dst
post Feb 22 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 02:35 PM)
Gila is disadvantaged cause of the skills he lacks . Carlo sees it  , I see it , the whole world sees it ... Go live in denial if you want . Im not blaming our system for his failure.

Carlo? Then why does he keep fielding him, many times ahead of Inzaghi?
The whole world? You think too much of yourself!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nova
post Feb 22 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 01:27 PM)
Exactly.
If we play with both Pirlo and Seedorf in the 3 behing Kaka then we need someone more stable then Brocchi in the DMF spot. I personally would like to see Emorson, he's getting back into form and has been more impressive then Rino and Ambro lately
Kaladze is just this strange unexplainable thing, he makes atleast 1 mistake per game and still starts for some strange reason, and a defender's mistakes are 50 times more costly then a striker's mistake since a mistake from him will 95% of the time result in us conceeding a goal.

If we had a decent replacement for him then I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be starting. But as things stand with our current team I don't see anyone who could replace him. But Paolo against Arsenal proved to Carlo that he should start in the center next to Nesta in the big ties and not Kaladze

See I cant have a discussion with someone who defends Gila and bashes kaladze at the same time. Cause when Kaladze playes good, its always thanks to nesta or whoever he's playing with. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'll stay in reality world where facts about Gila are all around us.

Cheers (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 22 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #33

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 02:45 PM)
Answer ? and who are you to make up the questions ?
Oehhhhh , Carlo chose Gila instead of Pippo . What an achievement !!!

You admitted when kaladze played well ??  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) cmon now ...
I dont have to praise Gila,  cause there is nothing to be praised about. kaladze has made some errors , so does Nesta. But you blow them up so childish with your " F*****ckkkkkkk Kaladzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , you dumb f*ckkkkeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go tohelllll pieve of sh!t  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)   (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)   " kinda comments.

All very very intelligent (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)   I at least have some respect when I criticise Gila.
Ohhh , now kaladze is playing cause of silvio's daughter. Djeezes Pana, whatever makes you happy ...

You are funny!

Now go to other forums and call me and han "milanfans" and ignorant losers because we have a different opinion than yours! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Oh wait you have done that already!

Have fun in your own little world boy!

This post has been edited by dst: Feb 22 2008, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 22 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #34

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Okay, guys.

BASTA. Or the fish doll will take away your μπισκότα. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Please, let's discuss the game between Milan and Palermo. This is one we need to win especially given that Fiorentina are 3 points ahead of us. Looks like we've got a chance to draw even and go into 4th.

+Quote Post

Nova
post Feb 22 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:46 PM)
Carlo? Then why does he keep fielding him, many times ahead of Inzaghi?
The whole world? You think too much of yourself!

Again ...

Ahead of a 34 yr old Inzaghi ?? Since when is that a feat ??

I think to much of myself ?? who made you the local shrink ?

+Quote Post

Nova
post Feb 22 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 01:54 PM)
You are funny!

Now go to other forums and call me and han "milanfans" and ignorant losers because we have a different opinion than yours! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Oh wait you have done that already!

Have fun in your own little world boy!

This started with me saying "gila who?" . Then i get attacked cause I have a different oppinion. Dont be a hypocrite pal !

+Quote Post

Ry4n
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2008, 12:55 PM)
Okay, guys.

BASTA. Or the fish doll will take away your μπισκότα.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Please, let's discuss the game between Milan and Palermo. This is one we need to win especially given that Fiorentina are 3 points ahead of us. Looks like we've got a chance to draw even and go into 4th.

we lost this last year (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) , but that was last year and i was in the stands when it happened (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) , i think we can win this one and some good news from Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb22h.html

Miccoli may miss Milan Friday 22 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo may be without key striker Fabrizio Miccoli for Sunday’s visit to San Siro to face Milan.

The Rosanero are looking to build on a win over Cagliari and haul reassert their UEFA Cup credentials as they take on the world champions.

However, they may need to manage without diminutive ace Miccoli after he missed training yesterday with a muscular problem.

The former Juventus man has been undergoing a course of physiotherapy, but the recovery time for such a problem is unclear.

Brazilian hitman Amauri will be present and is likely to be paired with Uruguayan starlet Edison Cavani.

Palermo stunned the Diavolo with a 2-0 triumph in this fixture last term and the Sicilians won 2-1 when the two sides met at the Stadio Renzo Barbera in Week 5.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
Post #38

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^

Actually Nova, the point me and my Hija tal-qalb are trying to make is that you're comparing two players on technique, and declaring one to be better.

None of us argue, that Pato's technical skills is 10x greater than Gila's. Pato is at a distinct advantage wherein, Milan's midfield is almost tailor made for him to play whether with a striking partner or without one. For instance...

1. Pato can run onto through balls like the Roadrunner(Meep meep!!) much better than Gila can. And this basically means, he's foil for Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka.

2. Pato can drift right out deep, and carry the ball up field, leaving Kaka and R99 ((IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) ) free to run up into space, and also thus Pato plays the very vital role of our very sorely missed second striker.

3. Pato adds marketability to Milan, as a bright youngster in an 'aging' Milan line up. In 4 matches, Europe doesn't talk of Krkic anymore. More jersey sales...and hopefully one mammoth TV contract. Too bad Nike won't allow a P7- The Mighty Duck clothing line. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

In contrast, you're asking a very valid question...wtf can that A-hole B-tard Gilardino do, besides gracing Milan dinners with his lovely girlfriend.

Gila can't do any of the three things Pato does, though he tries like hell for all three (even Point 3- the D&G calendar was superb). But yes Pato does do it better.

Now consider this, Milan's formation 4-3-2-1 is one we're playing out of necessity. It just somehow worked out, with Kaka playing as an SS, and we've stuck to it.

You have to admit, that as a sole striker in that lineup, Gila>>>Pippo. The match against Liverpool..was well two typical Pippo goals, but he contributed very little else to the plan.

The fact is in that X-Mas tree, let's just analyse what Gila's strengths are and how he fits in...

Gila DOES not do stepovers or lane changes or rabonas or sombreros or elasticos or the fanciful unicorn any more than Seedorf runs at defences at full speed. He's an old world Italian centre forward. A goal box player with some target man capabilites.

1. Gila holds up the ball for other players to run on for him to play to. And quite simply after Pirlo, he's the only person in our squad who can come close to staying with the ball longer than 5 seconds in a 5 metre radius. Maybe Seedorf...but you can't tell Clarence to do anything. Just like you can't go tell Da Vinci to paint you an elephant. He'll do what he faackin feels like.

So in connection, Gila's role is not to score, his role is to hold up that freakin ball, and wait for someone to play it onto. His role is also to be in the box as a threat run on and score from crosses (yes...those 'cheesy headers' you mentioned), and keep the other defenders busy or hold onto the ball long enough for Kaka/Seedorf to run onto.

So let us run run through this again...

1. Be a constant presence in and around the box--->Check
Unfortunately this comes out as being in the box doing nothing. When nobody really sees, the 3 defenders on his shirt, leaving Kaka space.

2. Score from crosses---> Check...kinda
From corners, Gila is the best we've got, since Sheva left. As for crosses, Milan's setup unfortunately requires our fullbacks to step up to the plate. And for the last two seasons(including this one), our fullback situation has been cr@p- at least offensively. From corners he's still doing the trick.

3. Hold onto the ball, graft in the field, generally work hard and be the gopher, so our mid-field can do stuff.--->Check.

So all in all, his role in the game plan he is doing pretty well. Now let's check out a few other things he's doing...

1. He does drift back into mid-field trying hard to help our sometimes constipated down the centre approach. When you would hardly expect a 'goal-poacher' to do.

2. He's alert enough to run onto pacy through balls and score. Udinese being the latest one I can think of.

3. If you look at it traditionally the true blue target men were meant to hold the ball for the centre forwards to run onto. Essentially Gila is not a target man. He's a centre forward in the Italian (not English) style. He is meant to be the dude DOING the running onto. In this case from a second striker or from a wing forward. Milan has neither. So Milan force Gila to play the position he cannot and convert Kaka to a centre forward or our main goal scoring threat. It's the same thing with Pato. Pato is not a true SS, he is also a primo punta. That Gila puts his head down and does the job is a big thing.

Coz...and I know misha will kill me for this, but take a look at Sheva when Jose played him out of position. Or Del Piero. Or Raul. None of them could contribute much. In Sheva's case, we make the declaration (is it some kind of favouritism, I dunno), that Sheva's presence pulled defenders off and made Drogba the phenomenon. But in Gila's case...he's useless?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

So then, here's what we're doing, we're putting in a nutshell a square nut into a round hole and hammering it as hard as possible till it goes in as much as it can. And then we turn around and say this nut is useless.

Either find a round nut or get a squarer hole.

^^^
That's one way.

The second...you buy Galliani's(at that it seemed to me) BS explanation.
'It's not written anywhere that a striker must score!'. We laughed rather bitterly then. But if you think about it makes sense. Is what we're doing now, any different from say what the Azzuri did in the World Cup??

What was Luca Toni's contribution as opposed to the mid-field's in lieu of attack. A brace in a match, with a school ground header and a kindergarten tap in. To be honest only Gila's and Pippo's goals in that entire tournament required any sort of 'typical forward skill'.

The forwards were there to pull the defenders off, so that mostly the mid-field could hold sway. Pirlo and Rino as motors in the centre and Totti and Camoranesi as spearheads. It worked...even though it was not mostly the mids who scored. The tactic worked. The defenders were pulled off by the strikers and the Azzuri lifted that cup. Of course I'm not saying this was the only thing the Italian NT did right, but it was one of the things.

Well...this has been a huge post, so I'm not gonna summarize a lot.

But I do believe I've answered what I felt were a few anti-Gila points u made.

1. That when he gets the ball, he plays it to Kaka rather than go for the play himself. It's his role. He did it to Paloschi too in that losing Coppa match.

2. Pato the wunderkind (right LaPalma?) can do it all on his own. To an extent...but he'll do it far better with Gila. He'll do it 1000x better than better if Gila is left in peace.

If Gila had been a useless piece of shite in the management's eyes...I have no doubts he would have left by now. The management does not own him anything in terms of sentimentality.Like for instance Cafu or Dida or Sergio. And as for that 17 mill euro deal. Puhleeze...Oli would still be here, if we cared that much for the bill than underperformance.

That is my view...and I understand perfectly why you would feel otherwise. Gila fits a tactical role. And he fits it well. Are there better players..yes...a thousand times yes.

For eg. As a target man...Gila would be better than say Bobo Vieri,except he lacks that vital ability to hold off defenders- turn-and-shoot. Defenders know Gila can't do that, so they can bravely clamber onto him, knowing that all he can do is play off to Kaka, who has meanwhile been nullified by a holding mid. So yes Gila is not perfect for that role. A Drogba or even a Berbatov would be much better.

If you wanna know why I support Gila so much, then this is it. Few strikers have been hated (in the history of Milan as a club!) more than Gilardino for doing the job his team wanted / asked him to do. A player of his talent, doesn't really need Milan much. Last season, a lesser professional would have flipped the bird, said...'Thanks ever so much for the CL...I'm off to Juve'...and we'd be hearing about Iaquinta still being in Udinese and Gila and Trez and Del Piero creating a new Serie A record.

A lesser professional would also not have said...'F@ck Calciopoli...I'll stick with Milan till Serie C2'.

So yes...my reasons for supporting Gila come from the heart and the head. But my reasons are my own, just like yours.

No offence...and please don't flame me. I'm just a talkative wimp. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Feb 22 2008, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 22 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #39

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 03:37 PM)
Gila was chosen by Ancelotti to replace Pato in the game at Emirates ahead of Pippo... that either means that Gila is not as bad as some biased people want to think or that Carlo is stupid... your call!

Definitely because Gila had a better physique and match fitness compared to 34yo Pippo.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 22 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2008, 12:31 PM)
Paolo does not need to prove anything to anyone. Kaladze is not even worthy of looking at him! Even so, God still has agreed to play at LB so that Silvio's favorite can fit in the squad!

It seems like he does lately with Kaladze starting in the center and him on the left when Kaladze has no buisness playing ahead of Paolo.

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:35 PM)
I'm not defending Pippo . He missed some great chances too. BUT , that doesnt make Gila any better then him.

I didn't say that you defend Pippo, I'm just saying that when Pippo misses guilt edged chances you don't seem to mind that but when Gila does it it's like the end of the world. It's like when you accuse of dst because of his double standards towards Kaladze, but in reality you do the same thing.

To say he scored 2 important goals in Athens , but we wouldnt be there if it wasnt for kaka. Thats hypocritical . Cause if it was Gila who had scored , you wouldnt even mention Kaka as an excuse for Inzaghi's goals and praise him for that achievement.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say that, I may defend Gila but I'm not blinded to the reality of the situation. Even if it was Nesta who scored the goals against Liverpool I would still say it was Kaka that dragged us through the competition, especially since Nesta missed half of the thing through injury. Noone can deny that last season's CL win was about 75% down to Kaka's brilliance, especially when the team played like cr"p from back to front and he had to drag them through by their hair on his own.

And lets not switch the subject . And why you keep comparing Gila with Pippo ?

Because thier situation is the same, both he and pippo struggle in the xmas tree, Poto doesn't because he is a different type of striker to them so I can't see how it is ok for you to compare Pato and Gila together but not ok for me to compare Gila and Pippo together.

The only difference is that you see it fit to criticise Gila when he does nothing in the formation but it's ok if it's Pippo that does nothing because he's Pippo.

Gila is disadvantaged cause of the skills he lacks . Carlo sees it  , I see it , the whole world sees it ... Go live in denial if you want . Im not blaming our system for his failure.

As dst said, then why doesn he keep playing him??
Gila is disadvanaged because he is not the type of striker that can play in that system neighter is Pippo!!!

And I'm not in denail, it is a fact. When Gila start playing like he does in the xmas tree when he plays with a supporting striker then I will agree with you, but for now it's pretty obvious what the problem is.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 22 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #41

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 03:02 PM)
This started with me saying "gila who?" . Then i get attacked cause I have a different oppinion. Dont be a hypocrite pal !

Nice little quibble there! You got attacked? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) OK then, since you feel that way... now go tell your friends. At least when I have something to say, I don't say it behind your back!

+Quote Post

Nova
post Feb 22 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:07 PM)
It seems like he does lately with Kaladze starting in the center and him on the left when Kaladze has no buisness playing ahead of Paolo.
I didn't say that you defend Pippo, I'm just saying that when Pippo misses guilt edged chances you don't seem to mind that but when Gila does it it's like the end of the world. It's like when you accuse of dst because of his double standards towards Kaladze, but in reality you do the same thing.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say that, I may defend Gila but I'm not blinded to the reality of the situation. Even if it was Nesta who scored the goals against Liverpool I would still say it was Kaka that dragged us through the competition, especially since Nesta missed half of the thing through injury. Noone can deny that last season's CL win was about 75% down to Kaka's brilliance, especially when the team played like cr"p from back to front and he had to drag them through by their hair on his own.
Because thier situation is the same, both he and pippo struggle in the xmas tree, Poto doesn't because he is a different type of striker to them so I can't see how it is ok for you to compare Pato and Gila together but not ok for me to compare Gila and Pippo together.

The only difference is that you see it fit to criticise Gila when he does nothing in the formation but it's ok if it's Pippo that does nothing because he's Pippo.
As dst said, then why doesn he keep playing him??
Gila is disadvanaged because he is not the type of striker that can play in that system neighter is Pippo!!!

And I'm not in denail, it is a fact. When Gila start playing like he does in the xmas tree when he plays with a supporting striker then I will agree with you, but for now it's pretty obvious what the problem is.

Cause he's out of options ? An injured ronaldo , an aged Pippo , a newbie Paloschi ?

He is getting benched you know .

Btw , Nice post !

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 22 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 12:53 PM)
See I cant have a discussion with someone who defends Gila and bashes kaladze at the same time. Cause when Kaladze playes good, its always thanks to nesta or whoever he's playing with. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'll stay in reality world where facts about Gila are all around us.
Cheers  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I don't see how that comment is "bashing" Kaldze, I only said a fact, Kaladze averages about one mistake per game and in his position it is costly, I don't see how you call that bashing.

QUOTE (Nova @ Feb 22 2008, 01:02 PM)

It did not start with you saying 'Gila who' it always starts with you putting snide comments about Gila and actually bashing him, no matter what he does you bash him. Atleast if dst or I or anyone else here says anything about Kaladze it usually comes from him making a serious mistake that usually costs us. Your dislike for Gila just seriously gets to me that's all. It's like you're constantly scoping him out to see what you can criticise about him, he can't put a foot wrong and you're already laying into him.

And I'm not someone that idolises Gila, far from that, I even say when he does something stupid like miss an easy chance and it makes me angry, but I don't lay into him like you do just for the pure fact that I don't like him

+Quote Post

Nova
post Feb 22 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 22 2008, 02:14 PM)
I don't see how that comment is "bashing" Kaldze, I only said a fact, Kaladze averages about one mistake per game and in his position it is costly, I don't see how you call that bashing.
It did not start with you saying 'Gila who' it always starts with you putting snide comments about Gila and actually bashing him, no matter what he does you bash him. Atleast if dst or I or anyone else here says anything about Kaladze it usually comes from him making a serious mistake that usually costs us. Your dislike for Gila just seriously gets to me that's all. It's like you're constantly scoping him out to see what you can criticise about him, he can't put a foot wrong and you're already laying into him.

And I'm not someone that idolises Gila, far from that, I even say when he does something stupid like miss an easy chance and it makes me angry, but I don't lay into him like you do just for the pure fact that I don't like him

First of all , you dont have to speak in dst's name (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Plus , dst bashes kaladze aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time. If its an news article about him , a video posted , a picture ... everything !

I dont bash Gila, I criticise , and I try to stay calm.

Im still waiting for Gila to prove me wrong btw.

+Quote Post

Il Capitano
post Feb 22 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #45

PatoMania

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 142

@Jack sparrow

I do agree with most of what U said about Gila except for "Gila's role is not to score". His job as u said is to hold on to the ball but it's also to score. He should score at least 16 goals in the league.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:28 PM