Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Chievo - Milan

Serie A - Week 8 - 2006/2007

Wednesday 25th October 2006

Time: 20:30 (Italian time) 19:30 (UK time)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 18 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think this will be a low scorer. Gimme some backdrop about Chievo anyone.
Puhleeze.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 18 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 18 2006, 09:32 PM)
I think this will be a low scorer. Gimme some backdrop about Chievo anyone.
Puhleeze.

Semioli is all you need to know, I'm a kill myself if we don't win this one !!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 18 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Oh him...Donadoni's folly! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Oct 23 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #5

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

i see cheivo drew agianst roma away from home so it's not going to be so easy for us to win with our current form but i'll go with 1 - 0 our way.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 23 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 23 2006, 02:58 AM)
i see cheivo drew agianst roma away from home so it's not going to be so easy for us  to win with our current form but i'll go with 1 - 0 our way.

It is hard to think that we will get the result ..

But the game against Palermo .. Is quite similar to that of Liverpool ..

I mean we dominated the first half, we had possesion, we had the chances, our strikers were moving well, our MDfield were in control, our defence was a brick wall, and Dida was Dida ... But the second half, the minute that Nesta made the mistake (thought Cafu was marking Marco Breciano .. So left the ball roll into Dida's path .. Then 0-1) .. Milan played with even more vigour even more determination, while Palermo tryed to gain ground they failed time and time again .. Then their second goal came, and it was all over .. The score isn't similar to the 3-3 Final; but the temper and agony was ..

Therefore, I expect Milan to act as they should .. I expect Milan to play faster and with vigour from the start with an eye for goal !

I hope we get that result and build on it, while something inside of me says forget it .. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 23 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 347

Don't know. After this performance at home vs. Palermo, it's kind hard to predict something.

I hope a win before the derby. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 24 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure of one thing! Milan will not score! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 24 2006, 05:53 AM)
I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure of one thing! Milan will not score! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

The only reason I can see why we won't score in this game is if Carlo keeps insisting on Gila and Pippo playing together. Again Sunday's display from the both of them keeps making it as loud and clear as it should be but I can't understand why Carlo keeps insosting on it, I think he's afraid to risk Oli with Gila because there is a big chance of none of them scoring, but since Pippo isn't scoring either then he should try and go for it.

On Sunday all they did was get in each other's way, Pippo kept going offside, it was painful to see

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 24 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

I can't see us scoring even if Oli starts so it'll be either a draw or a loss unless Kaka' goes loony again and strikes a miracle ... we'll hopefully get the point if our defence step up again to their usual selves !

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:02 PM)
Again Sunday's display from the both of them keeps making it as loud and clear as it should be but I can't understand why Carlo keeps insosting on it, I think he's afraid to risk Oli with Gila because there is a big chance of none of them scoring, but since Pippo isn't scoring either then he should try and go for it.

there must some reason ... I don't think we can see more than Carlo, he knows them two cannot play together but something's holding him back, not to put Oliveira on !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 12:54 PM)
I can't see us scoring even if Oli starts so it'll be either a draw or a loss unless Kaka' goes loony again and strikes a miracle ... we'll hopefully get the point if our defence step up again to their usual selves !

But if oliveira was on at least there would be more space for Kaka to move around, with both Gila and Pippo, everthing is conjested in the middle, and with defenders double-teaming Kaka and our box-strikers aimlessly waiting for the ball to come to their feet, it will be MUCH more harder for us to score. At least with Oli some flow and pace is injected into our play.

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 12:54 PM)

there must some reason ... I don't think we can see more than Carlo, he knows them two cannot play together but something's holding him back, not to put Oliveira on !!  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I think Carlo is afraid to put him on, especially with Gila, because there is a much higher risk of not scoring, where-as if he keeps both Gila and Pippo there is still a chance of a goal to come from set-pieces, like in the Palermo match, even if it got disallowed.

I hope Carlo heard what Gila had to say, we can't keep going on like this. Oli needs to be played the much more games he plays the faster he'll integrate with the team

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 24 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #12

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:10 PM)
At least with Oli some flow and pace is injected into our play.

It makes a difference yeah but is it enough; I want goals "injected" not just flow !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
The problem is that there's only Kaka' to create .. Pirlo is good at defence so far but has not created much apart from that amazing lob for Janku's goal and Seedorf ... well I won't comment. I think we should change back to the Xtree as we created more chances than we have lately ... I know Lille did not play the fabulous 10-0-0 but even Seedorf looked like he enjoyed his game for once !!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:10 PM)
I think Carlo is afraid to put him on, especially with Gila, because there is a much higher risk of not scoring, where-as if he keeps both Gila and Pippo there is still a chance of a goal to come from set-pieces, like in the Palermo match, even if it got disallowed.

I don't think that's what it is ... maybe in the beginning of this goal draught but now ?? What's he got to lose, disallowed goals ?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) There must be something else !!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 24 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
It makes a difference yeah but is it enough; I want goals "injected" not just flow !!  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
The problem is that there's only Kaka' to create .. Pirlo is good at defence so far but has not created much apart from that amazing lob for Janku's goal and Seedorf ... well I won't comment. I think we should change back to the Xtree as we created more chances than we have lately ... I know Lille did not play the fabulous 10-0-0 but even Seedorf looked like he enjoyed his game for once !!

Yeah I think we can try the xmas tree but with Oli as the lone striker. It still doesn't work with Gila or Pippo, we kept firing blanks, but I don't think Carlo would try it after the Kaka comments, because the media would see that as some sort of sign of retaliation from Carlo against Kaka. And I don't think the team needs anymore pressure right now

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
I don't think that's what it is ... maybe in the beginning of this goal draught but now ?? What's he got to lose, disallowed goals ??  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)   There must be something else !!

Yeah, that's a good point, but I can't think of any logical explenation of why he won't give Oli a full game

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 24 2006, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 24 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #14

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Milan will be extra motivated after a Palermo game so I think they will play better then usual.
2:0 (Pirlo, kaka)

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 24 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Chievo - Milan

Gigi Del Neri will be looking to continue his positive return to the Chievo hot seat, but can expect another tough test when Milan visit the Stadio Bentegodi determined to get back on track after a shock defeat at the hands of Palermo.

Last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico ended the run of four consecutive defeats that cost Bepi Pillon his job and gave the Clivensi faithful hope that the Flying Donkeys may only be temporarily grounded. While the Veronese minnows are bottom of the sides not facing a Calciopoli handicap and will be outsiders to wrestle a point from their more illustrious opponents, they upset the Rossoneri last term and may make life difficult for a side struggling to get out of first gear.

The pressure is mounting on Milan. Last weekend’s defeat at home to Palermo ended a 23-game unbeaten home record and has left Carlo Ancelotti’s men 11 points behind their city rivals. With the crucial derby looming at the weekend, a win here is also essential to boost the Diavolo’s fragile confidence. The Rossoneri know that they need at least four points from the fortnight if they are to keep the boo-boys at bay. One man who will be feeling extra pressure is Alberto Gilardino. The Azzurri hitman’s sluggish start to the season has certainly not gone unnoticed and has been a key factor in Milan’s costly goal drought.

The hosts continue to suffer from a shortage of defensive options. Marco Malagò has a left thigh problem and is joined on the sidelines by Andrea Mantovani – who limped off against Roma with a muscular complaint – while Giuseppe Scurto is still out of action. It remains to be seen whether Del Neri will stick with Vincenzo Sicignano in goal after the ex-Lecce man impressed against Roma or whether Lorenzo Squizzi will get the nod. Nigerian striking prodigy Victor Obinna remains banned from football until December due to his illegal transfer to the club.

A weakened Milan side makes the journey east. Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli and French youngster Yoann Gourcuff are all injured. Alessandro Nesta, Andrea Pirlo and Pippo Inzaghi may be left on the bench, handing Christian Brocchi and Ricardo Olivera places in the starting line-up. Daniele Bonera returns from suspension.

Man on fire: Sergio Pellissier (Chievo) – In a season where everything has gone wrong for the Ceo, the ex-Torino marksman knows where the goal is and netted a third – albeit dubious – goal against Roma last weekend.

Last season: Chievo 2-1 Milan

Form guide: Chievo (L L L L D) Milan (W D D D L)

Chievo (probable): Squizzi; Moro, Mandelli, D’Anna, Lanna; Luciano, Brighi, Zanchetta, Sammarco, Semioli; Pellissier

Milan (probable): Dida; Bonera, Maldini, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Brocchi, Seedorf, Kaka; Gilardino, Oliveira

Ref: Rizzoli
Football Italia

+Quote Post

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:13 AM