Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 17 - Milan - Roma, Date: 18/12/10 Time: 20:45 CET

William405
post Dec 14 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #16

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Yeah,I agree with Chu-Lip.For Strasser,if Strasser plays well in this match then that will be a huge step in his career.If he fails,then he'll learn from it and work harder.But,I don't think he will fail.Imo,his failure won't affect us big time anyway,he'll be playing in the center of the field,and his defensive capabilities and energy will be needed in this match,after all Roma has a strong midfeild,and I don't think Ambro-Pirlo-Seedorf would be able to keep up with likes of Menez and De Rossi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 14 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 14 2010, 05:47 PM) *
They aren't the same as they used to be. Especially not Seedorf, and you know that!

It's not like it's been a decade since we last saw them playing together with an AM. Last season we saw that a lot and we won more then one game playing that system.

Sure Seedorf is not the same, but if we play a smart passing game then he doesn't have to run non stop for the entire game. Having possesson means that we're not the ones chasing the ball, thus players aren't getting tired a lot faster. You put a lot of importance on the DMs, when we were playing with 3 which was overkill you said that it was a great system, even though we were barely winning the games. Now Pirlo has been placed for one of those DMs and we're really starting to play some football. Do you see any other top team in Europe play with more then one conventional DM? Simple answer is no.

You can't know that. You can be very easily wrong at this.

Sure, but I'm pretty certain that the odds are more in my favour then yours. Simply because Strasser's chances of making a huge mistake are higher then Seedorf.

You like to see kids play, but you don't have fully faith in them. Else you would trust Strasser also with these kind of matches when no better solution is available. Starting against Roma, then Strasser really will develop.

It's what Filippo says, there is a reason as to why these kids are not played on a regular basis, I never agreed with him when he applied that theory to Flamini because we all saw what he could do with another top team, but all of our Primavera kids have yet to prove themselves, sure Stasser did well against Bologna, but come on! It's certainly not enough of a basis for having him play against Roma.

All this talk of having the kids play shows how Milan fans are desperate to have a break out from the Primavera, but pushing him in this one is not the answer.

Also, go back to the topic started in the poll section, and you can see that I was one of the few who voted for Strasser instead of Merkel. I have faith in him the most, and logically speaking he's the only one who looks even remotely ready to take the next step, but the Roma game shouldn't be the time for that step.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 14 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 11:40 PM) *
It's not like it's been a decade since we last saw them playing together with an AM. Last season we saw that a lot and we won more then one game playing that system.

Sure Seedorf is not the same, but if we play a smart passing game then he doesn't have to run non stop for the entire game. Having possesson means that we're not the ones chasing the ball, thus players aren't getting tired a lot faster. You put a lot of importance on the DMs, when we were playing with 3 which was overkill you said that it was a great system, even though we were barely winning the games. Now Pirlo has been placed for one of those DMs and we're really starting to play some football. Do you see any other top team in Europe play with more then one conventional DM? Simple answer is no.

But the formation was completely different. It was a 4-3-1-2 becoming a 4-4-1-1 when defending and a 4-2-2-2 when attacking.

Pirlo's position was as Allegri said a mezz'ala. No longer in the middle 3. In a double pivot alongside Ambro, I really want to try Strasser out. We can always sub him out if things look bad. Benefit of being 3 points ahead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

samira
post Dec 14 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

Rino’s injury changes Massimiliano Allegri’s tactics as since he doesn’t have Mathieu Flamini at his disposal, he will have to use Kevin-Prince Boateng as a central midfielder, leaving Clarence Seedorf or Ronaldinho behind the strikers.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Dec 14 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (samira @ Dec 14 2010, 12:55 PM) *
Rino’s injury changes Massimiliano Allegri’s tactics as since he doesn’t have Mathieu Flamini at his disposal, he will have to use Kevin-Prince Boateng as a central midfielder, leaving Clarence Seedorf or Ronaldinho behind the strikers.

Or he can grow some bo llocks and play strasser (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 14 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 14 2010, 07:23 PM) *
But the formation was completely different. It was a 4-3-1-2 becoming a 4-4-1-1 when defending and a 4-2-2-2 when attacking.

Pirlo's position was as Allegri said a mezz'ala. No longer in the middle 3. In a double pivot alongside Ambro, I really want to try Strasser out. We can always sub him out if things look bad. Benefit of being 3 points ahead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I agree with that assesment, but the likelyhood of us seeing Strasser from the start is very slim, and I tend to agree with that.

When we're defending we'll sill see a 4-4-1-1, Boateng, Pirlo and Seedorf will have to pull their weight as well, something that they had to do a lot last season under Leo, it's not something foreign to them that they cannot do.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Dec 14 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

This match will truly prove if we are Ibra dependant or not. Ranieri will most likely man mark him and then add extra pressure meaning there will always be 2 guys on him.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Dec 14 2010, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #23

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (samira @ Dec 14 2010, 07:55 PM) *

Why was Ronaldinho mentioned? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 15 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 14 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Yeah, I remember that midfield of last season. We beat weak opponents with it, but got humilated by strong opponents. Roma are not weak.
What do you care about other teams? It matters what works for Milan. This season we played our best with 2 defensive midfielders. Strasser can do more than just defending by the way. He's a decent passer. First you need to conquer the ball to retain possession. You need players like Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini and Strasser for that.
Sure, but I'm pretty certain that the odds are more in my favour then yours. Simply because Strasser's chances of making a huge mistake are higher then Seedorf.
Yeah, because Seedorf is such an awesome defender.
It's what Filippo says, there is a reason as to why these kids are not played on a regular basis, I never agreed with him when he applied that theory to Flamini because we all saw what he could do with another top team, but all of our Primavera kids have yet to prove themselves, sure Stasser did well against Bologna, but come on! It's certainly not enough of a basis for having him play against Roma.
Yes, they need to prove themselves, but you won't let Strasser do that. You rather play someone out of position, ruining the current well working tactics, so that some experienced dude can play, even though Strasser is giving away good signs. What a beautiful trust! What basis? We need to field the best team, not the best players.
All this talk of having the kids play shows how Milan fans are desperate to have a break out from the Primavera, but pushing him in this one is not the answer.
Pushing? What? First we complain we want to see them play. Then Strasser finally plays, didn't fcuk up, Gattuso and Flamini are injured, so he is the next in order to play, and you won't let him? Playing him is not pushing him, but not playing him is holding him back, and put a rope on him.
Also, go back to the topic started in the poll section, and you can see that I was one of the few who voted for Strasser instead of Merkel. I have faith in him the most, and logically speaking he's the only one who looks even remotely ready to take the next step, but the Roma game shouldn't be the time for that step.
Do you think never a youth player has preformed well in such game? Because they have. Millions of youth players with even lesser experience than Strasser, and in tougher + more pressured matches, have started a game, and played well. It isn't about when it's time for his steps, it matters who we can use the most from our available players in the next game. And that sir, is Rodney Strasser.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 15 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Your entire argument is based on less then 40 minutes from Strasser in a game which we had already won.

Also, it's not my decision to make but I'm pretty sure Allegri won't start Strasser, all I said is that I agree with him on that

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Dec 15 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

It's not all based on just 40 minutes. It wasn't his first time playing first team. Like you agreed with, Strasser is the youth player who looks most ready for first team. So what is holding you back? He is our best/last fit when Gattuso can't start, Seedorf is not. We need Seedorf when Pirlo or Boateng can't play, not when Gattuso can't play.

Didn't Allegri said Strasser might start if Gattuso can't? Haven't I posted something like that? Still you're pretty sure he won't? And you already agree with him on something you can't know? How many things there are you already know you don't/can't know?

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Dec 15 2010, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post

samira
post Dec 15 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2010, 10:15 PM) *
Why was Ronaldinho mentioned? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

haha, I don't really know but if he would be playing it would be behind the strikers so it doesn't matter if I mention him at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Dec 15 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Nice to see some things haven't changed here.

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 15 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #29

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Fishdoll! Welcome back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Dec 15 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Why thank you!

+1 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cookie.gif) to you for the welcome.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:56 AM