> 2017/18 formation

X-Offender
post Nov 28 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Nov 28 2017, 10:21 PM) *
Suso on the wing without full back means we are playing with 10 men. No way Suso runs back for that ball.

Yeah, which is why we're going to play 3-4-3.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I think we should still move forward with the back 3. It fits our strongest area, which is the defence and wingbacks.

The midfield needs work but I think a Biglia, Monto tandem can work also if we want an alternative to Kessie who needs to be rotated more and can't be given a sure starting spot in the team

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 29 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #18

I don't think wingbacks are our strongest suit. On the contrary, I'd say they're our weakest point. Rodriguez is not a wingback. He's a defender. The fact Montella even played him as CB tells that much. Borini is a forward invented as wingback. Abate can pull that role but let's all be honest, he's past his glory days. Conti is injured. And then there's young Calabria.

Ideally, we should be playing 4-3-3 with Biglia, Kessie and Bona in midfield, but we lack that one crucial element in attack, i.e. left attacking winger.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 30 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2017, 11:03 PM) *
I don't think wingbacks are our strongest suit. On the contrary, I'd say they're our weakest point. Rodriguez is not a wingback. He's a defender. The fact Montella even played him as CB tells that much. Borini is a forward invented as wingback. Abate can pull that role but let's all be honest, he's past his glory days. Conti is injured. And then there's young Calabria.

Ideally, we should be playing 4-3-3 with Biglia, Kessie and Bona in midfield, but we lack that one crucial element in attack, i.e. left attacking winger.

Borini has shown his best stuff at wingback for us and he's actually been one of the most involved players in the goals we've scored. (I was actually reading this fun fact somewhere a couple of days ago)

Rodriguez, is a FB but he's just as good at WB. And just because Montella played him in the CB position, doesn't mean it was a good idea, just like all the other times he's moved players around this season that weren't good moves

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2017, 12:30 AM
Post #20

Yeah, Borini has been alright as RWB, but the point is that he's not a WB. Just like Rodriguez is simply not good enough when played in that position. He's a leftback with strong defensive traits and a great left foot.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:31 AM