Jack Sparrow
post Mar 21 2014, 06:34 AM
Post #16

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 21 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Italy can be saved, we're beyond repair until Silvio/Galliani go.

Hmm. I'm on the fence with this one. For me it's one or the other. If both go, what's the guarantee that we're not looking at a Vincent Tan situation.

I sound like an old foggie, but I don't like change if I have no guarantees that the changes will be better. We always make the mistake of assuming things can't get any worse, and then it's surprise mothafucka, shite gets deeper! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 21 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #17

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 21 2014, 09:34 AM) *
Hmm. I'm on the fence with this one. For me it's one or the other. If both go, what's the guarantee that we're not looking at a Vincent Tan situation.

I sound like an old foggie, but I don't like change if I have no guarantees that the changes will be better. We always make the mistake of assuming things can't get any worse, and then it's surprise mothafucka, shite gets deeper! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Oh but sh!t can get deeper, Im curious to see how far down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Linkman
post May 1 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #18

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,300

It's difficult to understand how a midfield with Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal can't cut it in CL.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 1 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #19

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Poor attempt by Juve. They attacked and attacked but couldn't produce jackshit.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Quite unlucky but doesn't it say it all when the Italian champions, the team who are once again running away with the league for the 3rd straight season, can't get past a very average Portuguese side?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 1 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2014, 10:08 PM) *
Quite unlucky but doesn't it say it all when the Italian champions, the team who are once again running away with the league for the 3rd straight season, can't get past a very average Portuguese side?

Now now han, very average Portuguese side? They're Portuguese champions, will play the Portuguese cup final and EL final. I'd say they're way above average.

The problem resides with Juventus themselves. The way they play might work in Serie A, but in two years we've seen that it doesn't cut it in Europe. Conte needs to abolish the 3-5-2 and sign a bunch of attacking midfielders. It's very obvious.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 1 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

There was talking in January they wanted Cuadrado and Cerci and move to a 4-3-3 next season. That'd mean Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna and Cacares for just 2 CB spots. I'd take whichever player they sold.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 1 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 1 2014, 10:19 PM) *
There was talking in January they wanted Cuadrado and Cerci and move to a 4-3-3 next season. That'd mean Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Ogbonna and Cacares for just 2 CB spots. I'd take whichever player they sold.

If I were in them I'd splash big money and sign Reus.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2014, 10:18 PM) *
Now now han, very average Portuguese side? They're Portuguese champions, will play the Portuguese cup final and EL final. I'd say they're way above average.

The problem resides with Juventus themselves. The way they play might work in Serie A, but in two years we've seen that it doesn't cut it in Europe. Conte needs to abolish the 3-5-2 and sign a bunch of attacking midfielders. It's very obvious.

Look at their line-up and compare it to Juve's. Just incomparable difference in quality, yet Juve struggle in both games

Benfica are decent, but winning their league and cup really doesn't say much, they were in our CL group last season and we handled them better. Says enough.

I think Juve have it too easy in the league and it effects them in Europe, add to that, they've never been a strong European side to begin with.

I do think the 3-man CB thing is a stone age system, agreed with you there and there is no reason why they should be using it

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 1 2014, 10:19 PM) *

Really Cerci? and Cuadrado?

What will buying those 2 achieve? They'll just buy 2 good players who do rather well in the league, which is the same as half of their current roster. All that would accomplish would be to keep them at the same level while weakening 2 Serie A sides. Like x-off suggested, they need some top class names in order to elevate themselves to the next level and compete seriously in the CL next season.

Buying those 2 wouldn't accomplish anything, in fact if I were a Juve fan, I'd see signing those 2 as a step backwards for a club that's aiming for more than just running away with the domestic league by January

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 2 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #25

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2014, 10:48 PM) *
Benfica are decent, but winning their league and cup really doesn't say much, they were in our CL group last season and we handled them better. Says enough.

What? No, they weren't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 2 2014, 06:16 AM
Post #26

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2014, 03:18 AM) *

Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Way above average, and a good team overall, Benfica.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2014, 03:18 AM) *

Very true. But I'm not sure they will. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Juventus have a certain mindset in place for a few years now, where they don't go for top world talent as readily as they stuff their squad with good to average names. And frankly my dear, I don't mind that. If it were any other Italian club (save for Udinese) I'd be supporting them.

And they probably could have have put in a better performance, really, yesterday had it come to it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 2 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #27

Italy just slipped into 5th place in the UEFA ranking, behind Portugal. Oh my...

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 2 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #28

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2014, 02:35 PM) *
Italy just slipped into 5th place in the UEFA ranking, behind Portugal. Oh my...

Sad, but expected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 2 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2014, 12:01 AM) *
What? No, they weren't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Really? I could have sworn they were...

Oops (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif) never mind... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 2 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #30

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ May 2 2014, 10:15 AM) *
Sad, but expected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

It's sad because it could have easily been avoided had Italian clubs taken the EL/UEFA Cup more seriously in the past

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:38 PM