Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2017

X-Offender
post May 22 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #166

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

This article says we're interested in signing Biglia, whereas Keita is closer to Juventus.

I really hope Biglia isn't our answer in midfield. He's not the creative player that we need. What we truly need is a Pjanic/Modric/Fabregas level of genius that can elevate our entire midfield output. Biglia is a slightly better Montolivo, nothing exciting.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 22 2017, 08:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 22 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #167

Honda has announced that he's leaving Milan.

Hopefully the #10 shirt sees a rightful owner after the embarrassments of Boateng and Honda.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post May 22 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #168

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2017, 04:14 PM) *
Honda has announced that he's leaving Milan.

Hopefully the #10 shirt sees a rightful owner after the embarrassments of Boateng and Honda.

Jack to get the #10 or someone new?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 22 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #169

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2017, 08:10 PM) *
This article says we're interested in signing Biglia, whereas Keita is closer to Juventus.

I really hope Biglia isn't our answer in midfield. He's not the creative player that we need. What we truly need is a Pjanic/Modric/Fabregas level of genius that can elevate our entire midfield output. Biglia is a slightly better Montolivo, nothing exciting.

Most outlets are saying that we're close to Keita. It seems sky and Pedulla will be the outlets to follow this summer, mediaset have been completely off base recently.

Anyway, the last thing I read on twitter was that Lazio Channel reported that Mirabelli and Fassone are in Rome and they're discussing both Keita and Biglia

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 22 2017, 08:46 PM) *
Jack to get the #10 or someone new?

Nah, Jack is not a #10 imo. We need a proper maestro to adorn that shirt once again

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 22 2017, 10:18 PM
Post #170

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

What happened to Kessie?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 22 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #171

QUOTE (Danny @ May 22 2017, 10:18 PM) *
What happened to Kessie?

Last I read we had reached an agreement with both Atalanta and the player. Nothing official yet.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 23 2017, 07:09 AM
Post #172

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2017, 11:08 PM) *
Last I read we had reached an agreement with both Atalanta and the player. Nothing official yet.

They probably won't make it so until the season is over, same goes for Rodriguez

What do you guys think of Biglia? I can only imagine that they want to add him to the rotation to have a better bench, especially since a lot of players will be leaving

Kucka, Poli, Mati, Honda, Berto, Pasalic and maybe even Loca will go out on loan, so there will be a lot of places that need to be filled. And if an offer arrives for Sosa, he'll also be out

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 23 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #173

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 23 2017, 07:09 AM) *
They probably won't make it so until the season is over, same goes for Rodriguez

What do you guys think of Biglia? I can only imagine that they want to add him to the rotation to have a better bench, especially since a lot of players will be leaving

Kucka, Poli, Mati, Honda, Berto, Pasalic and maybe even Loca will go out on loan, so there will be a lot of places that need to be filled. And if an offer arrives for Sosa, he'll also be out

I don't think we're in a position to sign someone like Biglia just for the bench. If he comes, he'll be a starter. That's why I don't want him.

Kessie can perfectly play in front of the defense.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 23 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #174

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (amancik @ May 22 2017, 05:01 PM) *
What do you guys think about Florian Thauvin? He scored 15 goals for Marseille in Ligue 1.

I think there were some problems with him at Newcastle. But perhaps I'm wrong. Thauvin is one of those players that could potentially turn out good or bad. Very risky.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 23 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #175

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

So is there really a 100M offer from City for Donna?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 24 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #176

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 23 2017, 10:58 AM) *
I don't think we're in a position to sign someone like Biglia just for the bench. If he comes, he'll be a starter. That's why I don't want him.

Kessie can perfectly play in front of the defense.

Well we have Bona, Kessie and we're reportedly going after a big name (Cesc, and now there are rumbles about Radja as well. I think I saw about 5 different tweets about it yesterday, and they were from sky, etc)

I'm not saying we're definitely going to get a big name this summer, we might simply not be able to attract someone of a certain calibre, even if we have the money because of no CL football.

But my thinking is that they also want to improve the bench, especially when the majority of our mids will most likely be leaving this summer. Biglia is a very good player imo, but not someone we should be looking to build around. But he'd still be a great add to the squad if we can get him and a top name for the midfield

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 23 2017, 01:33 PM) *
So is there really a 100M offer from City for Donna?

Haven't seen anything concrete on that tbh. Anyway, Fassone has made it clear that Donna is a priority, I personally think he'll renew this summer

Plus, I don't think Guardiola would actually want Donna, he's not exactly good with his feet

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 24 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #177

Yeah. Isn't that why he sold Hart in the first place?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 25 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #178

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think it's very premature to say Donna isn't good with his feet. I remember a bunch of German friends saying the same for Neuer at Schalke (and praising Adler who was supposed to be better in this department). Now look what he learned!

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 25 2017, 02:59 AM
Post #179

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Welcome back, Gattuso !!!

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 25 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #180

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 25 2017, 12:07 AM) *
I think it's very premature to say Donna isn't good with his feet. I remember a bunch of German friends saying the same for Neuer at Schalke (and praising Adler who was supposed to be better in this department). Now look what he learned!

True, but Guardiola wants an instant solution, not someone who will be what he wants in 2 or 3 year's time (he will most likely not even be at City by then)

Anyway, look at sky's projected line-up for next season

Milan's probable 17/18 XI:

Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Nainggolan; Suso, Morata, Bonaventura. [Sky]

Either someone over there is sipping some serious Koolaid or there really are contacts right now (even if they are tentative)

Looks like Biglia is also almost done according to some sources

I'm really on the fence about this one. On one hand I think he's a very good player and is a definate improvement to what we currently have on the roster, and he'll definitely strengthen the squad. But if he's going to be a starter that could mean that we're not going after a true creator in midfield (I'm personally still dreaming of Cesc for this position but it could be impossible to get him)

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:38 PM