Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 16/1/2008 - Coppa Italia - Catania vs Milan

kurtsimonw
post Jan 17 2008, 05:24 AM
Post #166

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I agree with you that he's giving Carlo no reason to play him in the league. But even so, he should still be starting, I can't see what R9 and Pippo have done that he hasn't. In terms of strikers in Milan at the moment, it's not about who's done enough to start, it's more who hasn't done enough so they shouldn't be playing.

But I have no problem with R9 starting up front with Pato, I think Alex will improve his game playing alongside Ronnie!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

misha
post Jan 17 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #167

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

For one thing, R9 when he's playing = goals or/and efficiency for the team. When you have an important game (like even vs Udinese for example) it's obvious who (any) coach is gonna pick. If you want to start then you better use the chances you get or sit on the f@cking bench and wait for another injury problems.

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Jan 17 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #168

Best substiton player :)

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,810

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 17 2008, 06:05 AM)
Yes, and that's his confidence problem in my opinion.

Gila is NEVER going to be any use to us if we play him in..
1) Coppa games where he's playing with average players, not getting the proper service that Pato and Ronaldo are getting.
2) Games where he's stuck up front on his own.

Play him with Pato and Kaka' and we'll see him improve, like he did with Sheva. Otherwise we may as well sell him and watch him come big for Juve or something.

exactly...he's just not a type of lone player, at least not in our tactic...he was a "lone" player in parma, but had attacking winger from both sides. It may be a stupid comparisment, but like in basketball you can't expect CENTRE to score 30 point per game if he doesn't have the right support...

+Quote Post

dst
post Jan 17 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #169

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 17 2008, 06:35 AM)
For one thing, R9 when he's playing = goals or/and efficiency for the team. When you have an important game (like even vs Udinese for example) it's obvious who (any) coach is gonna pick. If you want to start then you better use the chances you get or sit on the f@cking bench and wait for another injury problems.

But Ronaldo was never used alone... I mean, Gilardino might not be the best forward there is but whenever Ronaldo was fit, Carletto fielded both him and Gila and never the Brazilian alone. That is telling in my opinion... if he was crap he would just leave him out and play with R9...

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Jan 17 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #170

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

This is what Carlo had to say after the match:

"Even though we didn't qualify it was a good match for the effort we put in and the way we played it. We started a bit slowly, but then in the second half we played well. Unfortunately we did not take advantage of our numerical superiority because of two mistakes by Gattuso.

Paloschi did very well on the goal, once again he showed he has good qualities and I think he's a player who should be helped.

Now we must think about doing well in the league, already at Udine on Sunday and then there are three more important games and the Coppa Italia involvement could have got us in trouble, now we have the opportunity to prepare better."

------------------------------

In other words he wanted to say: We wanted to get knocked-out! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 17 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #171

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 17 2008, 07:16 AM)
Confidence or not confidence he received enough of good passes today and should have done better. You want a place in the first 11? then you should know how to prove it in a games like this, instead of giving Carlo another reason to not play him in the leagie. Nobody is gonna wait X games till he gets his mojo back, especially when important games coming up and players like Pato And Ronaldo are ready to do the job.

I totally think uv got a point there ... But on another note, Ronaldo and Pippo wont be playing every 3 days, so Gila will get chances to play (and though I hate the prospect of that), I 'hope' he can finally get his scoring boots back on (If he can find them (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ).

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 17 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #172

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^^

He only wears them when he's with Alice. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Looking at Pato on and off the field, it's obvious Ale never takes it off.

And Pippo and Ari's b!tch obviously take theirs off when they leave the field

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

But honestly..I think Gila should play, now that he's finally got the system to play in.

I agree with kurt and *shudder* dst...he IS not a creative forward. And in Milan, he's played very little with winger forwards.

It's not fair that Sheva gets excused for being stuck in a system that doesn't suit him, while Gila gets the stick.

*Waits for my Israeli pal to come out with his Uzis(Btw misha..I got this e-mail forward of girls in the Israeli army. Hotttttttt!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) )*

I think Gila should play alongside R99 and/or Pato. He fills in for the type of striker that we don't have. He might not be the out and out poacher Pippo is, but he does hold the ball, and he never ever stops trying(something that can't always be said about Pippo). I think Gila is just getting better and better. And he's got one of the cutest WAG in Italy. Gila stays. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@Mo: Don't hurt me bro...at the most you'll just have to hold on till June...till the verdict's out on Gila. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jan 17 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #173

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 17 2008, 04:05 AM)
Yes, and that's his confidence problem in my opinion.

Gila is NEVER going to be any use to us if we play him in..
1) Coppa games where he's playing with average players, not getting the proper service that Pato and Ronaldo are getting.
2) Games where he's stuck up front on his own.

Play him with Pato and Kaka' and we'll see him improve, like he did with Sheva. Otherwise we may as well sell him and watch him come big for Juve or something.

I agree, he does not have the characteristics to play upfront on his own

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 17 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #174

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 17 2008, 11:25 AM)
But honestly..I think Gila should play, now that he's finally got the system to play in.

I agree with kurt and *shudder* dst...he IS not a creative forward. And in Milan, he's played very little with winger forwards.

It's not fair that Sheva gets excused for being stuck in a system that doesn't suit him, while Gila gets the stick.

Exactly. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And this is just a case of one rule for one player, and a different rule for others. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jan 17 2008, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 17 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #175

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 17 2008, 03:56 AM)
He also missed a few easy chances even in the second half like a 1on1 that any striker should convert to a goal.

I do agree that I was p!ssed off at that. He should have scored that, but I always see the treatment Gila gets from some on here as extremely unfair. People on here still defend guys like Dida and Kaladze with every breath day take. And when they screw up it's usually much more concequential to the the team when Gila misses a chance like that.

And as dst, kurt and the old Cap'n have said, Gila this season hasn't been given the ideal system to work in, he's always played in the xmas tree formation when we all know he can't do sh!t with it, and neither does Pippo to be fair.

I think given the chance to play along side Pato or Ronnie, we will see a vast improvement in his game. When he's played next to guys like Sheva or Ronaldo he's always done great and I expect him to do well with Pato to once they start playing together.

The fact is though that we need to forget Gila as someone being our Sheva replacement, someone that can shoulder the team on his own with his goals. And we also need to stop thinking of Gila as some sort of complete striker that can dribble from one end to the pitch to the other and then score a screamer from the edge of the box. He's a box striker, and when playing the xmas tree formation you need someone that is more then that for it to work. If we're going to play with one striker and it's going to be Gila then we would have to adapt a system that involves wingers, that would be much more suited to Gila's play.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 17 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #176

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 17 2008, 07:21 PM)
I do agree that I was p!ssed off at that. He should have scored that, but I always see the treatment Gila gets from some on here as extremely unfair. People on here still defend guys like Dida and Kaladze with every breath day take. And when they screw up it's usually much more concequential to the the team when Gila misses a chance like that.

And as dst, kurt and the old Cap'n have said, Gila this season hasn't been given the ideal system to work in, he's always played in the xmas tree formation when we all know he can't do sh!t with it, and neither does Pippo to be fair.

I think given the chance to play along side Pato or Ronnie, we will see a vast improvement in his game. When he's played next to guys like Sheva or Ronaldo he's always done great and I expect him to do well with Pato to once they start playing together.

The fact is though that we need to forget Gila as someone being our Sheva replacement, someone that can shoulder the team on his own with his goals. And we also need to stop thinking of Gila as some sort of complete striker that can dribble from one end to the pitch to the other and then score a screamer from the edge of the box. He's a box striker, and when playing the xmas tree formation you need someone that is more then that for it to work. If we're going to play with one striker and it's going to be Gila then we would have to adapt a system that involves wingers, that would be much more suited to Gila's play.

Exactly !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Thank you (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:23 AM