> Summer Transfers 2010

dst
post Feb 10 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

What I'm saying is I don't care where a report's coming from cause I don't believe in any of them. I don't even believe them when they say 'player x is injured' until I see that he has not been called up. Of course some pages are more reliable than others but they still make things up. So I just read the report but never get excited (when it's a good thing) or disappointed (when it's a bad thing) until it's official regardless of the source. I remember for example last January when every single source was reporting that Kaka had surely signed for Manchester and I would still not believe it even when they even dared to say it was official. We all know what happened after that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Feb 10 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #32

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

I think the tendency to bash journalists is far to common on MF. And people don't distinguish between the yellow press and quality newspapers. I can't speak for the entire world since I'm only an expert on the German media scene, but when I read a news on the Kicker homepage or the Süddeutsche Zeitung I can be certain that they didn't make anything up. The kicker rarely writes on rumors at all, and when they do I can be sure that it's on the basis of a decent investigation. When they announced that Schalkes Rafinha signed a contract with Bayern and it turned out to be wrong they even put a text on their website with an apology to Schalke and Bayern for the trouble they caused.

It's not fair to denunciate the press generally by saying "They all make things up" or "Look at those journalists and the bs they're writing again". Journalists like any human being can be wrong on their predicitions. They only make them on the basis of the information they have. And they can be as wrong as scientists when they make forecasts or promise things. The only solution would be not to write on anything at all. We wouldn't need journalists then and could rely on press releases alone. But I guess none of you wants this...

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 10 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

I do think all journalists make things up. It's not always the same of course, others will make up a whole story and others will only add in a few details... but in any case what I'm saying is that when I read something like "Milan are closing in on Dzeko deal" I'm not going to believe that it's actually true regardless of where it's coming from (even if I do rate some pages as more reliable than others). What I actually take from this story, based on my experience, is that Milan are still interested in Dzeko and have maybe made a move. More so because words are not conclusive. Some will say that Milan "have all but signed Dzeko" and some will say that Milan "have made a step forward in signing Dzeko". People will say the first example is worse because it gives the impression that it's almost done but it does not really matter to me because in both cases nothing is concrete.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 10 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #34

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yeah...but we're not really 'bashing' journalism. We're just saying, we shouldn't accept speculation as fact and wet ourselves.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 10 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Also, a journalist's job is not to predict things and I don't judge them on that. I will never say "journalist x is a bad journalist because he had not reported that we would sign player z" or anything. What I expect from journalists is their opinion on football matters, their knowledge on internal matters and such. I don't want them to speculate that Milan will sign Rouroulinho because "they're are in need of fullbacks and they like Brazlians". The things is, journalists need to sell papers (or increase view counts) so they will say things like that just to please the reader. And that's why I won't believe in it until it's done.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Feb 10 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #36

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 10 2010, 03:34 PM) *
I do think all journalists make things up. It's not always the same of course, others will make up a whole story and others will only add in a few details... but in any case what I'm saying is that when I read something like "Milan are closing in on Dzeko deal" I'm not going to believe that it's actually true regardless of where it's coming from (even if I do rate some pages as more reliable than others). What I actually take from this story, based on my experience, is that Milan are still interested in Dzeko and have maybe made a move. More so because words are not conclusive. Some will say that Milan "have all but signed Dzeko" and some will say that Milan "have made a step forward in signing Dzeko". People will say the first example is worse because it gives the impression that it's almost done but it does not really matter to me because in both cases nothing is concrete.

I can assure you they don't. But everyone might exxagerate a little to make the story a little more interesting.

Also, a journalist's job is not to predict things and I don't judge them on that. I will never say "journalist x is a bad journalist because he had not reported that we would sign player z" or anything. What I expect from journalists is their opinion on football matters, their knowledge on internal matters and such. I don't want them to speculate that Milan will sign Rouroulinho because "they're are in need of fullbacks and they like Brazlians". The things is, journalists need to sell papers (or increase view counts) so they will say things like that just to please the reader. And that's why I won't believe in it until it's done.

Thing is, there are different kinda readers. There are those like you who are interested in comments and decent background stories ect and there is the majority who wants speculation. There are newspapers/magazines/websites for both groups.

+Quote Post

JimboMilano
post Feb 10 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #37

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,695

1-According to 4-4-2.com, Milan and Manchester City can reach an agreement for a maxi deal swap: Clarence Seedorf and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to Citizens and the Brazilian Robinho to Milan. The transfer would be definitively.
The first target for Mancini, this summer, is the Dutch winger and Seedorf is the ideal reinforcements. Ac Milan are disposed to yield him for 15 millions the same money they paid for sign him.

2-In an interview with Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure, Standard Liege and Serbia forward Milan Jovanovic (28) has revealed to have already signed a contract with Liverpool for next season. The deal will become official after routine medical tests.

3-Milan have become the second Italian club to be seriously linked with the services of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.
Widely regarded as a contender to be named as Juventus Coach next season following the demise of Ciro Ferrara, reports in England are now claiming that the Rossoneri are also a possibility.
The stories are being met with surprise by those in Italy after Milan’s recent revival under the tutelage of debutant boss Leonardo.
The Brazilian suffered a horrendous pre-season and he was thought to be close to the chop after a crisis of results during the early part of the campaign.
However, Milan have recovered to qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League and are currently third in Serie A, two points behind Roma but with a game in hand.
Milan fans know all about Benitez as he was in charge of the Liverpool side who came back from 3-0 down to beat the Rossoneri in the 2005 Champions League Final.
Former Sevilla, CSKA Moscow and Spurs boss Juande Ramos is also reportedly a contender to get the San Siro hotseat if a change does take place.

-Sources: www.footballpress.net
www.football-italia.net

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 11 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

why would he lose one of our club legends and someone who is already doing good enough to hire one of those jokers. Its not the coach, its the squad. Ancelotti proved it when he took charge of chelsea that he is still a monster coach.

+Quote Post

JimboMilano
post Feb 11 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #39

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 6,695

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 11 2010, 12:59 AM) *
why would he lose one of our club legends and someone who is already doing good enough to hire one of those jokers. Its not the coach, its the squad. Ancelotti proved it when he took charge of chelsea that he is still a monster coach.

I totally agree, and I also think they should keep Leo as the head coach for next season.

In the mean time, AC Milan declare that Ignazio Abate and Luca Antonini extended their deals until June 2014.

+Quote Post

mkenya
post Feb 11 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #40

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 2,324

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 11 2010, 04:59 AM) *

..'truer' words have never been said..

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 12 2010, 01:26 AM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

Milan Jovanovic Over The Moon With Liverpool Move
The Serbian attacker is delighted to have agreed terms with Liverpool...
By Stefan Coerts
Feb 10, 2010 9:46:00 AM

Serbian international Milan Jovanovic initially appeared to be on his way to Serie A giants Milan, then Valencia seemed to be his next destination, but the Standard Liege forward has now agreed terms with Liverpool instead.

The player's agent Zoran Stojadinovic revealed on Monday that the Merseysiders have beaten a number of clubs to seal a deal for Jovanovic, who will join in the summer on a free transfer, and the forward has now confirmed the move.

"We have reached an agreement for three years, with the option to extend with another season. I have yet to undergo a medical exam, but that shouldn't be a problem," said Jovanovic to Sporza.

"I don't have any physical problems and I'm feeling perfectly fit. I opted to sign for Liverpool because they're one of the biggest teams around in Europe. They're definitely among the 10 biggest sides. [you mean you opted for the 3m pounds a season they were giving you instead of our 2m euros, you money hungry *beep* )

"I'm absolutely delighted that the deal is completed. From now on, I can focus on Standard Liege again. I want to leave the club in a good way."

milannews.it

damn you rafa, damn you!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Feb 12 2010, 01:27 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 12 2010, 03:58 AM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

Real Madrid and Milan are amongst a number of top European clubs interested in signing CSKA Moscow winger Milos Krasic according to the player's agent Marko Naletilic.

The 25-year-old Serbian has attracted the interest of some of Europe's top sides with some outstanding displays for the Russian outfit in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League including a fine dribbling solo goal against Manchester United.

Naletilic has insisted that any team considering a move for Krasic will have to pay in the region of €15 million to convince CSKA to part with the winger.

"There is nothing concrete with any club, but I can reveal that there are several great teams that want Milos and he is destined to play for any of them,": Naletilic is quoted as saying by AS.

"There's also Milan, in addition to [Real] Madrid, but they have to deal with CSKA and put at least €15 million on the table."

goal.com

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Feb 12 2010, 04:31 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

What kind of midfielder is Krasic? It says he is a winger, so where would he play for us if we sign him?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 12 2010, 05:00 AM
Post #44

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

He's one of those types who can play on the wing and behind the strikers as well. Good technique.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Feb 12 2010, 05:12 AM
Post #45

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Meh, agents get paid handsomely to talk out of their åsses.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 7 2010, 10:40 PM) *
Galliani: Abbiati/Roma will stay in Milan next season forsure.

That's just sad. So we won't be going for a younger replacement in the market then? (Unless Roma will spell Kalac next season.)

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Feb 12 2010, 05:13 AM

+Quote Post

403 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:34 AM