> 13/02/08 - Serie A - AC Milan vs. Livorno

Warchant
post Feb 12 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

AC Milan can move into fourth place in the table if they pick up maximum points in their rearranged Game Day 16 match on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri host Livorno and know that a win would take them a point ahead of Fiorentina who currently occupy the fourth and final Champions League spot.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti is in no doubt what he expects from his team and said: "Our aim this season on the domestic front is to finish fourth and it's a task that we hope to achieve by beating Livorno."

Although Alexandre Pato is still out injured, another 18-year-old, Alberto Paloschi, scored the only goal of the game against Siena on his debut last weekend.

Ancelotti confirmed that the teenager would play some part in proceedings at the San Siro and may even start if Filippo Inzaghi did not recover from his exertions on Sunday, in a partnership with Alberto Gilardino who is available after a one-game suspension.

He said: "If Inzaghi is not ready then Paloschi will start otherwise he is on the bench and Inzaghi is in."

The confidence shown to a player who was only promoted from the youth team after Pato twisted his ankle at Fiorentina, raises questions over Ronaldo's future.

The Brazilian has not been named in the squad although Ancelotti claimed it was so the striker could undergo some extra training ahead of Saturday's fixture at Parma.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 12 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Hopefully Yoann will get some time

Imo our best bet would be to try this out

Oddo--Bonera--Kala--Favalli
----Ambro---Pirlo--Yoann----
-------------Seedorf-----------
--------Paloschi--Gila---------

Try to get an early goal and close the game off with a second goal as soon as possible.

I think Gila and Polaschi won't have any trouble playing with eachother, Paloschi is not a pure in box striker like Gila and I think they will adapt their game with eachoter's very easily. Hopefully Gila will score his first goal in the San Siro in Serie A which is pretty strange that he's only managed to score goals away from home in the league

Seedorf needs to play in that hole between the strikers, that 4-4-2 system has never worked for us and I can't see it working now when we're missing most of our first 11 players. Seedorf will provide the support for the strikers something that we were sevearly laking in the game against Siena

And Rino should come on sometime in the second half to stretch his legs a bit, because he needs to be rested on Sunday but not be too rusty for the game against Arsenal, so about 30 minutes in this game should do him good

+Quote Post

august_milan
post Feb 13 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #33

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,908

i dont think we should risk playing gauttso, mabe agaist parma to let him run around for a couple minutes but deff not worth riskin in my opinion....plus carlo doesnt usually field players fresh off injurys unless there badly needed, we have many players to play there. must say im suprised not to see emerson and brocchi in the line up...more so emerson cuz he didnt play last game where as brocchi picked up a knock in the last game....hopefully gourcuff gets to play instead of serginho who really did nothing for us last game.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 13 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #34

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Here's Controcampo's probable formation:

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Gilardino, Paloschi

And here's goal.com's:

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Paloschi, Gilardino

Looks like there's general agreement. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Feb 13 2008, 01:32 AM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 782

That line up looks pretty good. Gila at least has a partner to play with

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Feb 13 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,240

If Rino starts.. hope Gourcuff replaces him at HT to limit his minutes.

+Quote Post

sansiro1708
post Feb 13 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #37

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,321

doubt rino will start

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Feb 13 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #38

Best substiton player :)

Member No.: 1,810

QUOTE (august_milan @ Feb 13 2008, 01:30 AM)
i dont think we should risk playing gauttso, mabe agaist parma to let him run around for a couple minutes but deff not worth riskin in my opinion....plus carlo doesnt usually field players fresh off injurys unless there badly needed, we have many players to play there. must say im suprised not to see emerson and brocchi in the line up...more so emerson cuz he didnt play last game where as brocchi picked up a knock in the last game....hopefully gourcuff gets to  play instead of serginho who really did nothing for us last game.

sergio was the best player on the pitch until carlo subed him...he and janku look great on the left side, you must know that sergio is still are best crosser after pirlo

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 13 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #39

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 13 2008, 04:02 AM)
That line up looks pretty good. Gila at least has a partner to play with

I'm not sure if Palo can support Gila. from what I've seen, their style of play is very similar...

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 13 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #40

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 10:10 AM)
I'm not sure if Palo can support Gila. from what I've seen, their style of play is very similar...

They did look bad when they played together in the Coppa game. It can't be worse than Pippo-Gila anyway...

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Feb 13 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #41

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,757

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 13 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #42

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 13 2008, 02:43 PM)
They did look bad when they played together in the Coppa game. It can't be worse than Pippo-Gila anyway...

Gila-Pippo is... disaster! (IMG:http://i25.tinypic.com/2md56j8.gif)

I think it's better we play with a lone striker [Gila] and if he failed, sub him with Paloschi... their combination is not a good idea imo.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 13 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #43

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti talked about Ronaldo's condition and the race for fourth place in Serie A.

Carlo Ancelotti looked back on last weekend's 1-0 home victory over Siena, a match during which Ronaldo did not seem to be in a very good physical condition.

The Milan coach explained the Brazilian's situation as follows: "On Sunday he was not in a very good shape to play, if I'd had other options he would not have played.

"Putting [match-winner Alberto] Paloschi in from the first minute seemed excessive, I did not want to put too much pressure on him," he said.

"On Sunday I appreciated Ronie's effort, despite the fact that he was not doing so well. If Ronaldo gets back to his best condition, his contract will be extended. He has physical problems because of a long series of injuries."

With Kaká and Alexandre Pato out injured and Filippo Inzaghi still recovering from an injury, Milan are experiencing another alarming shortage of options up front.

"Now we have Inzaghi back, Kaká and Pato will be back within a week. At the moment we can afford not to have Ronaldo in his best condition," he continued.

Tomorrow Milan will have the chance to get back in fourth place if they beat Livorno, and Ancelotti underlined the importance of achieving that objective: "Getting into fourth place now could be an advantage, but we know that it will be battle until the end, we are facing some great opponents."

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 13 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #44

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 02:26 PM)
Gila-Pippo is... disaster! (IMG:http://i25.tinypic.com/2md56j8.gif)
I think it's better we play with a lone striker [Gila] and if he failed, sub him with Paloschi... their combination is not a good idea imo.

Oops my mistake, I meant Paloschi and Gila looked comfortable together in the Coppa. I think they should start, Gila upfront alone is not going to get us anywhere!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 13 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #45

Primavera

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 13 2008, 05:02 PM)
Oops my mistake, I meant Paloschi and Gila looked comfortable together in the Coppa. I think they should start, Gila upfront alone is not going to get us anywhere!

I have not seen them play together. maybe they do well together; we'll see tonight.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:02 PM