> Match-fixing appeals start up

dst
post Jul 21 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

The Italian match-fixing scandal is set to hit the headlines again on Saturday, as the Federal Court meets to consider the appeals of the accused.

Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina and all those punished have lodged applications to overturn their sentences, except for refereeing scout Pietro Ingargiola, who has accepted his decision.

Judge Piero Sandulli will be overseeing the case but has the pressures of time constraints looming over him with Uefa expecting to receive the lists of clubs to represent Italy in the season's European tournaments by Tuesday.

The Stadio Delle Alpi outfit are seeking a reduction to their 30-point penalty for next season, after they have already been relegated to Serie B and been stripped of their last two league titles.

Both Fiorentina and Lazio wish to overturn their relegations altogether, while Milan are hoping to win complete vindication from the affair.

The Stadio Giuseppe Meazza club have managed to hold on to their stars so far having avoided relegation, but would like to re-enter the UEFA Champions League and get rid of their 15-point deficit for the coming season.

Reports in Italy suggest that the verdicts could be delivered as early as Monday night.

Planet Football
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 21 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

I read about the possible new verdicts:

Milan: points deducted reduced to 10 but additional deduction from last year's Serie A standings so that we won't participate in the UEFA Cup!!

Fiorentina and Lazio: Up again in Serie A but with a large point deduction and no participation in european leagues.

Juventus:30 points deficit reduced to 20, the rest as it is!!!!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 21 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

We'll have to wait and see

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 21 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 12:52 PM)
I read about the possible new verdicts:

Milan: points deducted reduced to 10 but additional deduction from last year's Serie A standings so that we won't participate in the UEFA Cup!!

Fiorentina and Lazio: Up again in Serie A but with a large point deduction and no participation in european leagues.

Juventus:30 points deficit reduced to 20, the rest as it is!!!!

How can they know what will happen when the appeals haven't even started yet???

Also to reduce more the 44 pts from last season for us is totally unjust but I would be happy if we don't participate in the UEFA cup because it will only cost us as a distraction. It's either CL or nothing

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 21 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

-10 is always better than -15. I wouldn't mind. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Well, let's wait and see. Official news will be out in days.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jul 21 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 21 2006, 10:27 AM)
It's either CL or nothing

honestly, i think that's just dumb...we haven't one a single piece of hardware in 2 years...at this stage and with this trial...take whatever you can get

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 21 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 21 2006, 09:17 PM)
honestly, i think that's just dumb...we haven't one a single piece of hardware in 2 years...at this stage and with this trial...take whatever you can get

If we play UEFA cup it will only serve us as a distraction from the league. Do you think it will be as easy as it seems to come back from - 15 or even -10?

It will be really hard just to make the CL spot for next season, and we normally lose focus when we have CL games, so I don't think we should play in UEFA cup. It's not because of arrogance but we can't afford to lose focus from our main objective which is trying to get 2nd place in the league or even try to win even though it will be very difficuilt

+Quote Post

dudernahata
post Jul 21 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 572

most of the milan players will most likely want to compete for some european trophy though. i hope lazio dont come back up to serie A cuz that means no chance of getting oddo.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 21 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 21 2006, 10:13 PM)
most of the milan players will most likely want to compete for some european trophy though. i hope lazio dont come back up to serie A cuz that means no chance of getting oddo.

Oddo wants to leave Lazio and come to Milan even if they aren't relegated the problem would be if they would let him

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 21 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

The problem is whether Milan will finally wake up from their coma!!!!

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 21 2006, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 21 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 21 2006, 10:25 PM)
The problem is whether Milan will finally wake up from their coma!!!!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:24 PM