han2503
post Nov 29 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Nov 29 2013, 08:47 PM) *
No what i mean by sad times is what Galliani brought to Milan since berlusconi brought him to Milan and hired him that is not going to be extinguished Han you cannot erase history. But that does not mean i support what hes done to Milan in recent times.

So indeed it is sad times that hes leaving but its the right time none the less.

Oh okay, sort of understand where you're coming from but we've been driven to a point where it's become imperative that things change. And Galliani out is the biggest step in the right direction we can make.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Nov 29 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2013, 01:12 AM) *
Oh okay, sort of understand where you're coming from but we've been driven to a point where it's become imperative that things change. And Galliani out is the biggest step in the right direction we can make.

Agreed fully.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 29 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #33

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

No thread on Paolo as our new Technical Director?

What thoughts do you have? I know how Jack feels about it, but what about the rest of you? Han implies he's happy with that. Do you all share that?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 29 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 29 2013, 11:31 PM) *

What thoughts do you have? I know how Jack feels about it, but what about the rest of you? Han implies he's happy with that. Do you all share that?

I don't think we should be making threads about it before it happens

Personally I'd be very happy with it, he's a highly respected figure in football and will go a long way in repairing the damage caused by Galliani over the past few years

Personally, I don't think Paolo should just take up Galliani's entire portfolio of duties. It's just ridiculous that one man in a club handles everything from payroll, extensions, transfer activity, handing out silly awards, hiring and firing staff and everything else in between.

Braida will most likely be going out as well so that's 2 positions that need to be filled, I think Barbara should step in to a more prominent managerial role at the club rather than just a board member, I think she's a very business savvy woman, knows what she wants and how to go after it, Albertini and Paolo would also step in to take over for Braida and at least part of the responsibilities which fell under Galliani

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #35

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2013, 10:38 PM) *
I don't think we should be making threads about it before it happens

Galliani hasn't quit yet either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Yet here we are.

Personally I'd be very happy with it, he's a highly respected figure in football and will go a long way in repairing the damage caused by Galliani over the past few years

Personally, I don't think Paolo should just take up Galliani's entire portfolio of duties. It's just ridiculous that one man in a club handles everything from payroll, extensions, transfer activity, handing out silly awards, hiring and firing staff and everything else in between.

Braida will most likely be going out as well so that's 2 positions that need to be filled, I think Barbara should step in to a more prominent managerial role at the club rather than just a board member, I think she's a very business savvy woman, knows what she wants and how to go after it, Albertini and Paolo would also step in to take over for Braida and at least part of the responsibilities which fell under Galliani

Galliani is CEO and VP, Paolo will be TD. Completely different roles. And for me Babs will become the new CEO.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Nov 30 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

It's been a long time coming. Galliani did a lot for the club in the past but really dropped the ball in the last 5-7 years and a change was much needed. Hope more steps will be taken to improve our situation.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 29 2013, 06:52 PM) *
And let's not forget that this opens the door to Maldini's return. if there's one person in this world that could unite this team again, it's Paolo.

Totally. He's exactly what we need right now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2013, 02:36 AM
Post #37

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 29 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Totally. He's exactly what we need right now.

Is he? I thought we needed a fresh approach, new players, a new coach, and ambition. Isn't bringing Maldini in as some kind of Godfather in a made-up position just sentiment for the sake of it?

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Nov 30 2013, 02:54 AM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

Did I say that he'll solve all of our problems? There's no magic solution, it will be a process and I like said earlier, more changes are needed. It's just a first step, one of many that we need to take.

And It won't be a made-up position. He won't come unless he could make a difference.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Nov 30 2013, 03:06 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2013, 03:13 AM
Post #39

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 30 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Did I say that he'll solve all of our problems?

No, but you stated he's exactly what we need. I'm not sure what makes you say that, going beyond sentiment and our obvious love for him as a player.

There's no magic solution, it will be a process and I like said earlier, more changes are needed. It's just a first step, one of many that we need to take.

And It won't be made-up position. He won't come unless he could make a difference.

This club has been run incredibly poorly over the past decade. Increasingly so. Why on earth do you have sudden faith he's being appointed for his abilities as a 'Technical Director' as opposed to feeling it might just be a saccharin appointment to appease the masses.

And, sorry, but it IS a made up position. In the UK it's often called 'Director of Football' and quite honestly it's total nonsense. What is a TD meant to do? Deal with football? That's the manager's job. Bring in new players? That's the CEO's job. Manage finances? That's the Finance Director's responsibility. All a TD does is get in the way - it's an absolutely absurd position and not one you need at Milan. It quite possibly led to the end of Carlo at Milan too - it's like some kind of invigilator watching over the manager, interfering and just not helping.

If we don't want Allegri - sack him. Why the hell waste a wage bringing in a TD?

And if we're grooming Paolo for management, how the f*ck much worse can he do RIGHT now in the league than Allegri is?

Ok this was a bit of a rambling post at 2am.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Nov 30 2013, 03:14 AM
Post #40

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2013, 03:07 AM) *
Galliani is CEO and VP, Paolo will be TD. Completely different roles. And for me Babs will become the new CEO.

How many CEO's like Galliani do you know? He was CEO, VP, TD and god knows what together. Barbara won't do all that IMO, she'll be dealing more with managerial stuff while Paolo will be more TD like Leonardo was at Inter and PSG, dealing with transfers and other football stuff.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Nov 30 2013, 03:28 AM
Post #41

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2013, 06:13 AM) *
And, sorry, but it IS a made up position. In the UK it's often called 'Director of Football' and quite honestly it's total nonsense. What is a TD meant to do? Deal with football? That's the manager's job. Bring in new players? That's the CEO's job. Manage finances? That's the Finance Director's responsibility. All a TD does is get in the way - it's an absolutely absurd position and not one you need at Milan. It quite possibly led to the end of Carlo at Milan too - it's like some kind of invigilator watching over the manager, interfering and just not helping.

in Italy it's different than UK. Coach here is not a manager, he doesn't deal with transfers, he just asks for type of player from the board. In Milan so far Galliani was responsible for several roles at ones, even though Braida and Leonardo when he was here helped him with transfers but now I think it will be different. In Inter for example a sporting director, Branca, deals with transfer and I think Paolo's role will be similar. Roma is another example where Sabatini, a TD, is handling transfers and other football stuff while CEO deals with business things.

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Nov 30 2013, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 30 2013, 04:03 AM
Post #42

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2013, 01:31 AM) *

How can someone not be happy? It's Paolo Maldini.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Nov 30 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

http://www.football-italia.net/42306/berlu...l-galliani-fate

Cesare Maldini, a former Milan Coach and father of Paolo, told Al-Jazeera the negotiations were at a very advanced stage.

“I am sad for Adriano, but at the same time happy for Paolo’s return to Milan.”

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Nov 30 2013, 11:12 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 30 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #44

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2013, 02:31 AM) *

It is a huge challenge, as when Galliani first took charge he had Silvio's unconditional funding and built stellar sides.

My worry is that Maldini would find a challenge too much to handle. Like if the negative results keep pilling, the fans 'would' turn on him. Maybe someone with experience on the job to handle the matters now, and ease in Paolo later down the line. But as things now, Paolo will be put into the deep end.

Regardless, I hope and wish he does a good job!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 30 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 30 2013, 02:28 AM) *
in Italy it's different than UK. Coach here is not a manager, he doesn't deal with transfers,

Same as UK. Manager tells the board who he wants and they make it happen.

he just asks for type of player from the board. In Milan so far Galliani was responsible for several roles at ones, even though Braida and Leonardo when he was here helped him with transfers but now I think it will be different. In Inter for example a sporting director, Branca, deals with transfer and I think Paolo's role will be similar. Roma is another example where Sabatini, a TD, is handling transfers and other football stuff while CEO deals with business things.

What is the 'other football stuff' though without interfering with the manager? I can't think of a single duty a dedicated TD could have non-transfer related.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 AM