Fillipo Simone
post May 30 2021, 02:48 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 30 2021, 11:52 AM) *
As you noted I mentioned La Liga as well. Without Real and Barca that league is deader than Serie A.

And I never said that Serie A as a whole does not have self inflicted issues. Most of which stemming from residing in a country where bureaucracy is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Why are the stadiums falling apart? Because they are owned by the municipality and not the clubs. And clubs that have tried to do something about this are faced with a wall of resistance. The French league is even more on it's knees than Serie A. Aside from the language barrier, Serie A and La Liga are not as marketable as the EPL, that is inherently true. But to see people on Sky Sports (UK) lose their sh!t about the SL when they are a big part of the problem is what p!ssed me off the most about the hole thing. The English clubs backed out quickly because the big backlash was mostly coming from their fans and most of those clubs don't need the money anyway.

Same goes for UEFA really. They act all high and mighty about ruining football, when they have done nothing to control what has been going on for the past 2 decades now. Football was ruined along time ago. FFP helped to make the imbalance even greater. UEFA want to implement something like FFP which basically handicaps struggling clubs which don't have a multi-billion pound domestic deal to fall back on while continuing to empowering the richer clubs. Not to mention the BS with PSG and City. Who have continually bent the rules and never got so much as a slap on the wrist. While we were banned for a season.

Add to that, they have never done anything when it comes to salary caps and pulling the leash on these super agents like Raiola, who have become a huge nuisance. Look at what happened with Donna. Had rules been in place which would not allow agents to get anything above a certain percentage off of any deal. I don't think this would have happened.

Sky sports not the FA

I still think it's a much larger issue then just bureaucracy and municipalities. The league as a whole lost quality and reputation immensely. Your comparison with La Liga is completely off man. Firstly, Barcelona and Real are there, so there's no need to say "without them". Then there are concrete results: Sevilla won 3 EL, Villarreal won it this year, Atletico made 2 CL finals. Not to mention Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Good God, even Granada made it to the quarter finals. What are the Italian results meanwhile? Nonexistent. Two lost finals by Juventus and one by Inter in 10 years or more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 30 2021, 11:42 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Used Google to translate this, but a very interesting development in the Donnarumma saga.

Donnarumma without team: Raiola grants a discount to Juve

Gigio Donnarumma is surprisingly a sad lad. This was reported from the Azzurri retreat in Sardinia, as confirmed by his friends. Yet he has everything to consider himself a very lucky one. He is 22 years old, he is about to make his debut in the European Championship with the Italian national team as a starter, he renounced an 8 million contract for 5 years offered by Milan, he has an agent like Raiola and a queue of suitors ready to sign him for next season, according to the tale of the transfer market. What more do you want from life?

But then why is he sad? A first, very pertinent explanation can come from the latest developments referring to the changes at Juventus. The return of Max Allegri produced an unexpected result for Gigio's agent who continued to say, for months even, that he had a net offer of 10 million from Turin in his pocket and that therefore for less "he would not even sit down to discuss" with Milan. After the Serie A was over, Juventus replaced Paratici with Cherubini as manager of the technical area, changed coach, and thus the bluffing was uncovered.

Because Juve in these hours have not contacted Raiola for Donnarumma. To such an extent that the agent, resident in Montecarlo, worried about the development of the story, has seen fit to have his collaborators write an email addressed to Juventus in order to inform them that Donnarumma is willing to accept a lower salary, even to 6 million, the same earned in previous years at Milan. But why this change of figures? Because Allegri considers Wojciech Szczesny, 31 years old in April, a very reliable goalkeeper.

The full story was published in today's newspaper. The article is from Franco Ordine, in my opinion one of the best journalists in Italy.

In other words, Donnarumma is without a team, and nobody wants him. Perhaps not even Juve. Forget the Barca, PSG etc. rumours. They were probably fabricated by Raiola to put pressure on Maldini.

Interesting to see how this story develops. Because if Dollarumma ends up signing for less than what we offered then it's going to be one of the most epic fuckups in recent Italian football history.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: May 31 2021, 12:55 PM

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 31 2021, 03:44 AM
Post #33

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

Basically all teams habe pretty decent keepers. Juve currently already pay sczeny 7 million. No other team will buy him so it is difficult for them to jabe two keepers on such high salaries. Same kind of issues for other teams as well.

I read that our management has given Hakan a week as well to decide on the 4m offer. Otherwise he can goas well.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 31 2021, 06:15 PM
Post #34

Mediaset - Olivier Giroud ever closer to Milan. The 34-year-old, fresh winner of the Champions League and called up by France for Euro 2020, is ready to say yes to a 4 million two-year contract. Milan therefore have discarded the Scamacca and Vlahovic hypotheses. Meanwhile Tomori has been signed from Chelsea and has signed until 2026.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2021, 09:45 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 30 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Vla?ić has great potential, he would be a smart signing.

As for De Paul, let's wait and see. Maybe X-O is right and he turns out good. And yes Han, I also think we're on the right path.

I like De Paul. He's not an explosive player by any means, but he has a beautiful touch and great vision. He'd be an upgrade on Hakan in certain aspects for sure. Only think I'm going to miss from Hakan are his set-pieces. He's improved on them so much this season. I think we have the highest set-piece goal tally in the league iirc I read this somewhere on Twitter.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 30 2021, 02:48 PM) *
I still think it's a much larger issue then just bureaucracy and municipalities. The league as a whole lost quality and reputation immensely. Your comparison with La Liga is completely off man. Firstly, Barcelona and Real are there, so there's no need to say "without them". Then there are concrete results: Sevilla won 3 EL, Villarreal won it this year, Atletico made 2 CL finals. Not to mention Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Good God, even Granada made it to the quarter finals. What are the Italian results meanwhile? Nonexistent. Two lost finals by Juventus and one by Inter in 10 years or more.

True. But the problem with Italian teams is that even when we had very strong 2nd tier clubs the EL/UEFA Cup was treated as something lesser. So performances in that competition aren't really much to go by. Obviously the big downfall in the CL coincided with both us and Inter taking a nap for more than a decade now. Napoli, Roma and Lazio were never good enough to compete at that level.

As for why Italian football has taken the hits it has. It's all linked. If the money is not there then obviously you don't have the pull to bring in the stars and without stars you're not going to attract the kind of deals needed to fend for yourself in today's football. Stadiums might not bridge the gap between what Serie A teams get compared to their English counterparts. But it would definitely give a huge push in the right direction. As you well know, your own stadium is a huge revenue stream for any club. Especially us, who have the advantage of being located in a metropolitan city that also brings with it the possibility of leasing the stadium for other events during the off-season

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 30 2021, 11:42 PM) *
Used Google to translate this, but a very interesting development in the Donnarumma saga.

The full story was published in today's newspaper. The article is from Franco Ordine, in my opinion one of the best journalists in Italy.

In other words, Donnarumma is without a team, and nobody wants him. Perhaps not even Juve. Forget the Barca, PSG etc. rumours. They were probably fabricated by Raiola to put pressure on Maldini.

Interesting to see how this story develops. Because if Dollarumma ends up signing for less than what we offered then it's going to be one of the most epic fuckups in recent Italian football history.

Honestly, wtf knows what he and Raiola have cooked up at this point.

I'm 100% convinced that they thought they would play Maldini like they did Mirabelli. drag this out for this whole summer and squeeze us out when the season is about to start and we're desperate

I saw some comments from Mirabelli dissing our current management. If I could I would slap this guy. It's partly his fault we're in this situation. That 6m contract was always too much

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 31 2021, 03:44 AM) *
Basically all teams habe pretty decent keepers. Juve currently already pay sczeny 7 million. No other team will buy him so it is difficult for them to jabe two keepers on such high salaries. Same kind of issues for other teams as well.

I read that our management has given Hakan a week as well to decide on the 4m offer. Otherwise he can goas well.

Yep.

Juve is probably his only option. I read that Ter Stagen is also on a huge salary. And I doubt anyone will want to pay that kind of money to Sczeny either so Juve would have huge trouble offloading him. And if Ronaldo is staying, no way they can afford to have another huge salary on the books

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 31 2021, 09:51 PM
Post #36

Primavera
Group Icon

What about Chelsea? They can surely do better then Mendy and if the ship off Kepa..?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2021, 09:52 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

WE have the following players all returning from loans. What would you guys do with them?

Mattia Caldara
Tommaso Pobega
Diego Laxalt
Andrea Conti
Lorenzo Colombo

I'd personally keep Caldara and send Gabbia and Kalulu on loan this season. If we can renew with Romagnoli, having Caldara, Romagnoli, Tomori and Kjear as CB options would be very good imo. Caldara had so much potential. If only he could stay fit though

Conti and Laxalt need to be sold ASAP. Pobega and Colombo should be sent back on loan. Preferably both to Serie A sides.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2021, 09:53 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2021, 09:51 PM) *
What about Chelsea? They can surely do better then Mendy and if the ship off Kepa..?

I heard Mendy has been doing well.

I don't think Kepa is going to be easy to get rid of for them.

Anyways, we'll see. I'm sure Raiola will make something happen for him. As long as the commission money is there that is

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 31 2021, 09:55 PM
Post #39

Primavera
Group Icon

Colombo is too weak for a Serie A side, hell he was too weak for Cremonese.

What good will it bring to sell Conti and Laxalt? Imo we can't get good money out of them, and by selling them we'll be back in the business of searching new rotational options for both fullback positions - in other words - new Conti's and Laxalt's.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2021, 09:55 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw

@86_longo: Fikayo Tomori buy-back clause will be paid in more years. The English centre-back will be officially a Milan player very Soon with rightwards arrow above. Another amazing job from the duo Maldini-Massara.

Excellent. His transfer fee won't chip too much of our transfer budget. I read we're going to do the same for Tonali (I think we still have to pay about 25m for him)

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 31 2021, 09:56 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2021, 09:55 PM) *
Colombo is too weak for a Serie A side, hell he was too weak for Cremonese.

What good will it bring to sell Conti and Laxalt? Imo we can't get good money out of them, and by selling them we'll be back in the business of searching new rotational options for both fullback positions - in other words - new Conti's and Laxalt's.

Hmm. You want them to stay? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 1 2021, 12:42 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 31 2021, 09:51 PM) *

Mendy has been excellent for them. I've seen a few games myself and I've been impressed. They don't need Dollarumma.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 1 2021, 12:46 AM
Post #43

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2021, 09:52 PM) *
WE have the following players all returning from loans. What would you guys do with them?

Mattia Caldara
Tommaso Pobega
Diego Laxalt
Andrea Conti
Lorenzo Colombo

I'd personally keep Caldara and send Gabbia and Kalulu on loan this season. If we can renew with Romagnoli, having Caldara, Romagnoli, Tomori and Kjear as CB options would be very good imo. Caldara had so much potential. If only he could stay fit though

Conti and Laxalt need to be sold ASAP. Pobega and Colombo should be sent back on loan. Preferably both to Serie A sides.

I know that the club wants to ship Conti and Laxalt. Personally, I wouldn't mind keeping Conti. I've always felt that as a rotational player he's very decent. Laxalt is mediocre and should be sent away. Colombo will definitely leave on loan.

I'm on the fence about Caldara and Pobega. If fit Caldara could be a very decent fourth option, whereas for Pobega I keep hearing very positive things. Personally I'd keep him and sell Krunic.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jun 1 2021, 12:49 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 31 2021, 09:55 PM) *
Btw

@86_longo: Fikayo Tomori buy-back clause will be paid in more years. The English centre-back will be officially a Milan player very Soon with rightwards arrow above. Another amazing job from the duo Maldini-Massara.

Excellent. His transfer fee won't chip too much of our transfer budget. I read we're going to do the same for Tonali (I think we still have to pay about 25m for him)

Tonali was originally 10M loan + 15M right to buy + 10M bonuses, i.e. 35M in total. But now it's being reported that we're negotiating with Cellino to lower his demands, and there are good possibilities that he'll accept.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jun 1 2021, 08:38 AM
Post #45

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I'm rather optimistic on this summer's activity. That said, I wouldn't expect stellar signings, but rather add some experience and quality around the pitch.

How is the club going to deal with Laxalt, Conti Caldara, Pobega and Colombo. Combined they wouldn't fetch the club any noteworthy additions if sold. So I would keep one of them as bench fodder and the rest try to get them off the club's books.

It seems as though Romagnoli wants to renew with Milan, a good sign considering his contract will expire next summer. He would be a great option for the defence and keeping him on would instil stability in that department.

Much work is to be done for the wings and creative departments of the team, also a striker other than Giroud is very much needed. Could the Icardi rumours be true? If so, I am very excited for this one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:22 AM