> Winter Transfers 2016

X-Offender
post Feb 14 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #121

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 14 2016, 02:50 PM) *
A good signing is a good one, a bad is a bad one. What are you talking about? I mean if you sign someone for 40M and he turns out useless and in adaptable, it's a pretty bad one. If you say, sign a free player or a Sheva who fails to link up with you team, it's not that bad.

What?? It's twice as bad if you sign a Sheva who fails, because you're signing a champion, a sure firearm that's supposed to deliver.

With someone like Kondogbia it's always a gamble. You're signing someone with potential but that might not fulfill expectations. Granted, it's a gamble worth taking, but still a gamble. So, the fact that he failed to deliver is within the risk associated with making such a signing.

But when Chelsea signed Sheva or Madrid signed Kaká, they got screwed big time. That's the difference between signing champions and signing young prospects with potential. The former have no excuses because they're established world class players. Failing to link up with the team? That's a petty, petty justification.

Sure, but the thing with Bacca is, he performed with Sevilla for 2 years constantly, whereas Martinez always had ups and downs.

Really now?

Last two seasons of Martinez with Porto:

51 games - 29 goals
41 games - 32 goals

Last two season of Bacca with Sevilla:

52 games - 21 goals
56 games - 28 goals

Well...

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Feb 14 2016, 04:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Feb 14 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #122

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

For me, Kondogbia could still justify the price tag that they paid for him. Mancini is clearly the problem, I have watched a lot of Inter games this year and in the past and Mancini is a terrible manager for developing talent. Kondogbia is in and out of the side every week and when he does play he is deployed in a different position every game. Sometimes he is played as a regista other times as a playmaker, next game a box to box. Mancini did the same thing to Kovacic. The kid would play out of his skin one game then sit for the next three. Makes no sense. When you pay that much for a player especially a younger one, they should be the undisputed starter until they can integrate into the team. Miha is much better with young players. Look at Romagnoli, he is the first name on the team sheet if he is able t play. It's too much pressure for a young player to have to prove himself every week is his name is on the chopping block, especially in a team like Milan and Inter of today. Barcelona is a different story of course.

Mancini is an average coach, only ever won anything by throwing money at it until they got a result. With Inter he won because they were the only team not weakened by Calciopoli, then Man City they threw money at the situation until they got a favorable result, look at how many players they burned through before they won. Look at Inter now and you can see he doesn't know what he's doing. Their midfield is broken and he keeps pushing Felipe Melo and pushed them to get him another forward in Eder. He pushed for Melo so hard at the end of the summer like he would take their midfield to the next level. What a joke that is. They threw money at a bunch of players and they have all flopped except for Miranda, probably the best defender this year. The guy has no sense of the problem or how to fix it. If they didn't have Miranda and Handanovic they would be behind us even.

As for Berto, I wouldn't say he is a flop, 20 Mil seems like a huge sum of money but in the market of today is a blip on the radar. The key for us and what looks like the plan going forward is looking like throwing ~10 mil at younger guys with good potential instead of buying world class players we are looking to develop players which seems like a good plan with the coach we have and the amount of money we are looking to spend yearly. Names like El Ghazi and Mammana have been circulating which is promising. Even if we sell these guys down the road for three times as much if we keep investing smaller sums in younger players this model could be healthy for the team. Look at Juve, they buy up all the young Italian talent, funnel them into the team and the ones that don'e make it get sold for a lot of money which gets recycled into the next group of young talent. It also allows the team to keep the salary budget low and have some money to invest in quality foreign players.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 19 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #123

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Not a lot of news these days, and mostly not promising.
- Financial problems continue, may have to sell what few good players we have
- Some potential interest in Chinese buyers, but they want more than 50% and the valuation is lower than Mr. Bee's
- Berlu not willing to sell a majority share

Sounds like it is going to be more of the same for a while ...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 19 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #124

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Berlu not willing to sell a majority share when the team is plummeted in financial troubles and mediocrity. I'll never understand this man. But then again, he f*cked his own country so might as well f*ck his own club too.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 19 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #125

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I don't see him ever selling.

When the team is bad - why sell low?
When the team is good - why sell at all?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #126

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 19 2016, 08:28 PM) *
I don't see him ever selling.

When the team is bad - why sell low?
When the team is good - why sell at all?

I think we'll have to wait for him to die (as bad as that sounds), pretty sure the first thing Barbara and his other children will do is to sell up a major stake while keeping a spot on the board of directors.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 19 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #127

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Papers here linking Milan with Jordan Veretout. He's okay, but I wouldn't touch anyone in Villa's current team, one of the worst EPL teams in history.

I don't like the 4-4-2 and would rather get in wingers . Inter linked with Mertens, Candreva. I think they want Candreva as their first choice, but I'd be very happy with Mertens who I can't see staying. Anyone else a fan, or no?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 20 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #128

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 19 2016, 08:46 PM) *
Papers here linking Milan with Jordan Veretout. He's okay, but I wouldn't touch anyone in Villa's current team, one of the worst EPL teams in history.

I don't like the 4-4-2 and would rather get in wingers . Inter linked with Mertens, Candreva. I think they want Candreva as their first choice, but I'd be very happy with Mertens who I can't see staying. Anyone else a fan, or no?

Mertens is definitely the better option to Candreva. Another Cerci imo who won't do anything past Lazio

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 20 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #129

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2016, 06:14 PM) *
What?? It's twice as bad if you sign a Sheva who fails, because you're signing a champion, a sure firearm that's supposed to deliver.

With someone like Kondogbia it's always a gamble. You're signing someone with potential but that might not fulfill expectations. Granted, it's a gamble worth taking, but still a gamble. So, the fact that he failed to deliver is within the risk associated with making such a signing.

But when Chelsea signed Sheva or Madrid signed Kaká, they got screwed big time. That's the difference between signing champions and signing young prospects with potential. The former have no excuses because they're established world class players. Failing to link up with the team? That's a petty, petty justification.

Really now?

Last two seasons of Martinez with Porto:

51 games - 29 goals
41 games - 32 goals

Last two season of Bacca with Sevilla:

52 games - 21 goals
56 games - 28 goals

Well...

Somehow I was under the impression Bacca did better. My bad.

You say its a petty justification, but reducing Kondogbia's failure to just "not linking up" with the team is a clear understatement. Man, the player looks completely useless, no speed, no precision, no forward-going thinking. Sure, with better linkup it could be argued some of his negative aspects would vanish or shrink. But still....

Anyway, I'm only trying to establish some responsibility and fairness. You guys thought that getting Martinez and Kondogbia would be the right way, many of you were prepared to label the summer transfer campaign a success with those two and some other adds. Now that both turned up pretty disastrous, you act like it's nothing and move on.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 PM