> I just want to say...

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

MILAN ARE BACK.

We have just signed Italy's (formerly?) best team's prize defender. A man Allegri called a 'leader of the dressing room' three weeks ago.

This is a statement guys. The biggest we've made in almost a decade. It's one thing trying to big up all the defenders (honest pros most of them) that we had in recent years, Alex, Mexes, Zapata etc - trying to fob off some kind of legitimacy such rubbish had for being in our shirt, quite another signing a player of this quality direct from our rivals and weakening them.

Meanwhile we EVEN GET RID OF MDS AND GET 10M FOR HIM INTO THE BARGAIN!!!!

This has turned into a great window, and while we cannot get too far ahead of ourselves, this is the spending and level of transfer we needed.

We have to already be strong contenders now for Scudetto and UEL. And yes, before Bonucci I wasn't even looking at either. But that for me is an absolutely colossal signing.

Changes everything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 14 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I'm honestly in awe of Fassobelli at the moment. I thought I'd been watching football for just too long and I'm too old to feel 'wonder' anymore, but credit to them they've brought it back to me. I almost feel like a teenager again, watching this team get assembled. And for this if nothing else, I'm grateful.

Man, I love this stupid club and this frickin team! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 14 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2017, 10:25 PM) *
I'm honestly in awe of Fassobelli at the moment. I thought I'd been watching football for just too long and I'm too old to feel 'wonder' anymore, but credit to them they've brought it back to me. I almost feel like a teenager again, watching this team get assembled. And for this if nothing else, I'm grateful.

Man, I love this stupid club and this frickin team! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Well the alternative for you is Newcastle while mine is the equally hopeless Rangers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2017, 07:08 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 14 2017, 09:31 PM) *
MILAN ARE BACK.

We have just signed Italy's (formerly?) best team's prize defender. A man Allegri called a 'leader of the dressing room' three weeks ago.

This is a statement guys. The biggest we've made in almost a decade. It's one thing trying to big up all the defenders (honest pros most of them) that we had in recent years, Alex, Mexes, Zapata etc - trying to fob off some kind of legitimacy such rubbish had for being in our shirt, quite another signing a player of this quality direct from our rivals and weakening them.

Meanwhile we EVEN GET RID OF MDS AND GET 10M FOR HIM INTO THE BARGAIN!!!!

This has turned into a great window, and while we cannot get too far ahead of ourselves, this is the spending and level of transfer we needed.

We have to already be strong contenders now for Scudetto and UEL. And yes, before Bonucci I wasn't even looking at either. But that for me is an absolutely colossal signing.

Changes everything.

Couple of observations;

De Sciglio was not part of the deal, his transfer will be done separately. We'll see what happens but Fassone seems to be standing firm on his 15m valuation of him while Juve want to low ball us.

As for the scudetto, man, it's hard for me to say this, especially after all the great things we've done so far. But I still think that Juve and Napoli are ahead of us, even if we get the marquee striker we're after.

On paper we'll be very close to Napoli, but the fact that this is basically an entirely new side that has to gel and become a team will take some time. I don't see us hitting the ground running in the league tbh which will hinder our chances at top 2.

I still think the objective should be top 4. CL for next season is simply the most important objective for us. And we should aim at that for now.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2017, 10:25 PM) *

True. They have done a simply amazing job. Slightly cautious about how much money is flying out not to mention the huge wage bill we're racking up again, but I have to believe that there is a plan in place to not only cover them but make us profitable as well

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 15 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Haven't heard from Berlusconi and Galliani in a while... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2017, 10:09 AM) *
Haven't heard from Berlusconi and Galliani in a while... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Last time Berlu opened his trap was when Donna rejected the initial contract offer, obviously gloating that had he been in charge he'd have renewed, now it's back to silence.

I wonder what Galliani thinks watching the fans chanting and singing Fassone dedicated songs. Had he had this kind of cash to play with he'd have wasted it on the most obscure signings + spent the entire summer wasting time chasing unrealistic targets like Ronaldo/Messi, only to say we tried, but in the end couldn't prize them away

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 15 2017, 07:08 AM) *
Couple of observations;

De Sciglio was not part of the deal,

Didn't say he was.

is transfer will be done separately. We'll see what happens but Fassone seems to be standing firm on his 15m valuation of him while Juve want to low ball us.

As for the scudetto, man, it's hard for me to say this, especially after all the great things we've done so far. But I still think that Juve and Napoli are ahead of us, even if we get the marquee striker we're after.

I think we've matched Napoli now. I also think we've weakened Juve to an extent that we've closed the gap. The advantage both have is time and experience, as you point out further down.

On paper we'll be very close to Napoli, but the fact that this is basically an entirely new side that has to gel and become a team will take some time. I don't see us hitting the ground running in the league tbh which will hinder our chances at top 2.

I still think the objective should be top 4. CL for next season is simply the most important objective for us. And we should aim at that for now.

I'd still be happy with top four but I think we have to be looking at third minimum with the work we've done.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 15 2017, 12:49 PM) *
Last time Berlu opened his trap was when Donna rejected the initial contract offer, obviously gloating that had he been in charge he'd have renewed, now it's back to silence.

I wonder what Galliani thinks watching the fans chanting and singing Fassone dedicated songs. Had he had this kind of cash to play with he'd have wasted it on the most obscure signings + spent the entire summer wasting time chasing unrealistic targets like Ronaldo/Messi, only to say we tried, but in the end couldn't prize them away

Not all perfect - we appear to be spunking away 80M on Silva and Sanches. But we have spent the other portion well on the Musacchios, Bonuccis, Calhanoglu etc.

For me Silva and Sanches are Galliani calibre signings. Spending too much on dross.

And yes, I stand by my opinion on Silva. Only he can change that.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 15 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #9

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

...and I doubt Silva will change your opinion really quickly. He's 21 years old and yet to play in Serie A. It's one of the harder leagues for new strikers to play in. I think Silva is a purchase for the long run, and much like Dzeko is going to take some time to come good.

My only reason to have a new striker is that it would take some load off Andre Silva, and he won't be forced to be the sole goal scoring threat for us.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 15 2017, 03:40 PM) *
...and I doubt Silva will change your opinion really quickly. He's 21 years old and yet to play in Serie A. It's one of the harder leagues for new strikers to play in. I think Silva is a purchase for the long run, and much like Dzeko is going to take some time to come good.

Dzeko had a resume behind him through. An experienced striker who had done it in quite a few leagues including Germany and to a lesser extent in England - plus he had dozens of caps for his country with an over 1 in two scoring rate. Silva is a completely untested quantity and it's a 35M gamble IMO. A lot to pay for a young striker with little pedigree.

My only reason to have a new striker is that it would take some load off Andre Silva, and he won't be forced to be the sole goal scoring threat for us.

He's not good enough to be a goal scoring threat, regardless of any extra striker.

I know I sound like a hate club against Silva, I am really not. I am just looking at quality like Kessie, like Bonucci, like Cahanoglu and Conti - and these are players I admire and all of whom impress. But Silva doesn't. He hasn't. And he's our joint most expensive signing.

Hopefully I get proven wrong, and I can look back and say how silly I was to doubt him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2017, 02:16 PM) *
Not all perfect - we appear to be spunking away 80M on Silva and Sanches. But we have spent the other portion well on the Musacchios, Bonuccis, Calhanoglu etc.

For me Silva and Sanches are Galliani calibre signings. Spending too much on dross.

And yes, I stand by my opinion on Silva. Only he can change that.

Galliani wouldn't have had the foresight to sign Silva even if it hit him straight between his eyes.

You're basing all your opinions on Silva on pretty much nothing. Can you please at least have an open mind with regards to him? Because it sounds like you've already made up your mind and I don't understand how...

Sanches imo is still a long way away and I don't think we'll get him in the end, so let's not jump off the deep end, I personally like him and think he has a lot of potential but the number quoted is too much

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 15 2017, 04:11 PM) *
Galliani wouldn't have had the foresight to sign Silva even if it hit him straight between his eyes.

You're basing all your opinions on Silva on pretty much nothing. Can you please at least have an open mind with regards to him? Because it sounds like you've already made up your mind and I don't understand how...

What I saw and what I've read. No, I don't have an open mind on this. It's nonsense to be open minded when it comes to football - I've entirely changed my philosophy on it. If I like a player, great. If not, it's down to him to prove me wrong.

Why exactly SHOULD I have an open mind to him? I think he's a bad signing. I will support him and hope him to be a great one and me wrong, but I don't see any more why my opinion should be held on ice.

For me Silva doesn't do anything Suso doesn't. Same scoring rate roughly, same role in the team. Admittedly Suso is more of a winger, but essentially both fulfil that same support role. And up front is where we need a goalscorer. And amusingly I'd rate Suso considerably above Silva given he's done it in Italy, regardless of how consistently.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 15 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #13

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

The problem is that you're making a judgement about someone you know nothing about. What do you know about Andre Silva and his career so far? How many times have you seen him play? Do you even know the kind of player he is? Because you say he fulfills a support role but the guy is a pure striker. Played the only striker in Porto's 4-3-3 and is supported by Ronaldo in Portugal's 4-4-2.

His stats last season were pretty solid as well: 21 goals in 42 official games, of which 5 goals in 10 Champions League matches.

So, exactly what are you basing your opinion on? Oh wait, the Confed Cup. Sorry, but anyone who heard you say that would roll their eyes.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 15 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2017, 10:23 PM) *
The problem is that you're making a judgement about someone you know nothing about. What do you know about Andre Silva and his career so far? How many times have you seen him play? Do you even know the kind of player he is? Because you say he fulfills a support role but the guy is a pure striker. Played the only striker in Porto's 4-3-3 and is supported by Ronaldo in Portugal's 4-4-2.

His stats last season were pretty solid as well: 21 goals in 42 official games, of which 5 goals in 10 Champions League matches.

So, exactly what are you basing your opinion on? Oh wait, the Confed Cup. Sorry, but anyone who heard you say that would roll their eyes.

Why are you not having a go at Han for praising him re: his performances in the Confed Cup?

PS: I am basing my opinion on his career stats, his age, the league he was in, and the position he plays. Incidentally you're contradicting everyone else with your assessment in this post.

What exactly is your issue with the Confed Cup anyway? The only team who weren't at full strength were Germany!

PPS: why are you so angry I don't agree with you?

I feel like I'm being made out to be wrong, a w*nker and an ars*hole just because I don't rate Silva.

This post has been edited by Danny: Jul 15 2017, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 16 2017, 07:27 AM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 15 2017, 11:25 PM) *
Why are you not having a go at Han for praising him re: his performances in the Confed Cup?

PS: I am basing my opinion on his career stats, his age, the league he was in, and the position he plays. Incidentally you're contradicting everyone else with your assessment in this post.

What exactly is your issue with the Confed Cup anyway? The only team who weren't at full strength were Germany!

PPS: why are you so angry I don't agree with you?

I feel like I'm being made out to be wrong, a w*nker and an ars*hole just because I don't rate Silva.

First off, I only praised his group games (the 2 I actually saw) where he scored and assisted in the game he started.

But again, how can you make an assessment, especially one as conclusive as yours, when you haven't really watched him play? Confed cup aside, I tend to not judge players too much on what they do with their country as club football is a completely different animal.

Also, no one is trying to make you out to be anything, but I just don't get how you can be so conclusive about something you have no real grasp on aside from checking out a few stats. Heck, I'm personally even keeping an open mind about Borini and we've all actually SEEN how much he's sucked in the EPL over the last few years.

And maybe I'm making a big deal out of this because I personally think you're being way too harsh on someone who hasn't even trained with the team yet, let alone have something you can actually criticise him on for while wearing our colours

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:44 PM