Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flamini, Mathieu Flamini

Bluesummers
post May 5 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

First signing of our summer. I think he needs a thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Habitant
post May 5 2008, 07:31 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

it's not offcial yet but it sounds like it's imminent.

great signing.

hopefully brocchi and emerson are out.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post May 5 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Habitant @ May 5 2008, 12:31 AM)
it's not offcial yet but it sounds like it's imminent.

great signing.

hopefully brocchi and emerson are out.

dont dream.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 5 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I don't really think our squad is big enough to let people off. I'd keep Emerson and Brocchi,especially with our famed luck when it comes to injuries to key players.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 5 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Get rid of Brocchi, keep Emerson. Rino, Ambro, Flamini and Emerson is enough for DMs.

+Quote Post

Guest_fresh_prince7_*
post May 5 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Guests

Flamini close to Milan - Monday 5 May, 2008

Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is set to be unveiled as a Milan player after completing his medical in Italy.

The Frenchman is expected to put pen to paper on a four-year Rossoneri contract worth around £3m per season after rejecting offers from both Juventus and the Gunners.

“I am really happy, thanks to everyone,” he told the waiting Press outside Milanello as he completed the final details of his free transfer.

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri are still enjoying their win over Inter in the Derby della Madonnina.

They are now inches away from Champions League qualification, which would mean a big boost for their hopes in the summer transfer market.

“We are happy because it is all up to us now, but there are still two difficult games against Napoli and Udinese,” claimed Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

“Winning the derby is not like winning the Scudetto, but this is worth a top-four finish for us.

“I don't think the campionato has been re-opened by Roma. The Giallorossi are flying high but they dropped points against Livorno and I can't see Inter failing to beat Siena.”

Galliani also commented on Filippo Inzaghi, who has been in great form recently and scored the opener against Inter, although he may not be called upon for Euro 2008.

“I have great respect for Coach Roberto Donadoni and he will make up his mind. It Is true though that Pippo has scored nine in the last five games,” he concluded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So 5 defensive midfielders.. at least were covered in that area.

+Quote Post

Devillito
post May 5 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,612

QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ May 5 2008, 09:21 PM)
So 5 defensive midfielders.. at least were covered in that area.

We are over-covered in that area (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
But still its a good addition, and i hope his
arrival means Brocchi and Emerson will leave.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 5 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 5 2008, 11:51 AM)
Get rid of Emerson, keep Brocchi. Rino, Ambro, Flamini and Brocchi is enough for DMs.

Fixed

I would prefer it if we got another DM to replace Brocchi, then we would be set (for DM's anyway)

Still need LB CB ST GK AM reinforcements

EDIT:

Here he is with Braida, confirmation will be later today

(IMG:http://images.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2008/05/05/0K0DZFHG--346x212.jpg)

This post has been edited by whoarethepatriots: May 5 2008, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 5 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Calcio Debate: Fla-Money - A Great Signing For Milan

Mathieu Flamini will almost certainly sign for Milan today. Carlo Garganese believes this could prove to be the best transfer of the summer in Serie A…

When Ashley Cole left Arsenal in 2006 for a lucrative contract at Chelsea, he was dubbed, by some sections of the British media, as “Cashley Cole”. I can bet my house, once the exact figures of Mathieu Flamini’s Milan contract are released, that the first label that the Frenchman will be given is “Fla-money”. [(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) funny one, but he remains a great signing]

Regardless of this, no one can doubt that, regardless of the wages they are paying the Frenchman, Milan have pulled off a superb coup, especially when you consider they are not paying a transfer fee.

The 2-1 win over Inter yesterday proved conclusively that Milan do not need a revolution this summer, they simply need a few tweaks, which in turn could make them a real force in Italy and Europe next term.

The main reason for their struggles this season has simply been a lack of alternatives in their squad. When everyone is fully fit and in form, as was the case yesterday, Milan can be irresistible.

However, all around the field, there are no adequate substitutes, be it in defence, midfield or attack. At stages of the campaign the likes of Rino Gattuso, Clarence Seedorf, Kaka, Ronaldo and Pippo Inzaghi, have all had extended spells on the sidelines, while Andrea Pirlo has struggled with fatigue due to overuse. The likes of Christian Brocchi, Emerson, Yoann Gourcuff and Alberto Gilardino are simply not good enough replacements.

Next season, Flamini will help to provide another option in midfield, and what an option he will be. The Frenchman has developed into one of Europe’s finest defensive midfielders. Brave, fiercely competitive, and strong in the tackle, his style of play is eerily similar to that of Gattuso, and there is no doubt that he will be the hardman’s long-term successor.

Flamini also possesses excellent tactical and mental attributes. His positioning is good, he knows how to close up the space between defence and midfield, and in this sense he is tailor-made for the style of Serie A. In fact his father is Italian, and he has relatives in Rome, so you would expect him to understand the culture well.

At the age of 24, Flamini has his whole career ahead of him, which is also relevant given the fact that many of Milan’s players are over or approaching 30 years-of-age. He will add some youthful exuberance to an experienced team, just what is required given the number of flat performances this term.

For those who say that he cannot co-exist with Gattuso, I would strongly disagree. The players may be similar, but Milan’s formation, be it 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 is flexible in allowing up to three centre midfielders to play in the same team, and furthermore I am certain that the ex-Marseille man is not a one-dimensional anchor man. He can take on a number of roles.

Having said this, the signing of Flamini will not be enough for Milan. Certainly the club needs to find some more alternatives, particularly at left back, centre forward, and in the attacking midfield position. A top quality goalkeeper will also be required, but perhaps this should be last in the line of priorities.

The capture of Flamini is a stunning signal of intent on the part of Milan, and providing Adriano Galliani continues his summer transfer work the way he has started it, next season could be a very fruitful one for the Rossoneri.

What are your views on this topic? Do you think the signing of Flamini is a good one for Milan? Will his purchase be enough, or do Milan need to strengthen other areas of the squad too? If so, where? Goal.com wants to know what YOU think…

Carlo Garganese

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 5 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

i totaly agree with this goal.com article

+Quote Post

nuh
post May 5 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

flamini is such a gr8 sigining cuz he can play from lb/dmc/mc and he is for free

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 5 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

It's official.

MILANO - L'A.C. Milan comunica di aver stipulato un contratto che legherà il calciatore francese Mathieu Flamini alla società rossonera dal 1 luglio 2008 al 30 giugno 2012.

(Milan announces a 4 year contract with Mathieu Flamini). (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 5 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 5 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

god start to our transfer season hope we buy good player like him... mest of luck to flamini

+Quote Post

m1ke
post May 5 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome Mathieu (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) Good luck in the Red & Black.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM