> Serie A - Week 18 - Torino - Milan, Date: 10/01/2015 Time: 20:45 CET

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 12 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #91

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Why shouldn't we discuss possibilities? Because you think its thin air all the while your conclusions are what? Fundamentally founded?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 12 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #92

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Where the hell did this racism talk come from?

Muntari was acting like the petulant idiot that he truly is and we've seen this behaviour from him in the past.

There was no racism going on. No player or official mentioned anything of the sort. His reaction was a clear show of being p!ssed off at being subbed. Creating drama where there is none is needless, especially about something like racism

Anyway, I'm going to open the thread for the Coppa game, it totally slipped my mind that we'll be playing again tomorrow, and guess what, it's against our favourite team; Sassuolo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 12 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #93

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 11 2015, 12:42 PM) *
No, can't agree at all.

The inconsistency of the players we're seeing now has to do with what Danny is saying. You can't be consistent when there's continuous change

Who are the best performing teams? Ones that have a set 11, that know each other inside out and can pass to each other with their eyes closed. Teams that have chemistry. Look at Chelsea, Real, Barca, any top team basically. They don't rotate almost the entire 11 each week. We have not played the same back 4 2 games in a row, how can you have cohesion and chemistry in these conditions?

Monto, De Jong, Menez, DS, Mexes, Rami, Zapata, Alex, Bonaventura and Poli were all looking good before the break, Monto especially was really picking up form after what was a really bad injury that most players take an entire season to recover from. But these last 2 games he's been p!ss poor, just like the others I mentioned in the list.

These last 2 games since coming back have been awful to watch. A goalkeeper has nothing to do with it, his form is more dependant upon himself, and while Lopez is a top player, you can't bulk the others that I mentioned and call them mediocre because they don't seem to know what the hell their coach wants from them.

Playing a disjointed 4-3-3 with no wingers in sight, playing a midfielder as a winger/forward, playing Menez as a #9, playing Niang out of the blue, playing Muntari over and over again when he brings nothing but trouble to the table. The way we shaped up was just all wrong, before the break we were compact and kept our shape much better, now it's a disjointed mess, the midfield isn't helping the defence at all, and imo it's the major reason why DS had to make the tackle that he got sent off for, we were giving Toro so much space.

It was all just a mess and imo it was all down to Pippo's decisions and tactics. Simple as that

Sure we had a lot of coaches in the last few years and none of them could do anything with this team, but you have to look at who those coaches were. Since Carlo we've had 3 rookies who had absolutely no experience with coaching a pro side and Allegri.

Yes, I agree. Much of the blame goes on Pippo. But I think y'all are overrating our players. The kind of body language, nonchalance, the evident lack of someone truly standing out, no real grit and determination: it goes both sides. Inzaghi is most probably the one responsible, but I cannot see how this team could make a turnaround even with a seasoned coach.

And it's not that Inzaghi and Seedorf are complete strangers to modern football. They worked with some of the greatest coaches around, I wouldn't say they're completely green.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 12 2015, 08:23 PM
Post #94

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 12 2015, 08:10 PM) *
Yes, I agree. Much of the blame goes on Pippo. But I think y'all are overrating our players. The kind of body language, nonchalance, the evident lack of someone truly standing out, no real grit and determination: it goes both sides. Inzaghi is most probably the one responsible, but I cannot see how this team could make a turnaround even with a seasoned coach.

And it's not that Inzaghi and Seedorf are complete strangers to modern football. They worked with some of the greatest coaches around, I wouldn't say they're completely green.

Body language, determination, effort, and all these things come from a coach, just as much as tactical know how, preparation and cohesion/chemistry

These are all things that are very much dependant on the coach, and I'm sorry, but Pippo is failing at all these key ingredients that do make a great coach.

No one is overrating the players. Our players are what they are, but as Danny said, Serie A these days is what it is. And there should be no excuses for these performances. We're losing points against some of the worst teams in this league, because of complacency, lack of concentration and effort. That's all it is, on paper we're better than pretty much all the teams we lost points to bar Juve and Roma. There should be no excuses with regards to player quality, and I greatly disagree with you on the seasoned coach bit

A seasoned tactician that knows how to prepare his team both mentally and physically would make us into a sure 3rd placed team in this league. Aside from the tactical mess you surely have to notice that our players do not seem physically fit, especially when they play twice a week. They've all struggled every time our fixture list got a bit clogged and we are a team who supposedly want European football, meaning a fixture list that is far more physically demanding than the one we have this season

As for Pippo and Seedorf, I stand by what I said a few months ago, Seedorf for me was the more obviously talented coach of the 2. You could clearly see what he was working on with the team, I might not have agreed with some of his decisions, but he had a vision of how he wanted his team to play and he worked on it. Pippo clearly does not

However for me, their inexperience was still a crucial factor, it's one thing to be a player listening to a coach like Carlo, it's another thing to step into his shoes to take on his role and be successful at it. The fact that they're coming on and taking on a team that's been in disarray for quiet some time is the reason why their inexperience is such a major factor. Had we had a star studded side they could have slid by and relied on their stars to pull them through any jams, but we don't have that, so their decisions are far more crucial, and their lack of preparation and lack of experience is far more visible, because they simply do not have the know-how to make a proper, well-functioning team out of the good, but not great individuals that we have

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 12 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #95

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 12 2015, 07:57 PM) *
Why shouldn't we discuss possibilities? Because you think its thin air all the while your conclusions are what? Fundamentally founded?

Fillipo, now you're acting like a petulant child. What frigging possibilities? Like I said, if there was anything remotely close to racist abuse it would have been out already. Making stuff up is not discussing possibilities.

You want proof? Here's your goddamn proof: http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/altre-notiz...inattiva-632772

Last line. "Muntari's reaction was normal because he was subbed. I did it because he was booked". That's in the words of your precious Pippo.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 13 2015, 02:05 AM
Post #96

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 12 2015, 10:48 PM) *
Fillipo, now you're acting like a petulant child. What frigging possibilities? Like I said, if there was anything remotely close to racist abuse it would have been out already. Making stuff up is not discussing possibilities.

You want proof? Here's your goddamn proof: http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/altre-notiz...inattiva-632772

Last line. "Muntari's reaction was normal because he was subbed. I did it because he was booked". That's in the words of your precious Pippo.

Is it really childish to go some deeper and and expect some informations here? Isn't this one of the points of a forum anyway?

Oh, and thanks, that clears it probably up. Pippo almost apologized, which is beyond me.

Why do you call him my precious? Have you been infected by the ring? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 13 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #97

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 12 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Body language, determination, effort, and all these things come from a coach, just as much as tactical know how, preparation and cohesion/chemistry

These are all things that are very much dependant on the coach, and I'm sorry, but Pippo is failing at all these key ingredients that do make a great coach.

No one is overrating the players. Our players are what they are, but as Danny said, Serie A these days is what it is. And there should be no excuses for these performances. We're losing points against some of the worst teams in this league, because of complacency, lack of concentration and effort. That's all it is, on paper we're better than pretty much all the teams we lost points to bar Juve and Roma. There should be no excuses with regards to player quality, and I greatly disagree with you on the seasoned coach bit

A seasoned tactician that knows how to prepare his team both mentally and physically would make us into a sure 3rd placed team in this league. Aside from the tactical mess you surely have to notice that our players do not seem physically fit, especially when they play twice a week. They've all struggled every time our fixture list got a bit clogged and we are a team who supposedly want European football, meaning a fixture list that is far more physically demanding than the one we have this season

As for Pippo and Seedorf, I stand by what I said a few months ago, Seedorf for me was the more obviously talented coach of the 2. You could clearly see what he was working on with the team, I might not have agreed with some of his decisions, but he had a vision of how he wanted his team to play and he worked on it. Pippo clearly does not

However for me, their inexperience was still a crucial factor, it's one thing to be a player listening to a coach like Carlo, it's another thing to step into his shoes to take on his role and be successful at it. The fact that they're coming on and taking on a team that's been in disarray for quiet some time is the reason why their inexperience is such a major factor. Had we had a star studded side they could have slid by and relied on their stars to pull them through any jams, but we don't have that, so their decisions are far more crucial, and their lack of preparation and lack of experience is far more visible, because they simply do not have the know-how to make a proper, well-functioning team out of the good, but not great individuals that we have

Man you simply cannot write other then extensive, can't you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Well, we basically agree. Much of the blame goes on Pippo. The only thing I cannot agree with is that this team is a sure 3rd under an experienced coach. But hopefully I'm wrong.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 13 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #98

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 13 2015, 10:40 AM) *
Man you simply cannot write other then extensive, can't you? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Well, we basically agree. Much of the blame goes on Pippo. The only thing I cannot agree with is that this team is a sure 3rd under an experienced coach. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Nope (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Other than Inter who have their own issues, and maybe Napoli there isn't really any other team that stands out. Quality wise we're around the same level as Inter, maybe a step ahead of Napoli imo, so there really should be no excuses. So yeah, I do believe that an experienced, good coach would steer us to 3rd without much fanfare in this league

Yet we're losing points each week to teams that we should be winning against, without question.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:52 AM