Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AFTER THE MARTINEZ AND KONDOGBIA FIASCO, GALLIANI AND LUCAS ARE EXPECTED TO STOP WORKING TOGETHER

Ry4n
post Jun 23 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

The partnership with Doyen Sports has produced nothing but broken hearts so far and Adriano Galliani will return to working alone, it’s reported today.

“Nelio Lucas and Adriano Galliani – building together under the guidance of the President,” Bee Taechaubol wrote on his Instagram 2 weeks ago & posted this picture on the right side of your screen.

The head of Doyen Sports, Lucas, and Milan Vice President Galliani flew to Oporto and Monte Carlo together to negotiate for Jackson Martinez and Geoffrey Kondogbia and despite having an agreement in hand with both players and their clubs – they ended up losing the Colombian striker and the French midfielder to other teams.

Milan lost their two main targets (and are also losing Jose Mauri to Fiorentina while it’s unlikely they’ll manage to buy Andrea Bertolacci from Roma) and the Aldo Rossi club is upset and wants to react. They are linked in today’s newspapers to different players as Plan A failed but perhaps the news of the day is about the break between Galliani and Lucas, as the partnership doesn’t work.

According to il Corriere della Sera and La Gazzetta dello Sport, Adriano and Nelio will stop working side by side and Uncle Fester will return to dealing with clubs on his own. Lucas is Mister Bee’s advisor and the role of Doyen, while not officially defined, is to “help Milan return to being great with our knowledge in the field of the transfer market and for example with our team of scouts, which is one of the secrets to our success,” as they said in a presser two weeks ago (you can read the story here)

Lucas is expected to have a different role in the Milan of Berlusconi and Taechaubol. Another thing that affects Milan’s lack of success with Doyen Sports is the cold war between the famous agent Jorge Mendes and Nelio Lucas as Mendes is reportedly trying to sabotage Doyen’s moves.

CorSera also reports that there’s the worry that Milan’s project is just not compelling or convincing enough to make players want to come. Milan want to react but it won’t be easy.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2015/06/22/af...rking-together/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 24 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I think we drift far away with these micro-analysis-assumption arguments and debates.

The main reason we didn't get those two players in my opinion is the lack of European football and probably the coach. Milan is a prestigious club and money is at an undisclosed amount. Europe is a compelling factor for players as they want that exposure, especially when they are signing on for 4 years.

That said, those were only two players and the market has a price on every player. We have the whole summer to pick and choose, if not already (but we are yet to be informed) so with at least 75M we can obtain three excellent players for the three positions we need strengthening.

We all know Berlusconi likes the dramatic climaxes, it is that trend that makes me convinced he will bring a BIG name to the club. Before this summer I didn't really consider those two players, only from what I read here that they were THAT good and obviously the club's link to them. I believe we will end up with the right players come the start of the season. The inportant thing is that the players fit the coach's plans.

With regards to Galliani, it is on him to prove himself this summer. I'd put money that he will deliver by the start if the season.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 25 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 24 2015, 11:09 PM) *
I think we drift far away with these micro-analysis-assumption arguments and debates.

The main reason we didn't get those two players in my opinion is the lack of European football and probably the coach. Milan is a prestigious club and money is at an undisclosed amount. Europe is a compelling factor for players as they want that exposure, especially when they are signing on for 4 years.

That said, those were only two players and the market has a price on every player. We have the whole summer to pick and choose, if not already (but we are yet to be informed) so with at least 75M we can obtain three excellent players for the three positions we need strengthening.

We all know Berlusconi likes the dramatic climaxes, it is that trend that makes me convinced he will bring a BIG name to the club. Before this summer I didn't really consider those two players, only from what I read here that they were THAT good and obviously the club's link to them. I believe we will end up with the right players come the start of the season. The inportant thing is that the players fit the coach's plans.

With regards to Galliani, it is on him to prove himself this summer. I'd put money that he will deliver by the start if the season.

well said matre!

patience is the key.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 PM