> World Cup 2014

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #931

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 24 2014, 11:47 AM) *
And I hope you sit in a corner and never talk when Italy make it through. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 19 2014, 09:26 PM) *
Uruguay aren't going to come up against Gerrard and Jagielka every week though. They were very poor in both games and Italy won't have any problems with them. Quote me on it. No way Uruguay beat Italy. No way.

I need say no more...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 24 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #932

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 07:57 PM) *
I need say no more...

I'll admit I'm 100% wrong. There.

I still maintain that Uruguay have qualified 100% due to refereeing. The Godin and Suarez none-red put them through IMO. Ironically the players that scored too.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 24 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #933

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2014, 08:40 PM) *
v England - Godin should've been sent off, Suarez scores.
v Italy - Suaraz should've been sent off, Godin scores.

Uruguay easily the worst team in the Ro16. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Worst? Certainly not. Dirty, yes. Suarez negative, yes. But not the worst.

I'm sad to see Italy out, they had potential to go far. But I must say, Verratti and Immobile left me quite unimpressed. They look green, in a way you don't expect young players to be nowadays.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 24 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #934

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Yeah Suarez can go to Spain and behave in a way Barca find acceptable. He's done this what 3 or 4 times now?

Fantastic football player, great to watch but as a person he doesn't even deserve what he has.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #935

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2014, 05:59 PM) *
I'll admit I'm 100% wrong. There.

I still maintain that Uruguay have qualified 100% due to refereeing. The Godin and Suarez none-red put them through IMO. Ironically the players that scored too.

Every team gets luck, so what?

If I'm being fair here Chiellini made at least 3 assaults in that match which went totally unpunished, then elbowed Suarez during the 'incident'.

It balances itself out over the piece and Italy and England were rank rotten and deserved to go out.

As for the 'incident', yes, it should have been a red for Suarez, bite or not. Just like it should have been one for Chiellini in the same incident.

Suarez has a definite temperament issue, but I can't think of any true genius that isn't flawed by some woeful character let down.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
Post #936

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Playing for 0-0 when you could go out with a 0-1 loss.. typical Italy. this is deserved for them.

I hope to see the back of Prandelli soon, he never really won me over...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
Post #937

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2014, 07:59 PM) *
Worst? Certainly not. Dirty, yes. Suarez negative, yes. But not the worst.

I'm sad to see Italy out, they had potential to go far. But I must say, Verratti and Immobile left me quite unimpressed. They look green, in a way you don't expect young players to be nowadays.

I expected much more from Immobile for sure.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #938

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 24 2014, 06:00 PM) *
Yeah Suarez can go to Spain and behave in a way Barca find acceptable. He's done this what 3 or 4 times now?

Fantastic football player, great to watch but as a person he doesn't even deserve what he has.

If we're getting sanctimonious and moral then Cole, Gerrard, Terry, and Rooney are just as bad.

But football isn't about a player's character, nor should it be. I respect Giggs hugely as a player, arguably EPL's best ever, but as a man he's a vile and despicable little rodent.

But I don't really care about that.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 24 2014, 07:07 PM
Post #939

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

That was never a red card in my view. It's definitely a yellow but to me it's quite clear that's it's not strong enough to be a red. He stops and is at the process where he starts to turn around, it's not red-worthy forceful at all.

I hope Suarez is punished with at least a couple of games and it sent to a mental hospital. Massive dhead!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 07:07 PM
Post #940

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2014, 06:05 PM) *
I expected much more from Immobile for sure.

Lived up to his name...

I expected a lot more from Italy, but their national side now reflects Serie A's plummet into mediocrity.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #941

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 24 2014, 06:07 PM) *
That was never a red card in my view. It's definitely a yellow but to me it's quite clear that's it's not strong enough to be a red. He stops and is at the process where he starts to turn around, it's not red-worthy forceful at all.

You don't really get it do you? You don't have to maim an opponent for an offence to be a red card. Intent is enough. That said he clearly DID go deep into his shin so it was as blatant as it gets. From the ref's angle. From ours initially it wasn't.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 24 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #942

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

I'm going to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) if the same people who claimed Pepe's challenge was a blatant red against Barca a few years back (when the ball was bouncing not rolling on the ground) think that's a yellow.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 24 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #943

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 24 2014, 09:05 PM) *
Playing for 0-0 when you could go out with a 0-1 loss.. typical Italy. this is deserved for them.

I couldn't agree less, I don't think they played for the draw at all. They were the better team in the first half (or maybe I should say, the least bad team) and were looking for a goal. Obviously, they were never going to risk and concede I think the tactics were sound overall but they clearly lack quality upfront.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 24 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #944

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 08:06 PM) *
If we're getting sanctimonious and moral then Cole, Gerrard, Terry, and Rooney are just as bad.

What've they done on the field? As people they are ****, yeah. Suarez does this as a football, during his job hours.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 24 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #945

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 09:09 PM) *
You don't really get it do you? You don't have to maim an opponent for an offence to be a red card. Intent is enough. That said he clearly DID go deep into his shin so it was as blatant as it gets. From the ref's angle. From ours initially it wasn't.

Thanks for implying I'm that clueless not to be able to comprehend the intent rule but no, I do get it and I still think it's not a red card.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 24 2014, 09:09 PM) *
I'm going to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) if the same people who claimed Pepe's challenge was a blatant red against Barca a few years back (when the ball was bouncing not rolling on the ground) think that's a yellow.

I said I think the reason why it's not a red card is because it's not a forceful challenge. He stops and turns and it's not that hard to warrant a red card. On the contrary, Pepe goes full speed on that challenge so I don't see how these two incidents relate at the slightest.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2014, 09:11 PM) *
What've they done on the field? As people they are ****, yeah. Suarez does this as a football, during his job hours.

I agree there, it's not the same thing.

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  « < 61 62 63 64 65 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:57 AM