> Rising Stars, Yangsta Rap!

dst
post Feb 22 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Talk about new revelations you think might come big in the future!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 22 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

I opened this thread to talk about a new teen sensation, 16 year old Panathinaikos player, called Sotiris Ninis!! His parents moved to Hellas from Albania sortly after Ninis was born and he grew up in the Hellenic, capital, Athens.

He is an old-fashioned right winger with amazing crossing abilities, vision and technique. He was voted as the best player of the week he made his debut in and his first goal came on his 4th game.

Here are some links:

uefa.com article

1st goal against Panionios FC Notice how he uses both his legs to control the ball and he shots with his weak left foot!

Amazing Cross He does that a lot but this is the only one I found cause the ball ended on the net. It's an inch-perfect cross and on the move. I don't why but nowadays players do not practice their crossed on the move and you rarely see one so precise. Can't think of anyone else but Beckham and Nelson doing that, not even Alves.

2nd goal against AEK Just experience the technique on that shot!

If he goes on like that (and believe me this is just the youtube version of what he does on the field) he's not going to stay here for long! He bring a mediocre team to another level...

Tonight, Panathinaikos plays Lens in Athens for the return leg of UEFA Cup round of 32... if you can you might as well want to watch this game, it's going to be very interesting also considering the fact that the first leg ended 3-1 for the French team but it was just not how it should be. Panathinaikos can do it!

+Quote Post

milanistar
post Feb 22 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #3

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 605

There are two great youngsters in Barcelona Bojan Krkic and Giovani Dos Santos, I think they will be really great stars in the nearest future especially Bojan.

The think that makes sad is that we'll probably never have some players like those two in Milan (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 22 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Two words...Willie Aubameyang...

Speaking of which, what's the general opinion on Quaresma. I really like this guy. So he's not like a young prodigy, but he's a good player. Especially in that he can drift outside left and cut in. The sort of role I'd want Oli to play, but more and more I realize, he can't do that sorta thing too well.

I think Quaresma would be devastating if paired with Kaka and Gila, not to mention RR99.

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 22 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Did you see Quaresma's shot last night!?? He hit the ball with the outer part of the shoe... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) He does that a lot! Overall, a little less splashy and some more action would work though!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 22 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Did I see it? I made like the big bad wolf in Droopy, with the whole 'Yaaoooooogha!!!" thing going.

How did he do that? There was nothing Cech could have done...he was rooted!

+Quote Post

milanistar
post Feb 22 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 605

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2007, 07:04 PM)

Speaking of which, what's the general opinion on Quaresma. I really like this guy. So he's not like a young prodigy, but he's a good player. Especially in that he can drift outside left and cut in. The sort of role I'd want Oli to play, but more and more I realize, he can't do that sorta thing too well.

I think Quaresma would be devastating if paired with Kaka and Gila, not to mention RR99.

eah he's a great player, he has the same playing tyle of C.R minus the dives (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 22 2007, 08:49 PM)
Did you see Quaresma's shot last night!?? He hit the ball with the outer part of the shoe...  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) He does that a lot! Overall, a little less splashy and some more action would work though!

Actually he uses that surface a lot ,I've never seen him using his left foot (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Feb 22 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #8

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

Quaresma has been about for a couple of seasons, and has impressed me loads, C.Ronaldo number 2 without a doubt.

+Quote Post

misha
post May 30 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 787

(IMG:http://www.tam.co.il/12_1_2007/images/ben_sahar.jpg)

Rising Star in Israel Hits the Fast Track of English Soccer

Ben Sahar did not play a big role in Chelsea’s run to the English F.A. Cup title. He did not play a part in Chelsea’s second-place finish in the Premier League. And Sahar did not step on to the field once as Chelsea advanced to the semifinals of the European Champions League.

But Sahar, a 17-year-old striker from Israel whose nickname is the Kid, is expected to be at the nexus of his national team’s attack in Saturday’s Euro 2008 qualifier in Group E against F.Y.R. Macedonia in Skopje. He will also lead Israel in the European U-21 championship in the Netherlands, which begins June 10 with a match against the host nation.

Sahar, Chelsea’s first Israeli player, was obtained one year ago from Hapoel Tel Aviv for a $635,000 transfer fee in a competition that included Arsenal, Tottenham (which traditionally has a large Jewish fan base) and Aston Villa. (He solved the problem of obtaining a British work permit by obtaining Polish citizenship because of his mother’s background.) Sahar spent most of the time on Chelsea’s reserve team before making his debut, as a substitute against Macclesfield Town in an F.A. Cup match on Jan. 6. He played in his first Premier League game, against Wigan Athletic, on Jan. 13.

But Sahar made the soccer world stand up and take notice when he scored two exquisite goals in a 4-0 Euro 2008 qualifier on March 28 against Estonia in his third appearance for the national team. The goals made him the youngest player to score in the history of Israel’s senior national team.

“Things now are actually a little bit crazy for me in Israel,” Sahar said in a recent telephone interview from London. “Everyone knows you. Sometimes it is nice to play away from Israel, what with all the media there watching you, wanting to see what you’re doing. In England, at least right now, I feel like a tourist. It is quiet and relaxed, even on one of the best teams.”

After the match against Macedonia, in which he is likely to start, Sahar will probably be released to the under-21 team for the eight-nation tournament in the Netherlands, and not play in the qualifier against Andorra on June 6, the national team’s administrator, Israel Stupinski, said yesterday by telephone from Israel.

In qualifying so far for next summer’s tournament, which Austria and Switzerland will co-host, Israel is 2 points behind Croatia, tied for second with England and Russia.

Later this summer, Sahar will accompany Chelsea on its United States tour, which will open July 14 with a match against Club América of Mexico in Stanford, Calif., and continue with a four-team tournament outside Los Angeles on July 17 and 21 (with Tigres UANL of Mexico, Suwon Bluewings of South Korea and the Galaxy of Major League Soccer).

After spending most of this past season with Chelsea’s reserve team, Sahar said he sees only good things in his future.

“When I first came to England I thought it would be difficult,” Sahar said. “A new country, a different culture. But all went very well. I feel a joy for football here. But you have to be strong and play very, very quickly.”

Asked his impression of Chelsea’s often-controversial and always-outspoken Portuguese coach, José Mourinho, Sahar said: “I knew José had always coached big teams, that he’s a big coach. When I train, he can see everything. Maybe when I play a little slow, he sees and tells me. He tells me to have no worries about the future. I believe I have the quality to play in England. I just have to work hard and show I deserve to be on the first team.”

The only remaining stumbling block to Sahar’s English adventure is the requisite 3 years of military service for Israeli men and women (2 years) 18 and older. Although Chelsea refused to comment on the prospect of losing Sahar, there have been reports from Israel that an exemption is in the works.

link

He's the best player in Chelsea reserve/young teams and Mourinho is saying (and I agree (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) that he has a big future. He's only 17 but strong, fast and has a good technique.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 30 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I've not seen much of him, but the Israel team isn't half bad, and if he can get into it at 17 he's certainly going to show Theo Walcott who's London's best teen. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 30 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #11

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I've seen him play in Euro qualifiers. He's quite good.

+Quote Post

misha
post May 30 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 08:25 PM)
I've not seen much of him, but the Israel team isn't half bad, and if he can get into it at 17 he's certainly going to show Theo Walcott who's London's best teen.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Watch the euro under-21 that starts in a few weeks. He scored the only goal against France to eliminate them in the playoff game to be there.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 30 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #13

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2007, 11:04 AM)

I think the merda have their hands on him or at least thats what i've heard if Figo leaves thats who they want

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Quaresma is amazing, better than Ronaldo imo, can play as supporting striker or winger.

I would love to see him come to Milan, but I can't see us going for him

+Quote Post

Portman
post May 31 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #15

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2007, 06:02 PM)
Quaresma is amazing, better than Ronaldo imo, can play as supporting striker or winger.

I would love to see him come to Milan, but I can't see us going for him

Not consistent. He started the season well but in the last 7-8 matches he was sh!t. Too selfish sometimes. He's more like a "Joga Bonito" guy.

No way he'll be/is better than Ronaldo. Mentally Cristiano is way better. Quaresma is too weak in that field.
Anyway, we don't go for wingers. Specially a gipsy. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Best portuguese wingers at the moment by order: Ronaldo > Simão > Quaresma > Nani.

I don't count Figo even if he stays 1 more year in Inter.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:11 PM