> Serie A - Week 16 Onwards, Milan - SPAL

X-Offender
post May 12 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #316

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 12 2019, 08:55 PM) *
And I don't get what you mean when you say he f@cks up the simplest of passes. He holds up the ball well and generally brings teammates into play well. But the chances he's had so far were difficult ones to score from because they're not in good positions due to poor service. He's increasingly cutting a frustrated figure out there. It cannot be easy

No, he doesn't. He doesn't do anything well. Right now he looks like a Sunday league player, and that has nothing to do with service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 13 2019, 05:37 AM
Post #317

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 12 2019, 08:55 PM) *
I think you took me out of context there

I'm not saying that 3 players replace 1. I'm saying that Benzema and Bale haven't produced big numbers and Ronaldo's freakish self carried the load before. And I agree that Hazard won't replace Ronaldo's numbers, but with him and 2 other top quality players instead of Bale and Benzema, Real could replace the output of Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema with the output of the 3 new players if they buy correctly

What I mean is, if the season before this their output was CR7: 50, Benzema 10, Bale: 10, they replace them with 3 players who can score a combined 70 goals but more evenly spread as no one would be able to produce the kind of numbers Ronaldo did

Obviously it's not as simple as that, as it's more than just numbers, but taking Ronaldo's 50 goals out of the equation has definitely crippled Real, and my thinking is that their first order of business should be to bring players in who could produce those kind of numbers, maybe not individually but as a collective attacking force

Btw, those numbers are just an example, not their exact scoring tally

You do realise Benzema is 30 in 52 this season? He's obviously not picked up all the Ron slack but it's incredibly unfair to suggest he's not picked up big numbers. I take your point now but it still remains totally abstract. And intangible. The Real (and Barca) combination cannot be re-created because there's always going to be a star player in these teams. You can't put in 3 Hazards. Real just doesn't work like that.

I think scoring a goal from every single shot was unrealistic. No one has those kind of stats. It's telling that even then he was basically only being provided with a maximum of 1 or 2 chances per games and he was scoring off of them, even when most of them were half chances. His form has no doubt dropped but I always expected it to, because that was an unrealistic bar he was setting. The issue is that the service remained the same, and even got worse so combine his slight dip with the average of1 to 2 chances per game, and things were never going to remain at that kind of level

Form dips. Ability doesn't.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 13 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #318

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 9 2019, 10:37 PM) *
Both imo. But Bakayoko has my backing here and I'll explain why

This all started with the Acerbi shirt incident. The club did not back our players, they were making a joke, the club chose to fine him along with the league. Fine. It was not a malicious act but whatever.

Then Bakayoko suffers through a week of racist abuse including during the game where there were monkey chants and bananas being waved around. The lega said nothing, not even a slap on the wrist for Lazio and our club did not back Bakayoko either.

Then the late to training incident happened, where Bakayoko apparently had car trouble and arrived an hour late, a legit reason, but Gattuso decided to make an example out of him and fining him plus sending the entire team into a ritiro. Then is emerged that this over reaction from Gattuso came because all the players were not showing good discipline in training. So he used Bakayoko to make an example out of him

I get that he should come on when his coach asks him to, but you have to admit that the club and Rino have both been sh!tty to him. Not to mention how he must feel about the lega actions that were taken on him for holding up a shirt in jest, but nothing was done about the racist abuse hurled towards him

I wanted to reply to this, but forgot. IMO Bakayoko here is at fault. First, because it's been several times where he has misbehaved. Let's not forget, that it was Gattuso who defended him multiple times at the start of the season. And, is partly responsible for his transformation to a half-decent player. IMO this guy is poison..and I don't want him in the dressing room of Milan. He totally reminds of the problems between Jose and Pogba. I don't think he's that good to pay his fee, and his behavior isn't helping much. Wouldn't be sad to seeing him go. IMO, also, Gattuso is doing his job. We know his character. He can be direct, rude etc.. But, he won't play around and do petty stuff. Bakayoko must have pissed him and he sure as hell sees his attitude more than us. Let me just say that this is totally my opinion and is based on feelings and so is totally subjective.

This post has been edited by William405: May 13 2019, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #319

Allievi Regionali B

0-0 ...we need to win this if we want 4th place cmon!

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2019, 06:24 PM
Post #320

Allievi Regionali B

What a goal suso! 2-0 for Milan

We need Juventus to win.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #321

Let's see if Juve can make us a favor.

Though I am worried about the final outcome, even if we do manage to qualify. Looks like UEFA are inclined to ban us from all European competitions starting from next season because we haven't been FFP compliant for many years now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #322

Btw, I didn't know Abate is going to leave at the end of the season.

In these 10 years he's been an example of professionalism. Always working hard, always 100% dedicated to this shirt. And a very good RB as well, despite what some might say. Respect.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #323

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 08:53 PM) *
Let's see if Juve can make us a favor.

Though I am worried about the final outcome, even if we do manage to qualify. Looks like UEFA are inclined to ban us from all European competitions starting from next season because we haven't been FFP compliant for many years now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Doesn't seem like it... 1-0 for Atalanta.

I think, from what I read, that if we qualify for EL then we will not partipicate in order to settle some problems with UEFA.

However, if we do qualify for CL, then I think that we will try to solve the UEFA problems or accept other types of fines. Let's see though. It seems like we will not be able to qualify in the end. It is honestly impressive what Atalanta are doing with their limited resources and good coaching. Good job, they fully deserve it.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #324

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 08:57 PM) *

In these 10 years he's been an example of professionalism. Always working hard, always 100% dedicated to this shirt. And a very good RB as well, despite what some might say. Respect.

I think so. His contract is up. I agree with you. Great guy, I like him. Even though today, he costed us that penalty. ;P

+Quote Post

William405
post May 19 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #325

Allievi Regionali B

Juventus Atalanta 1-1!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 19 2019, 10:25 PM
Post #326

QUOTE (William405 @ May 19 2019, 09:14 PM) *
Juventus Atalanta 1-1!

Still they're ahead of us. And they play the last game at home vs Sassuolo, easy win.

Looks like it's gonna be between us and Inter in the end. Inter play Empoli at home who are in full race for not being relegated. Tough match for them, considering their bad form as well.

But I wouldn't give for certain our win vs SPAL either.

In the end, I think we'll finish 5th. What a bummer it would be, just for 1 measly point.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 20 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #327

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

An intense last round of Serie A for Milan, Atlanta, inter and Roma.

Taking it down the wire does create suspense like no other. But Atlanta deserve to take the CL place as they have been on a fenominal run. Much respect.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 20 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #328

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 06:57 PM) *

Best RB at the club since Cafu. Poorly treated and ditched because he wasn't glamorous enough. Probably the most underrated player at the club since we signed him.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 22 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #329

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 20 2019, 12:25 AM) *
Still they're ahead of us. And they play the last game at home vs Sassuolo, easy win.

Looks like it's gonna be between us and Inter in the end. Inter play Empoli at home who are in full race for not being relegated. Tough match for them, considering their bad form as well.

But I wouldn't give for certain our win vs SPAL either.

In the end, I think we'll finish 5th. What a bummer it would be, just for 1 measly point.

True true. But, let's see what happens! Football is surprising, sometimes!

All I know is we have to win vs SPAL to have any reasonable chance at all.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 22 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #330

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ May 20 2019, 12:11 PM) *
Best RB at the club since Cafu. Poorly treated and ditched because he wasn't glamorous enough. Probably the most underrated player at the club since we signed him.

Sure. It is kind of sad to see him go. Was amazing defensively in the Allegri era! Had some nice pace too!

This post has been edited by William405: May 22 2019, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 PM