Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 05:16 AM
Post #16

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 1 2009, 03:10 AM) *
From Leonardo's Wikipedia Page:

'..despite not still having the required coaching badges (he is set to attend a UEFA A coaching course on June 2009).'

It is June 1st. does anyone know how long does this course take?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 1 2009, 05:19 AM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

A few weeks I would imagine. I think they're pointless anyway, a badge doesn't really prove wehether you're worthy enough to coach a team..

I'm slightly disappointed. I was hoping we'd bring in a guy like Sam Allerdyce so we could play some sexy long ball football.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jun 1 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #18

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2009, 12:19 AM) *
A few weeks I would imagine. I think they're pointless anyway, a badge doesn't really prove wehether you're worthy enough to coach a team..

I'm slightly disappointed. I was hoping we'd bring in a guy like Sam Allerdyce so we could play some sexy long ball football.

Contradictory! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Damn you’re as English as they get - Aren't you?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #19

Primavera

LOL @ Kurt!

Much to the disappointment of some:

QUOTE (Channel4)
Leo has big plans

Monday 1 June, 2009

Newly installed Milan Coach Leonardo wants to strengthen his side with Emmanuel Adebayor and Michael Essien, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The 39-year-old former Brazil international yesterday replaced Carlo Ancelotti who announced he had agreed to terminate his contract with the Rossoneri.

Leonardo has followed the Fabio Capello route to the Milan bench, working for one of Silvio Berlusconi's companies before becoming a trainer.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Leonardo is prepared to overhaul the current squad both in terms of tactics and personnel.

His No 1 transfer target this summer is reportedly Adebayor, the 25-year-old Togo striker, who has flirted with Milan in recent weeks.

Adebayor famously compared Milan with Beyoncé Knowles, the R&B singer, to the disappointment of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Essien, the Chelsea midfielder, is also apparently on Milan's wanted list, although the prospect of him leaving Stamford Bridge is remote.

If they do join the Rossoneri this summer, they are likely to play in a 4-3-3 formation, which La Gazzetta dello Sport believe to be Leonardo's preferred style of play.

I have always said, I don't think Adebayor is all that great but I'd gladly take him because I can't see us aiming higher than that. he's good enough, in other words.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 1 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I dont think that will happenl. I doubt we'll sign adebayor. I think we'll go for maybe borriello-pato-paloschi-inzaghi combo with perhaps sheva staying on board as well.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 1 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

We need a striker. Kaka being our first scorer (even if many of his goals came from penalties) means we need one more up front IMO. How can we rely on Borriello?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #22

Primavera

Counting UEFA Cup goals, Pato is our top goalscorer (18). he scored only 1 goal less than Kaka in the league but just a little less than half of Kaka's goals came from penalties (most of them earned by others).

IMO Kaka never was and never will be a striker. he's best used when he's playing in midfield, like old times.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 1 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 04:18 AM) *
We need a striker. Kaka being our first scorer (even if many of his goals came from penalties) means we need one more up front IMO. How can we rely on Borriello?

I agree with you but I just dont think we'll spend the money unless Kaka is sold then yes we will have to spend. I think most of our transfer fund will go to a rock solid defender and perhaps another midfielder.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 1 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

Milan Coach Leonardo: Carlo Ancelotti Motivated Me To Take The Job
(IMG:http://i.media.goal.com/g/49867_news.jpg)

Leonardo has spoken of his delight after being unveiled as Milan's new coach on Monday, and he is ready to continue building as he works towards brining more success to the club.

Milan have confirmed the former Brazil international has signed a two year deal which expires on June 30, 2011. Leonardo is hoping he can lead the club back to glory as he prepares to settle down and begin a new adventure.

"I am tied to Milan with great affection. It's an important day for me, it's special and different to what I could have imagined," Leonardo told Sky Sport Italia during his unveiling.

"I am truly happy for this choice. I have been here for 12 years and starting after Carlo means something even deeper as I had a good rapport with him."

Leonardo spent Sunday saying farewell to his former mentor, and he admits Ancelotti had a helping hand in pushing him to take on the role.

"It was extraordinary yesterday and to see all the players crying was strong," added the coach.

"Carlo has always stimulated me to accept this role. It has been difficult over the last few days with everything that has happened.

"I am happy, I start a new adventure. Now we have to construct. We have the right foundations in terms of will and determination in place to succeed

"We have a good structure here and I don't think there is any need to make major changes."

Kaka has been linked with plenty of clubs as the transfer rumours continue, but Leonado is not fazed by all the hype, confident his fellow Brazilian will stay.

"Kaka is always a dream for many teams. Honestly, I don't see any problems. We have him here and I hope he continues to stay here with us," added Leonardo.

"Obviously you can never tell what happens with the transfer market, but I am hopeful he will stay."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) First press conference (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

GonzZo
post Jun 1 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #25

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,415

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 1 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Counting UEFA Cup goals, Pato is our top goalscorer (18). he scored only 1 goal less than Kaka in the league but just a little less than half of Kaka's goals came from penalties (most of them earned by others).

IMO Kaka never was and never will be a striker. he's best used when he's playing in midfield, like old times.

Agreed. Pato can be a goalmachine it just depends on how he's played. Try to look at his goal ratio when he has been playing with Kaka up front (as the striker in a christmas tree), he has averaged almost a goal per game this season, however he hardly ever scored playing next to Pippo. Back at Internacional he played as a '9' aswell, so I have no doubts that he could do that at Milan. If we play a 4-3-3, he would be perfectly able to play the striker role. We only need one more striker if we're gonna play a two-striker formation, playing Pato on the wing is a waste, like Robinho on the wing in Real Madrid.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 1 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 1 2009, 01:18 PM) *

We're probably going to play like this:
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Kaka - Pato - Ronaldinho

in which case I don't think we need another forward. In any case, we MUST sign a great CB and a great LB as soon as possible!

PS Please take Seedorf with you Carlo!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 1 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #27

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 1 2009, 05:43 AM) *
We're probably going to play like this:
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Kaka - Pato - Ronaldinho

in which case I don't think we need another forward. In any case, we MUST sign a great CB and a great LB as soon as possible!

PS Please take Seedorf with you Carlo!

Eventhough I dont like it, I think this is what will happen.

We'll use borriello, Paloschi and inzaghi as backup.

Oh sheva is leaving forsure. Chelsea said they want him back.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 1 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #28

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

It will be a trial and error start for him, in deciding on the formation, tactics, and players.

At first glance, he will most likely play KaPaRo with two DMs and fullbacks. Yet this is just an assumption, as many different formations and assumptions could be conjured up, but not till the September has passed will we truly know the layout that Leo will play with. A lot of question markers arise and I hope creates the sparks to set out a team that will make us all proud (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 1 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #29

Primavera

Leonardo's first press conference. very interesting.

A NEW ERA

Humility, enthusiasm and a fun football. These are the new believes of the new Rossoneri’s coach Leonardo who was presented today at San Siro. A new path which starts without forgetting the help of the friend Carlo Ancelotti.

(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200904/13687_news.jpg)

MILAN – Today a new path and new era started for Milan, born from the dreams and projects of president Silvio Berluscni. The new Milan coach, Leonardo, today during the press conference of San Siro presented his philosophy, his new project:

“THANKS CARLO”

“Today for me is an absolutely special day. I dream of becoming a player, but I would have never thought of being a coach. To start this adventure you need solid basis, like the great affection which ties me to this club and without doubt the great respect. I’ve been in this environment for the past 12 years and for me to start again after Carlo Ancelotti has a very deep meaning. What ties me to Carlo is an extraordinary tie, he is a very sensible person and it was very strong seeing how the entire dressing room and environment are tied to him. I would have never accepted this duty if there wasn’t a great rapport between us and especially if there wasn’t this final part of the season which saw us all agree. I must admit that Carlo Ancelotti is the person who most motivated me to accept this role, between us there was a sort of common path and this was very nice. Today for me it starts a new adventure, with great humility, enthusiasm and will to do, and what makes me happy is feeling a lot of trust around me.”

“I FEEL LIKE AN ADMINISTRATOR”

“How I see myself? More with the tie than the track suit. Without doubt I change role, but I’m a coach. What can be different from another coach is the path. Today I have a club vision, I know perfectly well the culture, philosophy, the needs of this club because I worked in the management. However, I’m not the director of the technical area anymore, my role will be that of moving these work experiences on the pitch. The perfect work could be administrator. Yes, I see myself as an administrator of a structure which already works very well and which can be improved. I see myself as the right person for re-arranging new mechanisms. I start from the fundamental presumption that nothing will be upset, because I believe that a work structure must be maintained. This staff, this organization knows everything about this squad, it has a baggage of experience from which we must start again with more ideas and new objectives. We have an important margin of growth from the programs level and we can grow also on the tactical level.”

THE NEW TECHNICAL STAFF

“On the pitch I will rely a lot on Mauro Tassotti who will be my assistant coach. With him we shall evaluate the management of the training session, of the daily work. Daniele Tognaccini will be in charge of the athletic structure, with the duty of trying new methods, new tests, new controls and new methods of work. For example I believe a lot in an athletic preparation with the ball, to quicken the action, to have more ball possession in the opponents centre half. With regards to the medical part, we shall again to evaluations. Then we shall rely to two specific figures to obtain tactical and scientific data. It will be two people with a detached vision to the event, positioned in specific zones for the control of the opponents, movements, game spaces. Goalkeeper trainers will remain Villiam Vecchi and Valerio Fiori.”

“THE FOOTBALL I LOVE”

“I don’t know yet with which tactical setup we shall play, because a lot will depend from the technical material we have. I would say that there is a solid basis, which is that of the 4-3-1-2 which can vary in identity. I think about an offensive game, which entertains and allows the players’ talents to give their best without losing consistency. Today the team which plays best in this sense is Barcelona, Italian football had various periods, I think for example about the 4-4-2 which were quite static and the consequent will, from the fans, to see a more entertaining football. I inspire myself to the Brazil’s game of Tele Santana, but those were the 80s, today you cannot do without the talent helped by the strength and battle because football has changed, it has become with more fighting spirit. Even a coach of my past like Guus Hiddink, lately has varied a bit his game module, imposing more on the physical strength. Changes will always be there. I admired a lot the Brazil of 1982, light in its game, with players who basically did not have exact duties and who had two full-backs who pushed forward a lot.

“In any case, this team has a solid base from where we can re-start and surely we will have incoming players. For example I’m very concentrated on the wings, on the push of the wingers that my team will have. Something in this sense will be made for sure. Kaka? He’s certainly a transfer market player, but I hope he can remain and re-start with him. Ronaldinho? He arrived with great enthusiasm and in the first six months he did very well, scoring also important goals. Then after the injury he found it difficult, he noticed how hard Italian football is and how much commitment there must be in the daily work. I think that this year it was very important for him to understand various things.”

“A PRESIDENT WHO DREAMS”

“President Silvio Berlusconi has always had words of encouragement for me, just like general manager Adriano Galliani. Our president is a person who dreams and close to him there is a club who is concentrated in making these dreams become reality.”

(we will play with wingers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) )

+Quote Post

pacang
post Jun 1 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #30

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,171

now that we have both ex-players at chelsea and milan, is it possible for a mutual agreement? say swap Essien with Seedorf?

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:41 PM