> OFFICIAL: Deschamps leaves Juve

Fillipo Simone
post May 27 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #16

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I`m not that sure either Lippi or Capello would take over at Juve. But now I`m confused...why would Deschamps resign?

Why not Zidane as coach?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 27 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 27 2007, 02:53 PM)
I`m not that sure either Lippi or Capello would take over at Juve. But now I`m confused...why would Deschamps resign?

Why not Zidane as coach?

Deschamps is on his way to Lyon.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 27 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #18

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 27 2007, 04:29 PM)
Deschamps is on his way to Lyon.

Why? Did Houllier resign??

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 27 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #19

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 27 2007, 04:30 PM)

Yup.

+Quote Post

misha
post May 27 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #20

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Juve old boys race for bench

Marcello Lippi warns he does not want to end his sabbatical just yet, so the list of names to lead Juventus extends to Gianluca Vialli, Walter Novellino and others.

Following Didier Deschamps’ resignation, which was made official by the club late last night, the future is up in the air for the Bianconeri.

Back in Serie A after their promotion and mathematically securing the Serie B title with a 2-0 win over Mantova, all the focus is already on next season and the newspapers tipped World Cup winner Lippi to return for a third spell on the Turin bench.

“For the moment I will not come back to Coaching,” he told ‘La Stampa.’ Lippi has been on a break since lifting the ultimate trophy in Berlin in July 2006.

Another option that has been suggested is that Lippi would become the technical director with his former captain Antonio Conte – currently in charge of Serie B side Arezzo – as the tactician.

“Certainly I would be honoured to accept such a role, as long as everyone respected their positions,” said Conte.

The other candidates to lead Juventus back into Serie A following their year in the wilderness are also former fan favourites.

Ex-Chelsea boss Vialli is currently a pundit on Sky Italia television, Claudio Gentile has been out of work since he was sacked from the Under-21 squad and Novellino will have his final game with Sampdoria this afternoon.

The latest rumours suggest that Francesco Guidolin would be an ideal candidate. He will be free of ties after taking Palermo to the UEFA Cup – despite a three-week period in which he was sacked and brought back again.

Lazio tactician Delio Rossi has been heavily linked to Juventus in recent weeks, but Biancocelesti President Claudio Lotito is at pains to point out he has a contract until 2009.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 27 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 27 2007, 03:30 PM)

He's going to Man City. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 27 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #22

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 27 2007, 06:31 PM)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 29 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Juventus have issued a desperate plea for Marcello Lippi to return to the club, despite the World Cup winning coach's protestations that he is not ready to come back to football.

The Bianconeri are searching for a new manager to lead the club in Serie A next season, after Didier Deschamps resigned having clinched the Serie B title despite the club suffering a points deduction at the start of the campaign.

Lippi - who has been out of work since leading Italy to World Cup glory last summer - has emerged as an early contender for the post, having won five Scudettos and the UEFA Champions League in two previous spells with the club.

The highly-regarded boss has already stated he is not willing to cut short his sabbatical for Juve though, leaving the Old Lady jilted in the process.

Now general manager Jean-Claude Blanc has pleaded with Lippi to return to Turin under whatever job title he wishes.

"We want Lippi immediately, in whatever role," Blanc told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He just has to tell us what he wants to do."

However, Lippi has again moved to state there is no chance of him linking up with his former club, telling Rai TV: "I have already said that I am taking a break for some more months, therefore none of this is true.

"Juventus for me signifies eight stupendous years of great success and satisfaction, therefore it is a word that stays in my heart."

Sky Sports

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:16 AM