> Summer business - happy?

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 4 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2017, 03:41 PM) *
Wow, you think signing one player would elevate this Milan to Juve level?!

We get Modric and we would have a team like this :

Dollaruma
Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Modric - Kessie
Suso - Canhanoglu - Bonaventura
Silva

This is a Scudetto competitive team, say what you want.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 4 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #17

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 4 2017, 08:33 PM) *

Dollaruma
Modric - Kessie
Silva

It's a proven striker away from being Scudetto competitive. My stand has been one top midfielder and one top striker is needed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 4 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 4 2017, 04:05 PM) *
It's a proven striker away from being Scudetto competitive. My stand has been one top midfielder and one top striker is needed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If we sell Bacca then I am sure one will come. So I don't think we are that bad as Danny is making it seem.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 4 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 4 2017, 02:03 PM) *

Dollaruma
Modric - Kessie
Silva

It's a top four team for me, premature to say Scudetto. Juve strolled it last season with a UCL final. I mean I'd love you to be right of course, but for me there's just no chance.

And to answer your follow up point, at no point did I say 'bad' anything! You do also forget the part about Juve being a team of winners with a winning coach - we could sign a bunch of top class players and yet none of the above players, Modric aside, understand winning at the top levels. They all know UCL and high class football. But pushing for the title? Add Montella as well - he's never challenged for a title far less won one.

What I'm saying is give it time and don't have expectations beyond what is realistic.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 4 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 4 2017, 02:05 PM) *

What are we qualifying as 'Scudetto' competitive? Like a serious shout at overcoming Juve?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2017, 10:50 AM) *
Right now it's not enough for top four, but it's going in that direction.

But you have to consider that we've already made 6(7) signings so far. I don't think we'll make a lot more. We know we're looking at another striker but as far as the regista goes everything is still up in the air. Plus we have to see who they'll sign for squad depth if all the players quoted to be leaving do in fact leave.

I think so far, with all the signings put in, we have a good first 11 which is still not at Napoli/Roma level, even Inter (on paper) can be considered better than us. So that's why I think there's still a few missing puzzle pieces left before I can call this a 9/10 mercato

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 4 2017, 12:20 PM) *
I think you're right partly. We have to realise that unlike us, the other teams are yet to make moves in the transfer market. We don't yet know what they'll stock up on. We have to take for granted that Inter will build to challenge for CL. They can't afford not to.

So if the teams stay as they are and if the new signings play to potential then I would say we have a serious chance to make it to 4th. Of course injuries etc. are risks. But we do have a relatively young squad so we should hopefully not have injured players lay down for too long.

Well you can't say how things will turn out. Juve's first season under Conte barely had any injuries, and he literally played almost the same starting 11 in each game. Luck has to factor in, add to that we have the EL next season so we need to make sure that Montella can rotate without the quality dropping too much as has been the case for a while

I don't know, I just think we're still missing 1 to 2 key signings. Don't get me wrong, all our actitivy has been good (bar Borini), but it's still a gamble imo and I still don't see us a shoe ins for top 4

QUOTE (amancik @ Jul 4 2017, 12:32 PM) *
I think on paper with our first XI we should be able to secure 4th place. But it's gonna be a long season with more competitive matches in Europe so squad depth will also be key. If we don't make anymore signings I would like Abate, Calabria, Locatelli, Kucka, Paletta, Plizzari and Montolivo to stay. We should sell Vangioni, Sosa, Bacca, Zapata and De Sciglio.

I think you guys are sort of forgetting the fact that it's still very early in the window and other teams still have a lot of time left to improve their squads. I think Roma and Inter will definitely make some signings in the next few weeks. These are the 2 teams we need to watch out for as I think the battle for the final 2 CL spot will be between us and them

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 4 2017, 12:34 PM) *
Yes I do. If we get another class midfielder like Modric or so, I think we are good to fight for Scudetto.

Nah, don't think we're there yet, Modric and a top striker and I can confidently say we'd be better than Napoli, but I still think we'd be a slight step away from Juve.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2017, 01:41 PM) *
Wow, you think signing one player would elevate this Milan to Juve level?!

They are the gold standard atm, so that's what he must be saying, but I don't think even Modric would be enough. Add a top class striker and we'd be close, but I still think Juve would have the edge

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2017, 03:38 PM) *
What are we qualifying as 'Scudetto' competitive? Like a serious shout at overcoming Juve?

Top CM, top striker and another top CB. I think that's what we'd need. Something I can't see us accomplishing this summer

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 4 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2017, 05:26 PM) *
Top CM, top striker and another top CB. I think that's what we'd need. Something I can't see us accomplishing this summer

No, I mean what qualifies as Scudetto competitive? Pushing for top four, managing to be top two? Because at one point last season we were top two.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 4 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #23

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2017, 09:48 AM) *
But, do you guys think that these 7 signings (counting Conti as well even though it's taking forever) are enough to guarantee us top 4? I still think we're gambling a bit, and we need that one difference maker who can come in and be an instant game changer for us

Atm we're banking a lot on things going as perfect as possible to get that CL position, if things go wrong with injuries/fixtures/team chemistry we could lose out and it will be a massive hit to the new owner's plans

If we sign Biglia, then we're top 4. If we sign someone better (say, Fabregas), then we're aiming for that 2nd spot.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 5 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2017, 12:12 AM) *
If we sign Biglia, then we're top 4. If we sign someone better (say, Fabregas), then we're aiming for that 2nd spot.

What do you say if we sign someone like Fabregas or Modric and Belotti or Aubumayang ? Would we be fighting for 1st place ?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 5 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 5 2017, 04:14 AM) *
No, I mean what qualifies as Scudetto competitive? Pushing for top four, managing to be top two? Because at one point last season we were top two.

Scudetto competitive in my book means we are in contention for the top spot till maybe the last few weeks of the season. I don't see us doing this to be honest.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 5 2017, 09:21 AM) *
What do you say if we sign someone like Fabregas or Modric and Belotti or Aubumayang ? Would we be fighting for 1st place ?

Yes, we'd be fighting for the scudetto. But that's not gonna happen. The players you mentioned are very expensive.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 5 2017, 10:40 AM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 5 2017, 09:23 AM) *
Scudetto competitive in my book means we are in contention for the top spot till maybe the last few weeks of the season. I don't see us doing this to be honest.

You just said we're one great striker away from it!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 5 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 4 2017, 09:44 PM) *

Fighting for 1st spot thoughout an entire season. Meaning, keeping pace with Juve for the duration, something which neither Napoli, nor Roma have managed to do

That's why I currently think of Serie A as a one horse race, becuase there's no one capable of challenging them for 1st

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2017, 10:12 PM) *

Disagree, I think we'd be in there fighting for it, but we wouldn't be shoe-ins either. Inter and Roma could still take those spots atm

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jul 5 2017, 09:21 AM) *

We'd be fighting with Napoli for 2nd, but I still think we'd need that Thiago/Nesta level CB to truely be at Juve level, which is what fighting for 1st means

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 5 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2017, 12:16 PM) *
Yes, we'd be fighting for the scudetto. But that's not gonna happen. The players you mentioned are very expensive.

If we sell Bacca, Niang, Kucka and some other minor deals, we would have 40 million extra for transfers. Which means 70 for striker and 45-50 for midfielder. I think we have that money that is why I am insisting that we will have pretty decent team to fight for Scudetto this year.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2017, 12:41 PM) *
We'd be fighting with Napoli for 2nd, but I still think we'd need that Thiago/Nesta level CB to truely be at Juve level, which is what fighting for 1st means

Why buy Musacchio then ? Our defence is quite well covered.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Jul 5 2017, 10:54 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 5 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2017, 10:41 AM) *
Disagree, I think we'd be in there fighting for it, but we wouldn't be shoe-ins either. Inter and Roma could still take those spots atm

I didn't say 2nd place would be a sure thing, but that we'd be aiming for it.

I've made a bet with a friend (Inter fan) that this season we're finishing 3rd, he says we're finishing 5th. 4th place is a stale mate.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:23 AM