han2503
post Apr 17 2022, 07:22 PM
Post #76

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 17 2022, 04:54 PM) *
GdS: Investcorp have ?300m ready to improve Milan?s squad ? the names from Nkunku to Haller

Gazzetta love to bullshit around. How do they expect to be taken seriously by publishing crap like this? 300m? Arabs or no Arabs, that's never going to happen. We'd be lucky to spend 1/3 of that.

The biggest irony is that they didn't even know about this potential sale before Bloomberg broke the news
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 17 2022, 07:36 PM
Post #77

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Yeah, and all of a sudden they know everything when the deal hasn't even been reached yet. Online you already have people invoking Haaland's name because of crap like this.

Anyway, there's room to feel very optimistic about this. Investcorp are a very reputable group, and their goal seems to be to diversify and expand their reach in Europe and in football. The money they are spending to acquire us (1.1 billion according to Bloomberg?a lot!), goes to showcase their serious intentions on the matter.

The best thing we can expect out of this are some lucrative sponsorship deals that would allow us to spend more and increase the salary cap.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 17 2022, 09:35 PM
Post #78

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Investcorp is a private equity and alternative investment company.

They invest on behalf of their clients.

Investcorp investing in Milan means they have a pool of clients that seek such exposure.

So it is not Investcorp but their clients that are funding this purchase, however Investcorp acts on their behalf.

Now you can all rest easy.

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 17 2022, 11:21 PM
Post #79

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 17 2022, 11:35 PM) *
Investcorp is a private equity and alternative investment company.

They invest on behalf of their clients.

Investcorp investing in Milan means they have a pool of clients that seek such exposure.

So it is not Investcorp but their clients that are funding this purchase, however Investcorp acts on their behalf.

Now you can all rest easy.

Can you go into a bit more details on what kind of implications this can have for Milan?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 18 2022, 12:04 AM
Post #80

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 18 2022, 02:21 AM) *
Can you go into a bit more details on what kind of implications this can have for Milan?

If they want to invest in Milan, they see value in the club/brand. As in any investment you want to see the value appreciate, so that is the only implication I can honestly see.

But it should be noted that although Investcorp is the face we fans will see. It is behind closed doors that investors will give Investcorp the mandate to manage Milan. Will those investors show face one day? Highly unlikely. Controversy? Not really, Elliott?s ownership of Milan was nothing but a pool of investors funds as well. But the mandate of management was provided by said investors.

Historically Investcorp had done brilliant returns for their investors, they are a well managed investment house. I could see the work of Elliott continued with them, however as with any takeover there will be a stellar signing to get the fans grooving.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Apr 18 2022, 08:18 AM
Post #81

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

My main concern is that the takeover if happening does take the whole summer. We need it to materialize quickly rather then waiting for whole summer to see if the takeover goes through or not

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 18 2022, 11:53 AM
Post #82

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Apr 18 2022, 08:18 AM) *
My main concern is that the takeover if happening does take the whole summer. We need it to materialize quickly rather then waiting for whole summer to see if the takeover goes through or not

From what I hear the due diligence is underway, the deal should be sealed around the beginning of June. But either way management operations will not be influenced, so negotiations like Botman and Origi will go through either way.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 24 2022, 04:37 PM
Post #83

Looks like Botman is 99% a done deal. Mediaset reports today that there's total agreement on everything. 3M per season to the player, 30M + 5M bonuses to Lille.

Gotta say, that's quite the expensive signing for us, especially for a defender.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 24 2022, 10:17 PM
Post #84

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2022, 04:37 PM) *
Looks like Botman is 99% a done deal. Mediaset reports today that there's total agreement on everything. 3M per season to the player, 30M + 5M bonuses to Lille.

Gotta say, that's quite the expensive signing for us, especially for a defender.

I really do hope that he budget is big enough to properly improve the attack

Because spending such a big chunk on a CB when Kalulu and Tomori are becoming such a great paring would otherwise make no sense. Especially when we could have probably took Bremer for the same kind of money. Now there's the horrific and highly likely possibility of him going to Inter.

Origi is also pretty much done. I think he'll be a great addition for our attack tbh. Skillful, strong, quick, plays for a team like Liverpool so he's adapt at pressing. These will be 2 good additions overall.

We should also try to close out the Sanches deal early. I think out of all the signing we could make, he'll be the game changer for us. Class player, just a bit injury prone which is worrying, but I'm still hopeful that we het him, which would just leave the question of the RW. And I really do hope we go all out there.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 24 2022, 10:30 PM
Post #85

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 24 2022, 10:17 PM) *
I really do hope that he budget is big enough to properly improve the attack

Because spending such a big chunk on a CB when Kalulu and Tomori are becoming such a great paring would otherwise make no sense. Especially when we could have probably took Bremer for the same kind of money. Now there's the horrific and highly likely possibility of him going to Inter.

Origi is also pretty much done. I think he'll be a great addition for our attack tbh. Skillful, strong, quick, plays for a team like Liverpool so he's adapt at pressing. These will be 2 good additions overall.

We should also try to close out the Sanches deal early. I think out of all the signing we could make, he'll be the game changer for us. Class player, just a bit injury prone which is worrying, but I'm still hopeful that we het him, which would just leave the question of the RW. And I really do hope we go all out there.

I think Botman is a better signing than Bremer. Bremer is too similar to Tomori and Kalulu, whereas Botman is that strong physical left-footed player that would better complement either Tomori, Kalulu or even Kjaer. Besides, he's Maldini's first choice, and I think Paolo knows a thing or two about defending. Even Stam said this week that Botman will become a world class defender. So, let's be hopeful.

But we need 3 top quality signing in that attack: AM, RW, CF. Origi will be a good sub, but we need a great and reliable goalscorer.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 25 2022, 03:16 PM
Post #86

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2022, 10:30 PM) *
I think Botman is a better signing than Bremer. Bremer is too similar to Tomori and Kalulu, whereas Botman is that strong physical left-footed player that would better complement either Tomori, Kalulu or even Kjaer. Besides, he's Maldini's first choice, and I think Paolo knows a thing or two about defending. Even Stam said this week that Botman will become a world class defender. So, let's be hopeful.

But we need 3 top quality signing in that attack: AM, RW, CF. Origi will be a good sub, but we need a great and reliable goalscorer.

Don't think we'll get another striker tbh. We'll have Origi, Giroud, maybe Ibra as well. Can't see us getting another one.

I think bringing in a top notch RW would solve a lot of the issues we have in our attacking game. Renato can play either CM or AM so we'll have options in terms of the formations we play, not to mention Adli and Pobega coming back from loan.

If Renato Sanches comes in I personally think he'll be our AM signing. So that leaves a good chunk of money to spend on a RW and we should not try to skimp there. It is absolutely essential for our play to bring in someone who's just as dangerous as Leao is on the other wing.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 25 2022, 04:58 PM
Post #87

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2022, 03:16 PM) *
Don't think we'll get another striker tbh. We'll have Origi, Giroud, maybe Ibra as well. Can't see us getting another one.

I think bringing in a top notch RW would solve a lot of the issues we have in our attacking game. Renato can play either CM or AM so we'll have options in terms of the formations we play, not to mention Adli and Pobega coming back from loan.

If Renato Sanches comes in I personally think he'll be our AM signing. So that leaves a good chunk of money to spend on a RW and we should not try to skimp there. It is absolutely essential for our play to bring in someone who's just as dangerous as Leao is on the other wing.

There's a huge question mark on Zlatan's permanence. Personally I would never renew his contract and I'd get a top quality CF. I think that's going to be the primary goal this summer.

There are rumours about an interest in Darwin Nunez, but I just can't see us spending 60-70 mil for a player.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 25 2022, 08:06 PM
Post #88

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 25 2022, 04:58 PM) *
There's a huge question mark on Zlatan's permanence. Personally I would never renew his contract and I'd get a top quality CF. I think that's going to be the primary goal this summer.

There are rumours about an interest in Darwin Nunez, but I just can't see us spending 60-70 mil for a player.

No way we can afford him.

Re Zlatan, I think if we win the title he retires, if not I think he'll want another season. That being said, it's come to a point where he plays for 15 minutes and is out for a month. Unfortunately his body is breaking down on him. For a small wage I'd still let him stay though. He's still a big influence on the team behind the scenes

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 25 2022, 08:16 PM
Post #89

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2022, 08:06 PM) *
Re Zlatan, I think if we win the title he retires, if not I think he'll want another season. That being said, it's come to a point where he plays for 15 minutes and is out for a month. Unfortunately his body is breaking down on him. For a small wage I'd still let him stay though. He's still a big influence on the team behind the scenes

So you agree that we can't have only Origi, Giroud and Zlatan then. We need another quality CF. Origi is great as backup, but he cannot be our starter. And Giroud is only fine as 3rd option. He'll be 36 next season.

Haller has also been linked with us, but I woudn't spend 45M on him, also considering his age and all. I'm curious who Maldini is eyeing.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 26 2022, 05:35 PM
Post #90

GdS: Mahrez could be Investcorp's first statement signing but a big financial package is needed

?40m for a 31-year-old? Who would believe this crap?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:51 PM