Fillipo Simone
post Oct 3 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 1 2017, 04:52 PM) *
I think coaches have a sell-by-date just as much as players.

Carlo is a great coach, one of the best, but he isn't a modern coach either. With Bayern he didn't have much competition for the league plus he has a top class side at his disposal.

I might seem like I'm contradicting myself because I'm praising him in one post and doubting him in the next but that's just a reflection of how I feel about him coming back. On the one hand I regard him as a top coach, because he's achieved great things all around Europe, we have that nostalgia factor going on as well because he was the last really successful coach we had and he's also a great man manager which is something we need. But on the other hand I don't see him as the right man for job with the group we have now

But in fact, only a few coaches play "moder" or "up-to-date" football. Take Guardiola (who IMO destroys football teams with his tactics), Enrique, Zidane, Klopp, Conte and Simeone. Who you got left? Allegri? Is he really that modern? Or Spaletti? Bosz? Mourinho? I don't think so.

The one thing we would get with Ancelotti is a seasoned coach with experience, intelligence and a brand of football his teams play. We haven't had such a coach in a long time - from the moment Ancelotti departed.

I really think we gotta build around an experienced coach who has actually won something in his life. All the other options right now are much much worse then Ancelotti, so there's really no debate to it IMO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:07 AM