Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A ROSSONERI FOREVER

Rossoneri7
post Jun 2 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

The confirmation came on Thursday and it was music to our ears when we heard that Carlo Ancelotti had extended his contract with Milan until 2010

MILAN – Yesterday, [B]Carlo Ancelotti
and Adriano Galliani confirmed what we had already suspected was coming when the coach’s contract with Milan was extended until 2010. Here is what they had to say after the signatures had been put in place:

‘Milan are a family where no one leaves,' said Adriano Galliani outside the club’s Via Turati headquarters. 'Everyone does well in this unique, marvellous and stupendous world that is Milan.’

Regarding the possibility of surpassing the record that Nereo Rosso holds on the Rossoneri bench, Carlo Ancelotti replied: ‘I would like to become the coach with the most presences on the Milan bench. We are already on the right path. Now, there is this extension that I hoped for because I really like it here. It is just like a family and as always Doctor Galliani and I concluded things pretty quickly. We have a rapport that goes beyond the professional aspect and so things always go well.’ Until 2010? ‘Yes, June 30, 2010. Everyone knows that Milan wanted to keep me here and everyone knows that I wanted to stay.’

Galliani then added: ‘Carlo signed his first contract with Milan in 1987. We have twenty years of history.’ As for the players market: ‘Carlo has the highest level of talent to work with, then if it works out someone else will arrive.’ Ancelotti also eluded the question: ‘It doesn’t seem right to name names today because today is an important day for me. I have the opportunity of continuing this adventure and I want to continue to the best of my ability.’

The microphone was back in front of Ancelotti when he was asked about the comparisons with Sir Alex Ferguson and how unusual his contract extension is in the world of Italian football: ‘Strange things happen at Milan, this is a strange thing just like the things that have happened in recent years. Special things happen with these colours.’ Galliani laughed and added: ‘One historical event after another. As a player Carlo lost against Liverpool, he lost against Liverpool again as a coach. Then, as a coach he finally won against Liverpool. The results are here to see and they are without a doubt fruits of the great talent of Carlo Ancelotti and of the environment that has always held him in high esteem and appreciated him. This is the magic of Milan that continues and next year we will try for another. The next stop is Monte Carlo on August 31. Then the Club World Cup and as always the first objective which is the Champions Leauge and Serie A after that.'

An adjective that describes Carlo Ancelotti: ‘I wouldn’t use an adjective,' said Adriano Galliani. 'Above all I would say that Carlo entered into Milan’s family because the President had a sense about it as did everyone else, myself included. Carlo is one of us and this team is moving ahead.’

An adjective that describes Adriano Galliani: ‘He is a great official,' said Carlo Ancelotti. 'But above all he is a supportive person and I have felt his support during the difficult times and this is what counts.’ On the dark moments in November: ‘Another side would have had another discussion and Milan’s behaviour was the foundation in our winning in Athens.’
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 2 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

An adjective that describes Adriano Galliani: ‘He is a great official,' said Carlo Ancelotti. 'But above all he is a supportive person and I have felt his support during the difficult times and this is what counts.’ On the dark moments in November: ‘Another side would have had another discussion and Milan’s behaviour was the foundation in our winning in Athens.’

Carlo is the #1 coach. There is no denying this. NOW, no one can deny this !!

He has taken an old, aging, has-been, in need of youth, Shevchenko lacking team of Milan from -8 deficit to the CL final and took revenge over a highly motivated Liverpool side. And he did it in style (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

There is no doubt in my mind that is on his way to becoming a master tactician. Those who wanted him out, no one could have done what Carlo did this season. Especially this season.

+Quote Post

misha
post Jun 2 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Regarding the possibility of surpassing the record that Nereo Rosso holds on the Rossoneri bench, Carlo Ancelotti replied: ‘I would like to become the coach with the most presences on the Milan bench.

It's Nereo Rocco
(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/c/ce/Rocco.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 AM