Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SS Monza 1912

Rossoneri7
post Sep 28 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

So Fininvest took 100% ownership of SS Monza and the directors are Nicola Colombo (President), Paolo Berlusconi, Adriano Galliani, Roberto Mazzo and Danilo Pellegrino.

Board appointed Galliani as the CEO. I have high hopes for this club.

I miss Berlusconi and Galliani. From the early 90s I had been exposed to them and Milan. Not the same without them onboard. The last years of their tenor was hard, and it still is Even after they left.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 28 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

Well. Quite a romantic huh? ^^

Would be nice to see them get to Serie A, and who knows pull a Leicester? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

It could be...fun.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

What would really irk is to see them put so much effort into that team after seeing the neglect they both allowed to happen at this club

Thankfully we have serious people in place now at this club. I honestly do not miss the days of B&G. As glorious as their first decade and a half was, their latter years were a nightmare and led to the hole we're still trying to dig ourselves out of today

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Well it's a whole different story back there. Their approach to Milan in recent years could actually work in such a low-profile club. Even the jubilant behavior when they signed Cerci for example would be welcome.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2018, 03:47 PM) *
Well it's a whole different story back there. Their approach to Milan in recent years could actually work in such a low-profile club. Even the jubilant behavior when they signed Cerci for example would be welcome.

I don't think so

Galiani's strategy as to bring in either free agents on high salaries or players who were great in the past but have been bad for a few years and also offer them high salaries

I don't see how his recent strategy with Milan would work with a club which has a small operating budget

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

He'll still try to lure some ex-players in and I'm sure some of them will accept. I could imagine for example Nocerino signing for Monza.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 30 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2018, 04:06 PM) *
He'll still try to lure some ex-players in and I'm sure some of them will accept. I could imagine for example Nocerino signing for Monza.

He'd still want significant wages for a team of that size, I don't see how that could be sustainable.

These players all demand at the very least 1m per year net. It would be difficult imo for a club of that size to pay players those kinds of salaries.

Who knows, maybe he'll go for a different strategy, but we're still suffering under the weight of such bad decisions to this day. We pay bench players more than teams who have finished above us in recent years pay to their starters

Our wage bill is comparable to that of Juve (taking Ronaldo out of course) yet we haven't even had a whiff of CL football let alone the title for over 6 years now

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 24 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 28 2018, 08:30 PM) *
Well. Quite a romantic huh? ^^

Would be nice to see them get to Serie A, and who knows pull a Leicester? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Well that I am, but it's fueled by their efforts in putting Milan on the map, as opposed to not buying the club and letting it go bankrupt.

They are the main reason we all are Milan fans today, and why we have this forum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------------

Guys, you are not being fair. A Series C team won't attract players who are of Serie A quality. Leave the biases aside, Silvio bought Monza after arriving at a clear business plan for the club. He can extract good value if he takes them to Serie A.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 24 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Brocchi appointed as coach. Good pick IMO.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 30 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 24 2018, 11:29 AM) *
Brocchi appointed as coach. Good pick IMO.

Silvio and his obsession with this guy...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:28 AM