, maybe, if he had it in him and got a chance to prove himself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) He is not Italian that he may get many chances at this stage or other here in this league, so like I said it was back to Brazil or any other obscure league.

There were people in the Milan management itself who said that they were okay with Leo leaving and coaching inter. To them, they were rival clubs, not enemies, you can dig out the direct quotes. Of course, Berlu and company will make you think otherwise, that is where the $$$ is. This is professional football people, not a WWII theater of war, please. Let's not be melodramatico.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 29 2011, 12:56 AM) *
The key word is prior to.

Yeah, but he was a Milanista and a Romanista as a player, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) That matters not, he did not have any trouble going to Turin even after spending all those years in Milan and winning stuff. And to me Juve is the real enemy, not the pesky turds at inter. Beating down inter we will just be the best club in Milan, the real competition is the big one in Turin. It does not hurt me as much to see inter over take us in terms of Scudetto as seeing us on a standstill and Juve just a few away from a third star.

In any case, these last few years were the perfect opportunity to close the gap on the Zebras. But no, we have to beat the little blue guy (which we failed terribly at), while the black and white one was checking out the weather in Serie B. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) These special signings we made this year, the cash should have been splashed after the 2006 scandal - this way both inter would have been in their place, while we would have caught up with Juve, and who knows maybe won another CL to go with the 3-4 Scudetto trophies.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 28 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 28 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Yeah, but he was a Milanista and a Romanista as a player, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) That matters not, he did not have any trouble going to Turin even after spending all those years in Milan and winning stuff. And to me Juve is the real enemy, not the pesky turds at inter. Beating down inter we will just be the best club in Milan, the real competition is the big one in Turin. It does not hurt me as much to see inter over take us in terms of Scudetto as seeing us on a standstill and Juve just a few away from a third star.

In any case, these last few years were the perfect opportunity to close the gap on the Zebras. But no, we have to beat the little blue guy (which we failed terribly at), while the black and white one was checking out the weather in Serie B. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) These special signings we made this year, the cash should have been splashed after the 2006 scandal - this way both inter would have been in their place, while we would have caught up with Juve, and who knows maybe won another CL to go with the 3-4 Scudetto trophies.

Are you kidding me? Juventus are not the real enemy. They never have been. Sportively, yes. But we've always had good relations with them. They reside in Turin, we reside in Milan. Inter is the real deal. They're like the evil twin, the one you'd never want to be associated with. Training Juventus and training Inter are two completely different things. Besides, Carlo was the coach of a small club like Parma, who was offered the job of Juventus coach. You think he should have turned it down, simply because he spent five years playing for us? Don't be ridiculous.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 28 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #14

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Nevertheless, the sporting person I am, I would readily vote for Juve to be the bigger enemy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Inter-city rivalries are all well and dandy, but in terms of success Juve were our real competitors for quite some time. I do hope we get the 2nd stars on our shirt, before they get the 3rd on theirs. Hopefully the day dawns when I can say that we are THE most successful club in Italy.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 28 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I can't agree with you on that one. To most Milan fans the definition of traitor (when Shevchenko isn't considered) means a player/coach/legend who went to Inter. It does not primarily relate to success and direct competition, it's more of a moral cathegory.

Also, Ancelotti IMO developed a special relationship with Milan more during his coaching years then his playing one. So a jump nowdays to Juve would be a mild shock, but back then, before his Milan term as coach and at the start of his career, where he took over from a Intertotocup placed Juventus...that was hardly considered negative.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:29 PM