> Honda, Keisuke Honda

X-Offender
post Nov 5 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #76

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 4 2014, 11:16 PM) *
Btw, I think you guys are jumping the gun, as usual with this one, so first we all dismiss him, then he's the second coming after a couple of good games, now he's sh!t again.

The problem is that he's stuck on his wing, and there's not much he can do in terms of vision and passing when he's stuck wide and his only options are usually to pass back to Abate or cross himself.

No, no, no, no. Where he plays has got nothing to do with his passing and vision. I've seen him plenty of times in the centre during a game when other players were free, but he didn't have neither the intelligence nor capability to spot them and make the clever pass. He's very limited in that regard. He's a creator, but very average, like Montolivo. And the fact that they're our two most gifted midfielders says A LOT about how far we've fallen from the Pirlo and Seedorf days.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 5 2014, 12:43 AM
Post #77

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

It's frustrating when you lobby for the manager to do something, or for a particular thing to happen, and keep cursing the fact it doesn't, and then it finally does and works out nothing like you hoped.

Honda in the centre is pretty much your incarnation of that, Torres so far has been mine. I truly believed he would turn himself around at Milan, but I'd say he's worse than he was at Chelsea.

I'm also sick of people 'blaming the team' for a player's failures. Milan were fairly strong before we signed Ibra, in terms of the squad, but hadn't won the league for years. Bingo, he brought class with him and elevated the club to a level it simply hadn't been without him. If 'blaming the team' was valid, the team would have dragged him down, not the other way around. Same with Suarez at Liverpool - made a mediocre team absolutely world class, and manages to drag Uruguay pretty much alone.

My point? Class shines everywhere, even if it sometimes takes a little time. Torres is no longer class, he's a washed-up wreck of a player with no confidence. Honda is average - nothing more, nothing less. I even watched him centrally for Japan at Brazil - he wasn't much better.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 6 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #78

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 4 2014, 10:16 PM) *
I thought that was the case when you said that about Honda, I can't stand him in FIFA! So slow and bulky!

So far I'm up to World Class, haven't tried legendary

PS forgot to ask this: YOU PLAY FIFA?!

You've literally never been in the video games thread ever.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 6 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #79

Off Topic is forbidden grounds for Han.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 6 2014, 06:05 PM
Post #80

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 6 2014, 04:54 PM) *
PS forgot to ask this: YOU PLAY FIFA?!

You've literally never been in the video games thread ever.

Yep!

Not really my kind of hang out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 6 2014, 05:48 PM) *
Off Topic is forbidden grounds for Han.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Truth is, I don't really check that section out because I usually see what new posts come up in the Milan threads and don't scroll down that far

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 7 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #81

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 5 2014, 02:09 AM) *
No, no, no, no. Where he plays has got nothing to do with his passing and vision. I've seen him plenty of times in the centre during a game when other players were free, but he didn't have neither the intelligence nor capability to spot them and make the clever pass. He's very limited in that regard. He's a creator, but very average, like Montolivo. And the fact that they're our two most gifted midfielders says A LOT about how far we've fallen from the Pirlo and Seedorf days.

Very rational analysis. +1

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwxMBJmZ-K0

I want this player back! Notice his simple yet effective style of play. Nice touches, quality passing and an overall decent vision. And before someone brings up the quality of the opponent, that barely has anything to do with his playing style. Ever since Seedorf and especially now Pippo relegated him on the wing, he's become a second-rate winger who offers nothing, and tries too hard to be a kind of player he isn't.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 26 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #83

Primavera
Group Icon

One match? Really?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #84

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2014, 11:52 PM) *
One match? Really?

Yes, really.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #85

Primavera
Group Icon

Naah, no thanks. I need some harder proof for that theory. But I agree with you on the basic premises; Pippo shouldn't be so stubborn with his system. Trying out different things and positions shouldn't be that kind of a problem.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #86

You need harder proof? How about the fact that he has played as ACM throughout his entire career? I still stand by my opinion that he's average, but he would offer much more in the center. Or at least he wouldn't be completely useless.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #87

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, he isn't completely useless with us on the right as well. I really don't know, did he play ACM in Holland as well or was a winger back there?

Anyhow, I trust Clarence and his choices. He does understand how a midfield works and surely wouldn't play him out of his soft spot.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 12:21 AM
Post #88

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 12:13 AM) *
Well, he isn't completely useless with us on the right as well. I really don't know, did he play ACM in Holland as well or was a winger back there?

Anyhow, I trust Clarence and his choices. He does understand how a midfield works and surely wouldn't play him out of his soft spot.

Not completely useless? OK, perhaps we have different definitions of what a useless player represents. For me it's someone who has no impact on the game, who offers little to nothing and looks like an outsider on the pitch. Honda ticks all the boxes for me in that regard.

Yes, he played as ACM at Venlo and at CSKA, and has always played as ACM for Japan. He's even played as CM in some occasions. But regardless of that, it's very easy to see that he's out of depth on the wing. At least give him a good run of games as ACM and see what he can offer.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Dec 15 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #89

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Honda: "I expect that it will be a difficult game vs. Roma. I want to play better than I did vs. Napoli, so I need to train well this week."

source: milanello/twitter

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 16 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #90

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 15 2014, 01:18 PM) *
Honda: "I expect that it will be a difficult game vs. Roma. I want to play better than I did vs. Napoli, so I need to train well this week."

source: milanello/twitter

You haven't played well since you arrived, son, 3 games earlier this season aside. We were duped into thinking you were the Second Coming of Christ, but in reality you're a flop.

If we can dupe someone else into paying good money for him to take this waster off our hands, great. I stand by the marketing thing - he's got massive value as a marketing tool, and if we can sell that side of things, of a player who can make a club big in Japan and Asia as a whole, then excellent. But as a player he's just horrible.

He and Torres have been excruciating disappointments. Torres gets '1' for effort, Honda gets '2' for a few nice goals.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:23 PM