Linkman
post Dec 16 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #31

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Dec 15 2010, 05:28 PM) *
Why thank you!

+1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) to you for the welcome.

If you keep handing those cookies away there'll be none left for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Dec 16 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

No, no cookies for you!

Some frango piripiri, perhaps....

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Dec 16 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 11:04 AM) *
Seedorf and Pirlo have played behind an AM (that was a lot more attack minded might I add) for the majority of their careers, it's not that much outside the realm of possibilities. Also, Strasser has been playing good? When? In the 35 odd minutes he put in against Bologna when the game was already done?

Yes Seedorf might make mistakes but that is less likely to happen then Strasser.

And yes, I am someone who wants to see the kids playing, but not in such a high stakes match. Coppa games? Sure, Meaningless CL game? Sure. Allegri had that opportunity against Ajax and didn't play him then and that game didn't mean anything, what makes you think he'll risk playing him against Roma?

Han I definitely understand why you are skeptical of Strasser's quality to start but at a certain point you have to give the kid a shot. If he got to play in a Coppa game and did well then you would just say "oh its only a Coppa game hes not ready." This is a perfect opportunity to see how good he really is at this point. Obviously I'd rather have Flamini playing but I have more confidence in Strasser to play that position than Seedorf. Strasser at least has the right skill set and can handle the running the game will require to combat Romas mids. Seedorf hardly ever runs. Either he is no longer capable or no longer cares. Id like to think its the first but he tries to compensate by good positioning. Thats not the kind of player I want in the mid for that game. He will leave way to much space for Roma.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 16 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Linkman @ Dec 16 2010, 12:58 AM) *
If you keep handing those cookies away there'll be none left for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Ahem...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 16 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

It's what Filippo says, there is a reason as to why these kids are not played on a regular basis, I never agreed with him when he applied that theory to Flamini because we all saw what he could do with another top team, but all of our Primavera kids have yet to prove themselves, sure Stasser did well against Bologna, but come on! It's certainly not enough of a basis for having him play against Roma.

There's a difference in young players and players with more experience. But...what we all saw was a very good Flamini in the French league and the EPL. He did need much time do adapt, and played rather humble when put in. He has a problem, that certain problem every French player has at Milan, well, except of Desailly.

Yes, they need to prove themselves, but you won't let Strasser do that. You rather play someone out of position, ruining the current well working tactics, so that some experienced dude can play, even though Strasser is giving away good signs. What a beautiful trust! What basis? We need to field the best team, not the best players.

You totally overreact! I mean, Seedorf won't ruin the tactics totally, it's not like we play Amelia as a RM. And also, Seedorf is one of the most adaptable midfielders I've ever seen, so I don't think it would be that kind of a problem.

All I say is we should not push Strasser in fire because the risk is to big. We're not Ajax or a club that has dozens of teenagers and pushes them in one after another, and when one fails big time, there's no big deal.

I mean "give youth a chance" is just a thing you say, but one should really think and then act.
And yes, since you mentioned me explicitly, I don't have faith in the youth we have right now. I did not have faith in Willy A., Marzorati, Darmain, Merkel and all the others...
Strasser is maybe the only player, beside Paloschi I really belive can make something. But not now and not against a team like Roma.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 16 2010, 02:12 AM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Dec 16 2010, 02:08 AM) *
No, no cookies for you!

Some frango piripiri, perhaps....

Oh, and welcome back, it's very good to see you here again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Dec 16 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/sncm4n.jpg)

From the CRA to Locke.

EDIT: Good to see you too, Fillipo.

+5 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) to Nikolina. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Fishdoll: Dec 16 2010, 02:41 AM

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Dec 16 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #38

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Strasser playing from minute 1 against Roma? highly unlikely. Why? I don't think he's ready yet, not just because of the opposition but the importance of this game. Seedorf is no defensive player but he knows how to hold on to the ball and make the smart pass instead of one that would put us under pressure, something that Strasser is still very green at. Just because Strasser has the DM title does not mean that he should automatically step in for Rino, simply because if he can't get into the game he will do more harm then good.

Everyone is giving Seedorf wayyyy too much credit... this guy WAS a great player in the past. Right now he is a player playing way past his retirement.

To the bolded part in the quote.. Seedorf loses the ball more than anyone in the team and puts our defense under pressure all the time. So yes he used to have good ball retention, he does not any more because he is too slow.
The only other player that gives the ball away more than him is Gatusso and him losing the ball also puts our defense under pressure.

So my question is... What can Strasser possibly do that will put our defense under pressure more than the two players mentioned above.
My vote is for him to start, because the further away from the pitch Seedorf is, the better it is for the team IMO.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 16 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are both Lobont and Sergio out for our game? Is Doni avaible to the club, I mean, this whole situation is ridiculous with him...

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Dec 16 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Yup, Doni's in Gazzetta's projected starting XI for Roma.

Vucinic is also out for Roma.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Dec 16 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #41

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Seems like Rino recovered and a had a full training so problem solved.

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=41047

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 16 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #42

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

I have no problem with Gattuso playing this one,he played very well against Bologna.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 16 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

phew, saved me all the typing I would have had to do...

+Quote Post

samira
post Dec 16 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

Lovely, so Vucinic can come in at 75th minute and save the day for Roma (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Let's celebrate Milans 111th birthday by winning, on Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 16 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #45

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Ibra said we will win,then we shall win!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:33 PM