4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coppa Italia 17/18 - All Matches - Milan - Juventus, Date: 31/01/2018 Time: 21:00 CET

han2503
post May 9 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Final about to start in 15 minutes guys
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post May 9 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #32

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Forzaaa milannnn

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Another mistake from Donna from a long ranger, this is what I mean about him

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Donna diabolical at this point

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I don't mean to be harsh on the kid, but if you're going to extort your club for huge amounts of money and make your agent issue threats at every turn, you better back that up with half decent performances FFS

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 9 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #36

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Yeah, I agree, I think Donna has more potential than any other young gk in the world and it isn't even close but before all of the Raiola nonsense, he could do no wrong. I would rather have a cheaper gk (Perin) and use the money we could get from his sale to build up the rest of the team.

When he only loved Milan and didn't care about the money poor performances by him were something you deal with. Now that things are different, I feel like the patience is less. He is getting paid to play really well he needs to show it. Even if he was getting paid this much but he was our hero, and he actually loved the team it was all easier to swallow. I have readied myself for the time that he wears a different shirt and all I can really see in him now is ~80 Million that could be used elsewhere.

That being said he has been quiet recently, done his job and before today been a star gk for the past few weeks.

As for the first goal, there were two clear fouls in the box. The ref completely ignored them, and when Bona was counterattacking right before that another clear foul was ignored. Hard to blame the ref, but Juve will never get the benefit of the doubt and decisions and performances like this where they are "helped" will only perpetuate the narrative.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

And Kalinic Finally scores... Into our own net (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm afraid this game will completely kill off our last bit of impetus and we'll lose our last 2 games in the league as well. This has been brutal, and we haven't even played bad. All goals coming off terrible individual errors aside from the first one

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (maldini03 @ May 9 2018, 09:38 PM) *
Yeah, I agree, I think Donna has more potential than any other young gk in the world and it isn't even close but before all of the Raiola nonsense, he could do no wrong. I would rather have a cheaper gk (Perin) and use the money we could get from his sale to build up the rest of the team.

When he only loved Milan and didn't care about the money poor performances by him were something you deal with. Now that things are different, I feel like the patience is less. He is getting paid to play really well he needs to show it. Even if he was getting paid this much but he was our hero, and he actually loved the team it was all easier to swallow. I have readied myself for the time that he wears a different shirt and all I can really see in him now is ~80 Million that could be used elsewhere.

That being said he has been quiet recently, done his job and before today been a star gk for the past few weeks.

As for the first goal, there were two clear fouls in the box. The ref completely ignored them, and when Bona was counterattacking right before that another clear foul was ignored. Hard to blame the ref, but Juve will never get the benefit of the doubt and decisions and performances like this where they are "helped" will only perpetuate the narrative.

Donna has been bad all season imo, he's made a lot of errors throughout. Some of the goals we've conceded from long shots were truly cheap ones. Just in the past couple of weeks, the one against Sassuolo jumps to mind. Sorry but he has to go this summer. I have no patience for his self-serving @ss and I don't believe for a second that Raiola acts on anyone else's cues but his.

As for the game, Juve have (as usual) gotten all the 50-50s. The ref has ignored clear fouls on our players and whistled for every half a touch on the Juve players. There's just no going about it at this point. They've received so much help this season it's ridiculous. I wasn't that hopeful about tonight but as soon as that foul on Hakan before the half was made and Benatia got no yellow and we weren't allowed to take the free-kick, you just knew how things were going to unfold.

Our individual errors continued to sink us, no doubt about it. I just feel generally bad about the fact that we played a very good game up until we conceded and then Donna commenced the clown show.

Fact here is, Juve have players who can change the game on a dime. We simply don't. Costa, Dybala, Pjanic, Cuadrado. They're all game changers. Then they look to their bench and can bring on HiguaĆ­n and Bernardeschi. We're a million miles behind them at this point and that fact has to be respected.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 9 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #39

Esordienti A 95

I think it shows pretty clearly that we need an injection of talent. I know we don't have the money to blow like last summer but we definitely need some upgrades. In the midfield, we need at least 1 clear starter, same with up front. Also, we need pace and trickery on the wings.

I thought Locatelli had a good game, he needs full games because he has the potential to be a good anchor in the mold of Bousquets.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 9 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (maldini03 @ May 9 2018, 09:54 PM) *
I think it shows pretty clearly that we need an injection of talent. I know we don't have the money to blow like last summer but we definitely need some upgrades. In the midfield, we need at least 1 clear starter, same with up front. Also, we need pace and trickery on the wings.

I thought Locatelli had a good game, he needs full games because he has the potential to be a good anchor in the mold of Bousquets.

Locatelli has been good these past 3 weeks. He wasn't the problem. Even though the quality levels between us and Juve vary greatly we were doing very well up until the point of that Benatia goal. Which was a very good corner and subsequent header. There wasn't much to be done about it imo.

But the following 3 goals were shocking individual mistakes which should have been avoided.

Our team needs upgrades for sure. But there's only so much you can do when you repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot. 2 of the shots fired came from one of our supposed "prize" assets btw. Not from one of the players we've been talking about upgrading for most of the season

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 9 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Despicable.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 9 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #42

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Perhaps I'm disappointed with the outcome today, but... I really don't see a light in this Milan road. This season we looked worse then last season. Is Gattuso really better then Montella? Is he the man we need? Do we have a management that has a good vision? Do we have the right scouts and strategies? Do we have a stable management and owner at all?

I think there's just too many questions open to be optimistic about our future.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 9 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #43

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Tragicomic.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 9 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #44

Esordienti A 95

Addressing Fillipo - I personally feel better at the end of this year then I did last year. Let me explain why:

Coach: Major Upgrade - I know on the surface it doesn't seem like we upgraded here but I think we have. Gattuso brings something that Montella did. Both coaches are meh tacticians. But nowadays how many coaches are truly amazing tacticians? A small handful, a very small handful. But Gattuso brings something that other coaches (Montella) lack. He brings passion, zeal, and anger. When the team loses and plays awfully he holds players (and himself) accountable. He incites something in players when there are no true champions in the locker room having someone like that can inspire players to play out of their skin. Look at Conte. When he began Juve were not in a good spot, he had a few champions but he was the one who lit a fire under those players.

It's a long ride to get back to the top. In my life, I got to see Milan in 3 CL finals and win two of them. This is incredibly lucky on its own - very few teams can achieve this even with all of the money in the world. Look at Bayern and PSG and City. All of the money and superstars on superstars, but that can't buy championships. The best teams grow senators establish a culture and try and catch the next wave and ride it out to the CL. We have been believing in our academy for years and it is beginning to bear fruit.

How many teams in Serie A have the players with the potential that we have? Maybe Juve? No other team has so many of their own homegrown players in the team and showing promise. Let the boys grow into men. Let the coach grow into a tactician supplement them with players who can help in the short term and invest for the future.

We are just starting on the path. We were bought last year they have had 1 summer and 1 technical director get a shot at this. Look at Napoli, how many years have they come close and every year they run it back with a tweak or two. Look at Rome, same thing. This path takes time but of those teams who have their own youth in the team that have a real chance of blossoming into something. We have Donna, Romag, Calabria, Loca, Kessie, Calhanoglu, Suso, Cutro, Silva. All of those guys have potential and next year will be better than this year.

This project will take baby steps and patience, a smart move here and there, and tons of luck. But I see the future being bright for us. Keep the faith. The longer the climb the better the view from the top.

I have been feeling the same way as you for parts of this season but I look at my father a lifelong Inter fan, he saw some good years, some poor years. Finally, in 2010, he got to see them win the treble and even talking about that memory brings sheer joy to the man. We will be back. Not this year, maybe not next year but soon it will be our time again and we will revel in it because of the grind it took to get there.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 10 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (maldini03 @ May 9 2018, 11:26 PM) *
Addressing Fillipo - I personally feel better at the end of this year then I did last year. Let me explain why:

Coach: Major Upgrade - I know on the surface it doesn't seem like we upgraded here but I think we have. Gattuso brings something that Montella did. Both coaches are meh tacticians. But nowadays how many coaches are truly amazing tacticians? A small handful, a very small handful. But Gattuso brings something that other coaches (Montella) lack. He brings passion, zeal, and anger. When the team loses and plays awfully he holds players (and himself) accountable. He incites something in players when there are no true champions in the locker room having someone like that can inspire players to play out of their skin. Look at Conte. When he began Juve were not in a good spot, he had a few champions but he was the one who lit a fire under those players.

It's a long ride to get back to the top. In my life, I got to see Milan in 3 CL finals and win two of them. This is incredibly lucky on its own - very few teams can achieve this even with all of the money in the world. Look at Bayern and PSG and City. All of the money and superstars on superstars, but that can't buy championships. The best teams grow senators establish a culture and try and catch the next wave and ride it out to the CL. We have been believing in our academy for years and it is beginning to bear fruit.

How many teams in Serie A have the players with the potential that we have? Maybe Juve? No other team has so many of their own homegrown players in the team and showing promise. Let the boys grow into men. Let the coach grow into a tactician supplement them with players who can help in the short term and invest for the future.

We are just starting on the path. We were bought last year they have had 1 summer and 1 technical director get a shot at this. Look at Napoli, how many years have they come close and every year they run it back with a tweak or two. Look at Rome, same thing. This path takes time but of those teams who have their own youth in the team that have a real chance of blossoming into something. We have Donna, Romag, Calabria, Loca, Kessie, Calhanoglu, Suso, Cutro, Silva. All of those guys have potential and next year will be better than this year.

This project will take baby steps and patience, a smart move here and there, and tons of luck. But I see the future being bright for us. Keep the faith. The longer the climb the better the view from the top.

I have been feeling the same way as you for parts of this season but I look at my father a lifelong Inter fan, he saw some good years, some poor years. Finally, in 2010, he got to see them win the treble and even talking about that memory brings sheer joy to the man. We will be back. Not this year, maybe not next year but soon it will be our time again and we will revel in it because of the grind it took to get there.

I agree with a lot of the above. I feel much better going into this summer's transfer window with the players we have now compared to last summer. We need a couple of really good tweaks for sure, but the roster is much better this season compared to what we had last season.

Rino for me has done everything he could, but there's only so much a coach can do when you have very limited options. His hands are basically tied. Do I think we rushed into giving him a new contract? In hindsight, yes, I think we ould have waited to see how the season ended before making a move, especially when there are coaches of the calibre of Ancelotti, Conte and maybe Sarri available at the end of the season.

I'm curious to see what Rino can do with a better roster and starting the season from scratch rather than having to try and re-float an already sunken ship like he had to do this season. But I'm also afraid that we're going to miss out on a huge opportunity to get a top class coach in. Something that doesn't happen very often.

For me, what really has to be looked at is the management, specifically, Mirabelli. I don't think he's the right man for the job. I think he made fatal errors last summer, errors which could have far reaching repercussions for us on financial terms even more so than footballing ones. Over 200m spent and we could potentially finish worse off than we did with the scrap heap we had assembled last season. That would be a massive failure, and I don't see how anyone can keep their job after a blunder like that. For me the fact that he's still our sporting director is seriously worrying. It just goes back to the loop we had under B & G where no one was accountable for their mistakes. Any other club would have sent both him and Montella packing before November rolled around. But we seem to be persisting with him whatever happens this season. Had Fassone really wanted to replace him he would have done so months ago to allow the new SD to create connections and start setting up a market strategy for the summer. I'm personally very afraid to see how we'll be spending whatever budget we have this summer. We cannot afford any more missteps at this point.

This also all calls into question Fassone and Li (or whoever the f@ck is our real owner). How can you allow a man to keep his position after squandering over 200m? Just inexcusable.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:46 PM