> Summer Transfers 2019

X-Offender
post Jul 27 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #466

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 27 2020, 09:28 PM) *
We've been forced to play with Gabbia on more occasions than I care to even think about

Duarte seems to be made of glass. Musacchio is also injury prone and last I read we were looking into selling him. Kjaer is going through a very good moment, no doubt, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into a new season with the options we have. I still think giving Romagnoli a proper partner should be top of our list.

And I agree that RW is a critical position as well. But we're scoring freely right now even with the mediocre options at present. Both Samu and the salesman seem to be giving Pioli what he needs to make the attack function. But atm, our left side is like a Ferrari while our right side is a Fiat. We need to fix this as it is the foundation of our team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The team has found its footing, but remember we need to challenge for those top spots. We can't do that with barbie and salesman. We need to up our game, and RW is a position that need special attention when the mercado kicks in.

As for CB, Musacchio is not injury prone. Aside from this injury, he's always been consistent (29 games last season in the league). But yes, we need another good CB. Whether to partner with Romagnoli or to act as Kjaer's sub I don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2020, 02:41 PM
Post #467

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

In all honesty, I don't see us making the moves you guys mention.

Going after a good CB is IMO out of question. If Musacchio leaves, then maybe we'll be considering someone short-term. But it seems that we are happy with Gabbia getting some playing time (even though I think he's poor). We still have Duarte (and "made of glass" isn't quite an argument while he's still part of our team). Kjaer has been excellent. The only right move IMO would be to go after Thiago Silva for free.

I think the fullback positions are okay, even though we should perhaps sell one of Conti/Calabria and buy a more intelligent and/or defensive right fullback.

In midfield maybe Bakayoko could still bring in some quality. Biglia will sure be gone, I think Bonaventura will stay as a rotational option, but wouldn't mind him leave as well. Tonali would be interesting but I don't think he's reachable. Krunić is crap and can move on IMO. Don't know if we have some player on our radar; Roca of Espanyol has been mentioned but nothing seems to be done yet.

The winger positions are questionable. Have we even signed Rebić yet our will this turn into a saga/problem? We definitively should sell Saelemakers, but again I don't see that happening. We just recently bought him! Also not sure if we have the right money to sign a quality RW but we definitively should try so.

Attack? Well, I'm still sad we lost out on Cutrone, I'd rather have him then Leao. Ibra will most probably stay, which is good but I think we need a third striker option. Also very unclear who this should be.

One big problem is that Milan seems to take time in making deals. We've been chasing Tonali for a long time and other teams picked up, offered more and he seems to be gone. Same will happen to the other good youngsters we have in mind. And with Boban gone who had perhaps the clearest vision of what to do with Milan, I'm quite pessimistic about the summer transfer market. But maybe Pioli will surprise us once more and pull out a season like he did with Lazio years ago.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 28 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #468

Fillipo my man, where have you been? You've been missed.

To address some of your points:

1. It's a fact we're going to sign another CB. We were linked with Celtic's Ajer but apparently he costs a lot. Now we've swerved towards Fiorentina's Milenkovic. Last I read our offer was a loan swap or a proper swap with Paqueta. Fiorentina value him at 35M.

2. It seems that with Kessie and Hakan's positive performances lately we might actually have the whole midfield starting positions covered. Although Tonali still remains a valid objective. Let's see what happens.

3. I think we'll sign Rebic definitely. Let's not forget the loan swap with Silva was for two years. His contract with Eintracht expires in 2021 so he would actually come for free.

4. A quality RW is a necessity, I cannot stress this enough. Last I read we'll have a budget of 100M for this campaign, I would definitely spend at least 35-40M on that position.

5. Cutrone for me is absolutely mediocre, I'm glad we got rid of him. Leao is still a question mark. Sometimes he looks impressive, sometimes I wanna punch him. But at least he has the potential to become great, unlike Cutrone.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 28 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #469

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, I finished my Phd and had to deal with COVID19, the earthquake and a flood now... but here I am back with you guys...

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jul 28 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #470

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2020, 10:02 PM) *
Well, I finished my Phd and had to deal with COVID19, the earthquake and a flood now... but here I am back with you guys...

Congrats on the PHD man. Hope you well now from Covid and safe from the natural disasters

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 29 2020, 11:55 AM
Post #471

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2020, 09:02 PM) *

PFFFFFT those lot held you back? Lightweight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(kidding, glad you're well)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 29 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #472

Primavera
Group Icon

Hopefully all will be well and behind us all.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 29 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #473

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2020, 11:02 PM) *

Congratulations Dr.! You are a true fighter!

Glad that you are back

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 29 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #474

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 28 2020, 09:02 PM) *

Congrats! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Oh and you reminded me of T. Silva. Would be great if we could bring him in to do something similar to what Zlatan did in attack.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 30 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #475

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Problem with the Silva thing is alongside Kjaer that's an 176-year old defence.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jul 30 2020, 03:18 PM
Post #476

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 30 2020, 01:51 PM) *
Problem with the Silva thing is alongside Kjaer that's an 176-year old defence.

Yes, but Romagnoli will be the principal partner, so I don't see a problem. We also have some youngsters in Gabbia and Duarte. I would sign Thiago silva outright if he is free. I'm sure he would love to come back to Milan with Zlatan. I mean this move makes perfect sense. Otherwise, I would leave the CB position the same, and focus on other areas of the patch as X-Off mentioned

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 3 2020, 10:57 AM
Post #477

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 30 2020, 05:18 PM) *
Yes, but Romagnoli will be the principal partner, so I don't see a problem. We also have some youngsters in Gabbia and Duarte. I would sign Thiago silva outright if he is free. I'm sure he would love to come back to Milan with Zlatan. I mean this move makes perfect sense. Otherwise, I would leave the CB position the same, and focus on other areas of the patch as X-Off mentioned

Agreed

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 3 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #478

It would be hilarious, though. If Ibra also stays, we'd have back the two players we sold in 2012 that marked the end of the great Milan. Only now one at 39 the other at 36 for the great revival. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't think Silva will be coming, though. No rumours whatsoever about it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 3 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #479

Anyway, if there is one player in Italy I would totally make a huge sacrifice for, that is Zaniolo. This kid is absolutely fantastic. Never has a player reminded me of Kaka' as much as he does. Whoever wants him needs to splash out 60M right now unless they want to pay double next summer.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #480

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2020, 06:42 PM) *
Anyway, if there is one player in Italy I would totally make a huge sacrifice for, that is Zaniolo. This kid is absolutely fantastic. Never has a player reminded me of Kaka' as much as he does. Whoever wants him needs to splash out 60M right now unless they want to pay double next summer.

No chance imo.

He'll probably go to Juve though, as per usual

We're being heavily linked with Aurier for the RB position. Thoughts?

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 PM