> Serie A - Week 9 - Cagliari - Milan, Date: 29/10/2014 Time: 20:45 CET

X-Offender
post Oct 31 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #91

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2014, 07:29 AM) *
Ok. I'm not getting involved in this discussion. I obviously don't see things the way you guys do and think there's a lot of nitpicking going on.

We're performing better. I'm definitely seeing a huge improvement in the team, and I think we shall be getting better come June.

I also don't agree on a Honda-centric 4-3-1-2. The whole Inzaghi philosophy is based on not giving a point of reference to the opposition defenders, and if you mark out Honda that's essentially it.

The Ancelotti version worked because the players in the hole where Rui Costa and Kaka. Not Honda.

Huge improvement... OK, Jack.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #92

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2014, 06:29 AM) *
Ok. I'm not getting involved in this discussion. I obviously don't see things the way you guys do and think there's a lot of nitpicking going on.

We're performing better. I'm definitely seeing a huge improvement in the team, and I think we shall be getting better come June.

I also don't agree on a Honda-centric 4-3-1-2. The whole Inzaghi philosophy is based on not giving a point of reference to the opposition defenders, and if you mark out Honda that's essentially it.

The Ancelotti version worked because the players in the hole where Rui Costa and Kaka. Not Honda.

I think performing better is a stretch. We're incredibly patchy and we're not getting the best out of the players. My biggest concerns are (among other things):

1: Total lack of pressing off the ball. This is one thing Seedorf did brilliantly. Made possession for opponents extremely claustrophobic.

2: Lack of urgency on it. Two matches in a row where we've needed a goal and acted like we were 8 up.

3: Pippo stating categorically MDS will always start. That's a shocking message which maybe only Ronaldo or Messi has earned. No player should always start, not even De Jong - their form has to earn it, but MDS is apparently invulnerable. I dislike that ethos. It's called 'favourites' and when managers pick their favourites and not the best players it's not for the good of the team.

But that said anyone who was told we'd be third after 9 matches would have bitten your arm off for it, and only one defeat in those 9 is excellent. 4 draws though, is very much not.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 31 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #93

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 31 2014, 01:04 PM) *
But that said anyone who was told we'd be third after 9 matches would have bitten your arm off for it, and only one defeat in those 9 is excellent. 4 draws though, is very much not.

4 draws in the last 6 games, only 1 point from 9th place and 3 points from 10th place, 12 goals conceded in total. Don't give too much credibility to our position. There are 8 teams from 3rd to 10th place with 16, 15 and 13 points. Being 3rd or 10th makes no difference at this moment. What matters is our performances, and they've been far from good.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #94

Allievi Nazionali

I'm not, indeed if you remember my ratings post I couldn't actually believe we were third.

But the point is, factually speaking, if we'd been offered 3rd place at this stage regardless of stats, we'd have bitten someone's hand off for it.

But yeah, of course the performances have been increasingly poor these past 4 or 5 matches.

Worrying quote from Menez:

"Silvio Berlusconi wants me to shoot on goal more often."

Increasing concerns Pippo is a yes man here, and is literally doing what Silvio wants.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #95

Allievi Nazionali

PS: For the Palermo thread (when it arrives)

Predicted team: Lopez, Abate, Alex, Zapata, MDS, Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel, Honda, Menez, El-Sha (no clue on the source)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #96

Allievi Nazionali

PPS I'm not a fan of Mexes but it's all but confirmed he's out of the picture under Pippo. He's not injured, he's not suspended, he's just not in the squad. His exclusion is dismissed under 'other' - aka 'not required'.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 31 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #97

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 31 2014, 04:32 PM) *
PPS I'm not a fan of Mexes but it's all but confirmed he's out of the picture under Pippo. He's not injured, he's not suspended, he's just not in the squad. His exclusion is dismissed under 'other' - aka 'not required'.

Before the pre-match conference ahead of the Cagliari game, Pippo made it a point to mention that he had FOUR good CBs to rely on and also made it a point to mention them by name. Mexes wasn't included.

It's pretty obvious at this point that no matter what happens, Mexes is out. Which imo, is utter horse cr@p as imo he's still one of the best we have in that position and we're paying him 8m in total for his services this season to sit on the bench

Btw, I'll open the match thread as soon as I can

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2014, 02:15 AM
Post #98

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 1 2014, 01:08 AM) *
It's pretty obvious at this point that no matter what happens, Mexes is out. Which imo, is utter horse cr@p as imo he's still one of the best we have in that position and we're paying him 8m in total for his services this season to sit on the bench

Quoted for the fudging, stinking truth that it is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:24 PM