Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2013 Summer transfer thread

Bluesummers
post Feb 3 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

Galliani: ""The story about Kaka is a closed chapter for me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "Real Madrid wanted €18 million - a figure that given his age and salary demands made a deal frankly unthinkable."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 6 2013, 07:13 AM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 3 2013, 10:58 AM) *
Galliani: ""The story about Kaka is a closed chapter for me," he told Corriere dello Sport. "Real Madrid wanted €18 million - a figure that given his age and salary demands made a deal frankly unthinkable."

Would be interesting to find out what really happened. My guess is that Perez was eager to get rid of an expensive bench-warmer, but selling Kaka back to Milan for a huge loss would have not gone down well with fans, hence Perez and Galliani came up with the "loan deal" (which fell apart once the tax experts looked at it). But 18M is still a huge loss, so I am not sure if my theory holds water. Also, I am not sure why we did not go for the 18M, as we paid more for Balo (perhaps the difference is that we pay Balo over a number of years - I think).

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 6 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 6 2013, 03:13 AM) *
Would be interesting to find out what really happened. My guess is that Perez was eager to get rid of an expensive bench-warmer, but selling Kaka back to Milan for a huge loss would have not gone down well with fans, hence Perez and Galliani came up with the "loan deal" (which fell apart once the tax experts looked at it). But 18M is still a huge loss, so I am not sure if my theory holds water. Also, I am not sure why we did not go for the 18M, as we paid more for Balo (perhaps the difference is that we pay Balo over a number of years - I think).

I don't think the length of payment was the difference. Balotelli is a far better buy at 20 million than Kaka at 18. We refused to pay 18 million because he isn't worth that much. He's injury prone, not getting any younger, and not the same player he was back in 07.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 6 2013, 07:32 AM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 2 2013, 01:09 AM) *
IF montella is good then why not, i'm for it. I just don't want to switch him for someone like zeman, whose gonna mess up the whole place. Allegri has been here for almost 3 years now and things have been running okay.

I like Montella, but is he going to leave Fiorentina at this point?

Of the other names mentioned:
- Spalletti - I think he is good, not 100% sure if he will fit Milan, but I would not mind
- Donadoni - kind of like the guy, but I have seen him flop too many times, so no
- Rijkaard - maybe
- Zeman - no way !!!

How about:
- Carletto? (I think his days at PSG are numbered) - kind of like the guy, not sure how well it would work with a "young team" strategy, also a bit too "defensive minded" for my taste
- Di Matteo? - did better at Chelsea than Benitez or Villa-Boas, AFAIAC
- Gasperini? - flopped at Inter and Palermo, but was rated highly at some point
- Guidolin? - has shown the ability to adapt to a constantly changing team and take it close to the top

As for Allegri, I am a little less negative than I was a few months ago, but I still question his tactical choices as well as his ability to motivate the team. In other words, I would like to think that we can do better.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 6 2013, 07:39 AM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 08:22 AM) *
I don't think the length of payment was the difference. Balotelli is a far better buy at 20 million than Kaka at 18. We refused to pay 18 million because he isn't worth that much. He's injury prone, not getting any younger, and not the same player he was back in 07.

No disagreement, Balo is a much better choice for the money. And (unlike Man City, who dropped the asking price considerably) I have a feeling that RC would have not gone any lower in their demands (loss of face issue, given what they paid us only a few years ago). Still, I think Kaka could have been a positive influence on the rest of the players.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 6 2013, 07:46 AM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 3 2013, 12:52 AM) *
Championships are won by the gritty away and indeed home wins v the likes of Catania and Atalanta. The marquee matches are crucial too but the sheer volume of teams weaker than Milan means that it's absurd to suggest the matches against the big rivals decide the league.

They don't.

Simple maths.

What really hurts is the games we lost at the beginning of the season against teams we should have beaten. OTOH, (despite my general unhappiness with Allegri) I have to admit that it would have been hard for any coach to recover after the squad was decimated during the summer.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 6 2013, 07:53 AM
Post #37

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 6 2013, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2013, 10:22 AM) *

What milanbuf88 said ... @Forza Milan, We will never find out the details, just that Kaka was probably the 2nd choice transfer in case Balotelli never materialized. Everything that happened pre-transfer window and during the transfer window was a means to negotiate better terms for Balotelli. Everything from Silvio calling Balo a bad apple, to Galliani stating we are fine as we are to all the comments that was fed to the media by our upper management was a direct attempt to ensure Balotelli arrives at the terms and conditions suitable for Milan.

In other words, all that we heard streaming from the media was the tip of an iceberg, beneath it was a mammoth of details. Without it, we can never know what was meant, just that the intentions were to get the player at our terms. And it worked.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 6 2013, 08:23 AM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 6 2013, 01:53 AM) *
What milanbuf88 said ... @Forza Milan, We will never find out the details, just that Kaka was probably the 2nd choice transfer in case Balotelli never materialized. Everything that happened pre-transfer window and during the transfer window was a means to negotiate better terms for Balotelli. Everything from Silvio calling Balo a bad apple, to Galliani stating we are fine as we are to all the comments that was fed to the media by our upper management was a direct attempt to ensure Balotelli arrives at the terms and conditions suitable for Milan.

Are these facts? Do you have any sources to back up these claims?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 6 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #39

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Doesn't any need source. Milan's management are very smart people, other team's managements (especially wannabes like Man City) are plain stupid. so it all makes sense. we fooled them by declaring Balo a bad apple and they fell for it and gave him to us at terms and conditions suitable for us. I'm sorry if can't you see that!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #40

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

I could be wrong but I think Max was in sarcastic mood in the post above. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) You know, how R7 always brings up the sources claim in his discussions, particularly with Han, hehe. But having said that, I must add that Milan's management are not always smart - they have had their share of duds and downright ugly decisions.

We can go on an say whatever we want (well they are better than City's management), but these are facts.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 6 2013, 10:45 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 6 2013, 11:38 AM) *
I could be wrong but I think Max was in sarcastic mood in the post above. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As was Zeddie's post.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #42

Berretti

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 03:45 PM) *
As was Zeddie's post.

He was? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 6 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 6 2013, 12:06 PM) *

As far as I know Zeddie isn't a big fan of the management, so I'm assuming he was being sarcastic.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Feb 6 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 05:19 AM) *
As far as I know Zeddie isn't a big fan of the management, so I'm assuming he was being sarcastic.

But he also flip flops more than Romney... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Feb 6 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #45

Berretti

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2013, 04:19 PM) *

That he isn't, but I did not smell any sarcasm from his comment above. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He came across as genuinely defending the management. Regardless, this is something only he can explain best.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 6 2013, 04:29 PM) *
But he also flip flops more than Romney...

True, true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nice!

+Quote Post

203 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:30 AM