> 20/1/08 - Serie A - Udinese vs Milan

Ry4n
post Jan 18 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 18 2008, 05:11 PM)
They are much better then Napoli in defence that's for sure. I'm praying that R9 is fit for the game, because he thrives on tight spaces and if Udine play a closed match we will find it easier to break them down with him.

And I can't see them going full out attack against us, no matter what their usual style is

im just glad gattuso is playing this match he can shutdown Di natale (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 18 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #32

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 18 2008, 11:14 PM)
im just glad gattuso is playing this match he can shutdown Di natale  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I hope so, but Gattuso has not been in a great form this season...

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 18 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 18 2008, 07:50 PM)

true but i really just think he needed a rest , let hope hes rested now and he can regane his form back starting with Udi

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Jan 18 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #34

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

lets hope our Ivan 'the Great' doesnt get sent off...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 18 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jan 18 2008, 07:50 PM)

One of the big reasons we've been having problems this season imo

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 18 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #36

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 18 2008, 10:54 PM)
true but i really just think he needed a rest , let hope hes rested now and he can regane his form back starting with Udi

Gennaro had been one of our best players, year after year pushing the team and giving a helping hand.

I don't think it's a matter of form, I think he just needs to recharge his batteries.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 18 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 18 2008, 08:56 PM)
Gennaro had been one of our best players, year after year pushing the team and giving a helping hand.

I don't think it's a matter of form, I think he just needs to recharge his batteries.

thats what i said lol in a way

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jan 18 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #38

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Serie A Preview: Udinese-Milan -- goal.com preview

Sitting Pretty, For Now At Least

Udinese, amazingly, are currently sitting in fourth place in the Serie A table. After a respectable tenth place finish last season, they nearly lost their top two strikers over the summer, with both Antonio Di Natale and Fabio Quagliarella coming close to exiting for bigger clubs (names such as AS Roma, Milan and Manchester United were frequently mentioned). However, neither striker left, with the club doing everything they could to hold onto two of the hottest properties in Italian football.

This term, the two strikers have prospered in Udinese’s fearsome three-pronged attack (usually alongside either Asamoah Gyan or Simone Pepe), with each having scored seven goals so far.

Regarding their standing, how long can they keep it up? With Fiorentina right on their heels and Milan sure to start gaining ground on everyone due to the backlog of fixtures they have, Udinese will be hard-pressed to hang onto this lofty position.

All hope is not lost, however. A stingy defense, which has only given up three goals or more on two occasions this season, has been the most-reliable part of the squad. With the attack not always firing on all cylinders, the backline is what has kept them in many of their matches.

Out With the Old, In With the New

This Sunday marks the twenty-third anniversary of Paolo Maldini’s debut in the Milan first team. All the way back on January 20, 1985, then sixteen year old Maldini came on for the second half away to Udinese (the match finished at one goal apiece), in what would be the beginning of one of the most-successful careers in football history. And this Sunday, in front of the entire world, Paolo Maldini returns for the last time as a player to the place where he began his career.

While Milan captain Paolo Maldini winds down the last few months of his career, Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato made his own debut just last Sunday, and what a debut it was! He had told the press he was going to score, and he made good on that prediction by getting his first Milan goal in the 74th minute, in Milan’s 5-2 win over Napoli (although, he did initially predict he would score twice).

Milan’s attack has been laboring all season long, and this young, energetic striker is just what they needed. The way he combined with Kakà (who scored in the very same match) and Ronaldo (he scored twice on his return from a long injury layoff) bodes well for the Milan as they try to climb up the Serie A table and defend their Champions League crown.

FORM GUIDE (last five fixtures)

Udinese

12/15 Catania 2-0 Udinese Serie A

12/19 Udinese 0-0 Palermo Coppa Italia

12/23 Udinese 2-2 Empoli Serie A

1/13 Cagliari 0-1 Udinese Serie A

1/16 Palermo 0-1 Udinese Coppa Italia

Milan

12/16 Milan 4-2 Boca Juniors World Club Cup

12/20 Milan 1-2 Catania Coppa Italia

12/23 Inter 2-1 Milan Serie A

1/13 Milan 5-2 Napoli Serie A

1/16 Catania 1-1 Milan Coppa Italia

TEAM NEWS

Udinese have two absentees, both through suspension. Felipe was sent off in the first half of last Sunday’s away victory against Cagliari. The other player missing out is Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler, for yellow card accumulation.

Milan will be missing Andrea Pirlo, due to the amount of yellow cards he has received. As far as the fitness of the squad is concerned, manager Carlo Ancelotti should have plenty of choices for the lineup with nearly everyone fully-fit.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) – He is joint top-scorer for his club this season, with seven goals. He has now cemented a place for himself in the Azzurri setup, and could shine this Sunday in Udinese’s trident attack against a Milan defense which can lack focus from time to time.

Alexandre Pato
(Milan) – Following his debut last Sunday, he will again be expected to dazzle by showing ability beyond his tender years. The goal he scored last weekend in his debut only added more pressure.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Udinese (3-4-3): Handanovic; Zapata, Coda, Lukovic; Mesto, D’Agostino, Eremenko, Dossena; Pepe Di Natale, Quagliarella

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini; Kakà; Pato, Ronaldo

PREDICTION

Milan have fared well against Udinese in recent seasons, winning this particular fixture last season by a score of 3-0. Although this year’s version of Udinese is quite a bit better, the new-look Milan frontline could very well become the most-feared in all of Italy, if not the world.

This match will not be as open as Milan's 5-2 win over Napoli last Sunday, so don't expect quite as many fireworks.

Udinese 0-2 Milan

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 18 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #39

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jan 19 2008, 12:27 AM)
thats what i said lol in a way

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And i was of the same opinion

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 18 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 18 2008, 10:05 PM)

so we are on the same page wicked (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

what do you think the score will be tomrow as everyones saying it going to be a tight match and presuming Ronaldo is fit to play most of the game

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Jan 18 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

1:2 Milan. Both Kaka goals, one from a penalty kick.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 18 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

0:2. Kaka' and... Kaladze! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 18 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #43

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Am I the only one who feels Pato will score again?!...

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Jan 19 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Ronaldo Kaka, Di Natale (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jan 19 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

all three that scored against Napoli except Pato but Pato to set up all three goals

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Jan 19 2008, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:12 AM