> [INT] Under 23 And Below Thread

Tennie
post May 21 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #16

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

No, not Offredi (though he's fairly good). The one who plays for the team Evani's coaching so....U17s, I guess. Perucchini is the one, I think.

Same age as Albertazzi, but Albertazzi's already playing for the Primavera. (HE is supposed to be quite good).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 21 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #17

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 782

I know who you are talking about but forgot his name too!

He is very highly rated and i remember reading some time ago when he moved as a 15-16 year old that the bosses were happy they have a potential no 1 for such little money

On another note there were Juve Ultra/s at the match. I saw the Drughi flag (dead giveaway) Commentator spotted a Sampdoria flag but personally i didnt see it

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 21 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Nazionali

I have a bit of time so i will post my comments about the Azzurini match

The players were not always playing in positions for which they play in for their clubs. De Silverstre for example was playing as a LB/LM

In the first half the team managed to pass the ball well but lacked the killer pass, Pelle wasnt helping much by being slow and fairly static. That said Cigarini did display a nice array of passes but i already knew that. The RB (Motta i believe) had a good game but the rest of the defence was kinda shaky at times. They did eventually regain composure. Canini did not play so i cant comment on him yet

The Siena midfielder (Galloppa) had a good game, nice touches and runs. Cigarini played okay not his finest game, but not the worst i have seen either. Nocerino had a good game. He is a box to box midfielder who is very energetic. Sometimes i see shades of Gattuso in him, Juve will do well to keep him. Giovinco apart from looking like Wentworth Miller (which the commentator commented on too!) is the real difference. He is pretty short and isnt that strong, but can sometimes hold off challenges. Still not a physical presence. Udinese's Candreva while not playing too long did look good.

Attack i am not too convinced with Pelle did not play too good. He is a target man but never really excelled, Lanzafame when substituted on for Osvaldo (who was practically invisible) made an immediate difference. Initally he looks slow as he is fairly tall and strong however he has deceptive pace. Some very nice touches and unlucky not to score. Juve have a potential gem in him and i can see why he is rated highly

Overall not a brilliant performance, but potential is there. They started to gel at around the 60-70 minute mark. Italy are traditionally slow starters, so thats fine

I was dissapointed not seeing Canini play, buts that mainly because we have been linked with him. Coda - penalty aside - played well. I also wanted to see Alfonso play but Bassi did good especially with the penalty stop. I also would liked to see Dessena play but Nocerino seems to have more importance and rightly so, him being captain and all. They also play in similar positions so that was a problem. Galloppa could have given way for him, but im sure Casiraghi knows what he is doing

Next up for Italy are Turkey who played very well today, it will be an interesting duel

(IMG:http://www.juventus.eoleszyce.pl/wentworth%20img/wentworth-miller.jpg) (IMG:http://www.datasport.it/immagini/Giovinco(1).jpg)

Wentowrth Miller and Giovinco, but which one is which?

This post has been edited by whoarethepatriots: May 21 2008, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 22 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #19

Token Girl
Group Icon

I'm watching the replay of game now -- Fox has their better commentators doing the game (Miles & Richards) so it's palatable.

I hadn't realized just how tiny Giovinco is. He's extremely good, though, despite his lack of height. The Azzurini really are missing a good striker, though, with Pozzi and Acquafresca hurt, Pazzini graduated, and Pelle just not convincing. Osvaldo is surprisingly anonymous in this one; I'd expected better.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 22 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Italy tend to grow slowly in tournaments, i am sure by next match (against Turkey who will be a real threat) or the one after (against USA) they will start hitting their stride

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 22 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

France lost to Japan 2-1. They missed a lot of incredible chances and now the 4 times winner (in a row) are out of the tournament!

This post has been edited by morgoth: May 22 2008, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 22 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Japan are stronger than they look, first Holland now France

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 22 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 22 2008, 08:12 PM)
Japan are stronger than they look, first Holland now France

They're good but they also have 2 years more than the other teams all of them are 21 I think. Any way France missed too much and played like sh!t, they don't deserve, meanwhile Chile beat Holland 2-0 (Holland ended the game with red cards (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). I think that Holland is the weakest of the 4 sides, Chile in the other hand are really talented, they play the true south american football (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 22 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Chile do indeed play beautiful football

Standings for Group A after matchday two:

Chile 6
Japan 6
France 0
Netherlands 0

(Chile have greater GD)

Azzurrini are playing tomorrow against Turkey, it should be a good match and an interesting duel between Sahin and Giovinco

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 23 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #25

Token Girl
Group Icon

Watching France-Japan now. The second Japanese goal was scored by Catania's Morimoto. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) They do look a good team. The French...are just all over the place. I'm surprised.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 23 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #26

Giovanissimi Regionali B

U.S. 0-1 Ivory Coast.

I thought the Dutch was a bad team but the U.S. are even worst (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 23 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Token Girl
Group Icon

Yeah, it was a pretty bad display by the US team. That said, the good US kids (ie, Adu and Altidore) weren't in the team. They generally play with the NT now, not the U21/U23 team.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 23 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Italy-Turkey just started, there's two former youth Milan player on the pitch Marzoratti and Abate, and the Turkish are coached by a former Milan player Umit Davala (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 23 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Well well, Italy Turkey was full of drama. I will post detailed analysis later but final score was 2-1 to Italy with a late winner from Marchiso and three red cards (two to Turkey) Also Abate (Ex Primavera) impressed me alot today

+Quote Post

morgoth
post May 23 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Italy had a half of an occasion and scored twice (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The first two goals could have been saved by the keepers. Marchisio who gave the ball away stupidly when Turkey scored netted the winner with a beautiful striker from the 20m, so far all Italy goals have been scored by zebra players, Giovinco (2), Lanzafame and Marchisio (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

43 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:01 AM