> Milan sack Allegri

TriniKing_CE
post Jan 13 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #16

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Well, obviously. You can't expect things to change in the blink of an eye.

Agreed. Our expectations shouldn't be set high.

We need to remain realistic and understand how badly off we are right now.

It is highly unlikely that we will see some great improvement straight away; if we do great, but time is needed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 13 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

This is only one small step. There's still the problem of Silvio, Galliani and the playing squad. Who knows if Seedorf will even be a capable coach? There's a long road ahead.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 13 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

X-Off - if you don't remove that signature now, I'm going to assault you with a large inflatable balloon in the shape of a zebra.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 13 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2014, 12:00 PM) *
This is only one small step. There's still the problem of Silvio, Galliani and the playing squad. Who knows if Seedorf will even be a capable coach? There's a long road ahead.

I'm going to be stupidly optimistic and say that with a defence of Abate, Rami, Mexes, Zapata, Urby and DS, a midfield of De Jong, Poli, Honda and maybe Essien, with an attack of Balo, Kaka, Pazzo and Robinho...can I dare predict a groundswell of improvement?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #20

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

The reaction of every Milan fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogd5-bhbFg#t=16

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 13 2014, 03:13 PM) *
X-Off - if you don't remove that signature now, I'm going to assault you with a large inflatable balloon in the shape of a zebra.

Done! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 13 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #22

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 12:27 PM) *

Christ you look different already! Where is X-Off and what have you done with the mad angry b*stard?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 13 2014, 03:28 PM) *
Christ you look different already! Where is X-Off and what have you done with the mad angry b*stard?

That X-Off is gone with Allegri. This is a brand new X-Off, cool as Spike Spiegel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 01:26 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Berardi should be given the Nobel prize. Seriously. The guy will be considered a saint in the eyes of all Milan fans

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Jan 13 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #25

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 13 2014, 10:57 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Berardi should be given the Nobel prize. Seriously. The guy will be considered a saint in the eyes of all Milan fans

I love the kid already.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 13 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #26

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Oh, this was posted here. Sorry, posted it in the Winter thread. Other than watching just the end of the Carlo Ancelotti era, I really haven't religiously followed Milan being coached by a really decent coach. We had Leo which basically built a team around Ronaldinho. It worked like a charm, but the defense was unstable, and well Ronaldihno wouldn't last forever. He also didn't know how to incoperate players which great potential such as Huntelaar.

We then passed through Allegri's phase. The impressive thing about his first year is that he actually won the Scudetto..just the fact that he did, and nothing else. I really can say he did commit a lot of mistakes during that period, but it was his first season at a big club, and we were pretty much hopeful that he'd grow out of his mistakes. A lot of his "tactical innovations" had to do with Ibra being a beast, and playing everyone through.

Though, the work he did on our defense was commendable. I remember how he used to say, to win a Scudetto..you have to start out from defense. The defensive phase is so important, not only when you don't have the ball. It's how you deal with the flow of the match overall. Stuff such as handling counter attacks, marking special players etc...

I wonder where that part of his tactics went. Although, he did not used to play the most entertaining football or took a lot of risk, but there was a good element to his Ac Milan team in a sense. Did the players just stop listening to him? Or did he just change the ways? I'd say it's more of the former actually. Specially, with the lack of discipline in this club. This year it's mostly been us losing points just because of not being able to defend our lead. Probably the statistics would indicate us not having a disastrous season in terms of scoring goals at all.

Also, just to be clear. I'm not saying that players don't take any of the blame. But, there are specific things that a coach should be taken responsible for. Even Allegri knows he f*cked up in the Sassuolo game, and said explicitly.

I honestly hope we don't hire any of Inzaghi or Seedorf.

Inzaghi is still too raw for this job. He'll push up the mentality that's for sure, but is he experienced enough to handle everything that involves coaching a big team. I don't think he can at the moment.

Seedorf is brilliant, he understands the game so well. But seriously..he hasn't even coached a team yet. I don't know, it's a huge gamble. But, maybe just maybe..one worth taking.

Keeping Tasotti as an interim coach, until next season may be the best thing to do. Although, I'm a bit afraid of Tassoti..He's been satisfied with working for Allegri for the last..3 and a half years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by William405: Jan 13 2014, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 13 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2014, 05:26 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) been along time coming sad it was drawn out this long ! defeat after defeat , draw after draw.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 13 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #28

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was being honest when I said I'd be shocked if he wasn't sacked immediately last night. it was obvious there'd be no mercy this time.

I don't know how this will affect our results but I have to admit, I'm glad I won't be seeing his constipated face anymore.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 13 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I just hope they don't throw in Seedorf into this mess. It would be kind of unfair. Now we need someone like Cesare Maldini, an interim coach to make the best out of this terrible terrible situation. So the new coach, Seedorf or not, can have a good take at what he needs to change, get rid of or adapt.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 13 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #30

'Seedorf free at any time'

I think Seedorf could be the right man for job, but not right away. I agree with Fillipo that someone like Cesare Maldini might be the proper solution until the end of the season.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:45 PM