> Winter Transfer 2022

han2503
post Mar 7 2022, 08:17 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I'm more excited about the potential Sanches signing. Botman will be a great addition, but with the rise of Kalulu and Kjaer coming back, the CB position is not that pressing. Sanches will take our midfield to the next level imo.

We can use him in the AM position rather than a Kessie replacement, Bennacer, Tonali, Pobega, Adli and Yoko will be enough in the holding role with Sanches dropping in as needed. Also, I wouldn't discount the possibility of going for a flat 3 mindfield if we get him as x-off so rightly pointed out a few weeks ago. I was against it, but it was basically how we lined up against Napoli and I thought it allowed us to really control the game better. Plus with such concentration of quality being in the midfield area it would make sense to play 3 mids rather than 4 attackers when we only really have Leao as an outlet at this point.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 7 2022, 09:10 PM
Post #47

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Took me a while to figure out who this mysterious Yoko is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Last I read he'll be sent back to Chelsea in the summer one year early.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 8 2022, 09:59 AM
Post #48

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

It is going to be an interesting summer. Dont think it will depend on securing the scudetto, but qualifying to the CL will be a prerequisite to getting the players in.

Im rather impressed with Kalulu as well, but Botman will be a straight replacement if he comes. Being protoganists in CL and Serie A will require more depth/quality and both Sanches and Botman provide that.

Then there is the forward position; with Giroud and Zlatan staying on, dont think there is room for another. Unless Zlatan retires then the club will be on the market for someone notable. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but then again with Zlatan retiring the club will have ample room to accommodate for that striker.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 8 2022, 10:09 PM
Post #49

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2022, 09:10 PM) *
Took me a while to figure out who this mysterious Yoko is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Last I read he'll be sent back to Chelsea in the summer one year early.

I'm throwing curve balls at you left and right lately. Just to keep you on your toes

You really think he'll be sent back? I know Pioli doesn't seem to trust him, but he is an added body should the need arise. Especially considering or injury record.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 8 2022, 09:59 AM) *
It is going to be an interesting summer. Dont think it will depend on securing the scudetto, but qualifying to the CL will be a prerequisite to getting the players in.

Im rather impressed with Kalulu as well, but Botman will be a straight replacement if he comes. Being protoganists in CL and Serie A will require more depth/quality and both Sanches and Botman provide that.

Then there is the forward position; with Giroud and Zlatan staying on, dont think there is room for another. Unless Zlatan retires then the club will be on the market for someone notable. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but then again with Zlatan retiring the club will have ample room to accommodate for that striker.

There have been rumors floating about Belotti potentially signing. Just not that sold on the idea. I think we need a more complete/mobile striker for our set up. Obviously Belotti would be free and on relatively low wages. So it's an easy solution which would allow us to concentrate the funds on other areas.

Botman will be a replacement for Romagnoli. And I think we'll have to start considering Kjaer's future as well depending on how he recovers from his injury. So yeah, he'll be a good investment for the future.

For me. the perfect mercato would be

In:
Botman
Sanches
RW
LB backup for Theo
Adli
Pobega

Out:
Ballo-Toure
Samu
Krunic
Gabbia (Loan)
Messia (don't redeem)

Ibra want to stay and I think the management want to give him the final year as he is still of value to this team, maybe not so much on the pitch anymore, but certainly as part of the dressing room

With all the quality we'll have in the central midfield areas, we could eaily play an inverted 4-3-3, with Sanches slightly ahead of Bennacer and Tonali.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 9 2022, 12:06 AM
Post #50

Belotti is too underwhelming and won't solve anything. He's reached his max potential, maybe even started to decline now. We shouldn't justify his signing simply cos he's free.

Zlatan and Giroud are OK for backups, but we need a top class CF. Someone who can guarantee us at least those 20+ goals per season. We haven't had one since 2012 Zlatan.

Then there's the whole RW issue as well, which in my opinion is even more relevant.

And there's replacing Romagnoli and Kessie.

Overall, we should be making 4 quality signings. It's fundamental if we want to remain competitive and make that much needed step ahead in terms of quality. And to get there we need a 100m signing campaign. There's no other way. Botman and Sanches alone won't cost less than 50m.

No idea who our management has in mind for the attack

For the other positions, I'd take Florenzi as LB alternative. His redemption is set at 4.5m, I hear we wanna lower it to 3m. Adli and Pobega will provide much needed depth in midfield. So, let's focus on quality over quantity this time around. And get rid of any excess baggage.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 9 2022, 07:04 PM
Post #51

Smoking Bianco

@han, id like to put this disclaimer: nobody and no choice could be perfect.

That out of the way, I believe Maldini and Massara has done a splendid job. Mistakes? Yes there were mistakes and there will be in the future. But with all things considered they have made pretty shrewd decisions. Case in point Kalulu, they gave him room to grow and build on what he has to offer by not bringing in a like for like replacement as a result of Kjaer?s injury. Maignan a direct replacement for Dollaruma. The first #9 to break the curse of that shirt number since Inzaghi?s retirement. Tomori? Theo? Leao? Tonali? I mean, these are players that have formed a core.

We go into this summer window with certain objectives, some are like for like replacements and some to add quality/depth.

So proud of Paolo! Beyond imagination, what he has done as a sporting director has been immense. I would also extend this to Gazidis?s leadership ? as it hurts to loss Dollaruma and Kessie, two players capable of being flag bearers for the club.

Wont name names beyond Botman and Sanches, but I am interested in who else could come. Belotti would be a perfect addition (perfect as in fits the budget and a player who adds depth). Mobile/complete striker? Yes please, but then again lets see what Maldini and co have brewing on a low fire for us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 10 2022, 04:27 PM
Post #52

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 9 2022, 12:06 AM) *
Belotti is too underwhelming and won't solve anything. He's reached his max potential, maybe even started to decline now. We shouldn't justify his signing simply cos he's free.

Zlatan and Giroud are OK for backups, but we need a top class CF. Someone who can guarantee us at least those 20+ goals per season. We haven't had one since 2012 Zlatan.

Then there's the whole RW issue as well, which in my opinion is even more relevant.

And there's replacing Romagnoli and Kessie.

Overall, we should be making 4 quality signings. It's fundamental if we want to remain competitive and make that much needed step ahead in terms of quality. And to get there we need a 100m signing campaign. There's no other way. Botman and Sanches alone won't cost less than 50m.

No idea who our management has in mind for the attack

For the other positions, I'd take Florenzi as LB alternative. His redemption is set at 4.5m, I hear we wanna lower it to 3m. Adli and Pobega will provide much needed depth in midfield. So, let's focus on quality over quantity this time around. And get rid of any excess baggage.

I agree about Belotti. But with next season most likely being Zlatan and Giroud's final season with us, would you take him if it mean we direct those funds to the RW position?

Because we all know the budget won't be limitless. We need to make a couple of good sales as well imo. Krunic could fetch us a half decent sum, maybe Alexis as well. Samu I've lost hope that we'll get an actual transfer fee for him.

I agree totally re the issue of quantity vs quality. But with the injury problems, we have to keep an eye on the number of players in our roster as well. As it cannot be too thin

I don't see Florenzi as a LB alternative. He's rather awkward looking in that position imo. I'd redeem him for sure as he's a great squad player but only for the right side and maybe midfield if we go for a 4-3-3 next season. We need a proper Theo backup next season. Maybe bring in a dependable Serie A player who's not flashy but can do the job when Theo isn't avilable.

Romagnoli and Kessie will be replaced most likely by Botman and Sanches+Pobega. Plus Adli coming in as well. So if Sanches comes in the midfield area will be pretty stacked. Same goes for the CB position with the addition of Botman coming in an Kjaer returning from injury.

The RW for me is still the biggest issue. I've been saying since 2019 that we have a Ferrari situation on the left side and a Fiat situation on the other side.

Obviously Calabria has come a long way since Pioli's first season with us, but he really needs a collaborator on that right side like with Theo and Leao/Rebic.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 9 2022, 07:04 PM) *
@han, id like to put this disclaimer: nobody and no choice could be perfect.

That out of the way, I believe Maldini and Massara has done a splendid job. Mistakes? Yes there were mistakes and there will be in the future. But with all things considered they have made pretty shrewd decisions. Case in point Kalulu, they gave him room to grow and build on what he has to offer by not bringing in a like for like replacement as a result of Kjaer?s injury. Maignan a direct replacement for Dollaruma. The first #9 to break the curse of that shirt number since Inzaghi?s retirement. Tomori? Theo? Leao? Tonali? I mean, these are players that have formed a core.

We go into this summer window with certain objectives, some are like for like replacements and some to add quality/depth.

So proud of Paolo! Beyond imagination, what he has done as a sporting director has been immense. I would also extend this to Gazidis?s leadership ? as it hurts to loss Dollaruma and Kessie, two players capable of being flag bearers for the club.

Wont name names beyond Botman and Sanches, but I am interested in who else could come. Belotti would be a perfect addition (perfect as in fits the budget and a player who adds depth). Mobile/complete striker? Yes please, but then again lets see what Maldini and co have brewing on a low fire for us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Agree completely that all those players have made huge strides. We just need to find the other complementary pieces to add to them to have a more complete and competitive team. I really do think that this squad has the best future outlook in all of Serie A. We just need to improve those last few positions to go to the next level. I think Botman and Sanches will help in that, and I trust the management with those decisions. A RW and Theo backup would imo complete the squad. We can go all out for a striker the following summer

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 10 2022, 09:24 PM
Post #53

It really boils down to how much we're going to spend this summer. Gazzetta reported a couple of weeks ago that we'll have a budget of 100m. Considering we spent 75m last summer, with the extra revenues this season I wouldn't deem it that far-fetched.

With 100m we could get 3-4 quality players no doubt.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 11 2022, 04:48 PM
Post #54

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 10 2022, 09:24 PM) *
It really boils down to how much we're going to spend this summer. Gazzetta reported a couple of weeks ago that we'll have a budget of 100m. Considering we spent 75m last summer, with the extra revenues this season I wouldn't deem it that far-fetched.

With 100m we could get 3-4 quality players no doubt.

In today's market, I really doubt that 100m will get you 4 quality players. Maybe 3 at most. With Sanches and Botman hopefully being locked down that's already potentially 50 to 60m out of the budget. We're most like going to pick up the option on Florenzi so that's another 4m

Maybe we can get some incoming cash from some half decent sales (Hauge, Paqueta % on resale, Krunic - unlikely since Pioli likes him but we're going to be stacked in that area)

But we'll probably have around 40m left to spend on the attack. And for me. I'd rather divert it completely to a RW rather than split it on a RW and striker as 20m won't get you anyone decent

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 14 2022, 07:59 PM
Post #55

I wouldn't sign Sanches. He's too injury prone, beyond what we can afford. And it's not like it's only this season or the one prior, but his entire career has been conditioned by countless injuries.

I made a count from Transfermarkt. Since 16/17 he's missed 69 games. 69! Not counting the latest injury this weekend which saw him leave the pitch in tears. It's not worth it, people. We're not ManCity with a deep bench. Someone like Sanches would be a serious investment and having him out for half the games would be too steep a price to pay.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 17 2022, 12:32 PM
Post #56

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

why are we even considering this origi as striker?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 17 2022, 02:18 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 17 2022, 12:32 PM) *

Because we're cheapskates, why else. He'd be coming as a free agent.

Zlatan will probably renew for another year. Giroud has one year left in his contract. So management probably thinks it's not the right moment to spend a lot of money on a CF.

The only good thing out of this is that perhaps we could divert those funds on a quality RW.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 18 2022, 10:46 PM
Post #58

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 17 2022, 03:32 PM) *

Nothing is concrete as of yet, Paolo and Massara?s respective contracts expire this summer and the club has not yet tied them down with extensions.

The focus is on obtaining maximum results this season. Depending on that, Milan can begin to iron out the details for their targets and engage in renewal talks for their directors and players.

As if Milan win the league, it means more investments. Milan qualify for CL only, then less investments. Milan get burned out and drop out of top 4 then minimal investments.

A lot is dependent on what happens from now till May. Sanches and a CB will remain a priority for Milan though.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 20 2022, 10:28 AM
Post #59

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 14 2022, 07:59 PM) *
I wouldn't sign Sanches. He's too injury prone, beyond what we can afford. And it's not like it's only this season or the one prior, but his entire career has been conditioned by countless injuries.

I made a count from Transfermarkt. Since 16/17 he's missed 69 games. 69! Not counting the latest injury this weekend which saw him leave the pitch in tears. It's not worth it, people. We're not ManCity with a deep bench. Someone like Sanches would be a serious investment and having him out for half the games would be too steep a price to pay.

I'd still take the chance on Sanches. He'd be transformative for our midfield. Not to mention his versatility. Yes, he's had injury issues which is worrying but I think the upside he'd bring out-weighs this

@R7, I saw a week or so ago that both Paolo and Massara are about to renew their deals. I'm really not worried about either as they've both done impeccable jobs since coming in.

As for Origi. I think he'd fit into our system, plus he has a pretty good goal/game ratio playing mostly as a sub for Liverpool. I've said this for a while now. With Zlatan and Giroud both being here next season, I wouldn't mind going for a cheap solution in the striker position and divert the fund on a RW, CB, CM and back up LB.

We can't do it all in one summer. But that RW position is a must. And with both Kessie and Romagnoli on their way out, replacing them is also a big priority. Just those 3 positions will most likly take up the entirety of the budget.

I really hope we can make some decent sales. We should look into trying to offload Alexis at this point as he seems to have hit a wall and is even regressing at this point. Krunic if we bring in Sanches and keep Pobega is going to be surplus as well.

Maybe we can pick up around 20m from those 2

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 20 2022, 02:54 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2022, 10:28 AM) *
I'd still take the chance on Sanches. He'd be transformative for our midfield. Not to mention his versatility. Yes, he's had injury issues which is worrying but I think the upside he'd bring out-weighs this

You'll be eating these words when next year we'll be playing Krunic CM again because Sanches is out injured.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:25 AM