> Galliani: "In January Oddo and not only"

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #1

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Milan, Galliani: "A gennaio Oddo e non solo"

Adriano Galliani rilancia: "A gennaio prenderemo Oddo oltre ad un altro difensore e, se il mercato ce lo permetterà, non ci fermeremo qui ma non prenderemo un portiere. Ilsinho e Pato? Abbiamo uno spirito brasiliano e lo confermeremo. Kakà non si muove da qui, basta parlare di Shevchenko. Ancelotti rimarrà con noi, nel bene e nel male".
Intanto il Real Madrid offre Cassano a prezzo stracciato. In alternativa uno tra Iaquinta e Di Natale dell'Udinese.

Source

Translation

Adriano Galliani launches: "In January we'll take Oddo and another defender, and if the market will allow us, we'll sign a goalkeeper aswell. Ilsinho and Pato? We have a brasilian spirit and we'll confirm it. Kakà won't move and stop talking of Shevchenko. Ancelotti will stay with us, in the good and in the bad".
Meanwhile Real Madrid offers Cassano with a low price. In alternatives one between Iaquinta and Di Natale of Udinese.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, the website I read it from got it from La Repubblica, italian newspapper. I don't know if Galliani said those things, but if he did... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Dec 18 2006, 04:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 18 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

i don't believe it too! i don't believe nothing about Milan unless it is published on the official website.
they never say with such certainty "we will sign Oddo!"
in fact us fans better forget about talented players! Pato will end up in Barca or Real, just like Higuain did and Gago will...
this news is somehow disappointing for me...

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 18 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Member No.: 347

If it's a quote... usually TuttoMercato is reliable. But we'll see. If Oddo is confirmed I'll be satisfied for the RB position.

Then, I'm waiting for the "and not only"...

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Dec 18 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #4

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

If this is true, maybe our management finally realised that our squad isn't enough to be in the CL next year....
Oddo would be a good addition to the squad, as well as another defender.... but we should have signed players in the summer, good players don't usually leave their clubs in January.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #5

There have been a lot of rumours these last weeks about Milan's Januray transfer window, the possible signings from my point of view:

Carrizo (River Plate)
Alexis (Getafe)
Oddo (Lazio)
Di Natale (Udinese)

I would be pretty satisfied with those four, then in June we need other signings, of course.

+Quote Post

agenth
post Dec 18 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

oddo?
I don't think he would come in january... if even

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 18 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #7

Berretti

QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 18 2006, 05:59 PM)
oddo?
I don't think he would come in january... if even

(IMG:http://ilrestodelcarlino.quotidiano.net/2006/12/13/cuts/img216426.jpg)

It's hard to believe that the Lazio captain will leave the club in January. But hey, when you're dealing with big clubs like Milan, Juventus, Real... it doesn't matter if it's January or June - it's a chance that can't be wasted. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Dec 18 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 18 2006, 11:00 AM)
If it's a quote... usually TuttoMercato is reliable. But we'll see. If Oddo is confirmed I'll be satisfied for the RB position.

Then, I'm waiting for the "and not only"...

me too but it's just we'll probably have to replace him in 3 or 4 years. Too bad oddo isnt younger. why not go for a younger RB like alves ( but i dont think sevilla will let him go considering he's an integral part of the squad)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 18 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Dec 18 2006, 10:28 PM)
me too but it's just we'll probably have to replace him in 3 or 4 years. Too bad oddo isnt younger. why not go for a younger RB like alves ( but i dont think sevilla will let him go considering he's an integral part of the squad)

That and he hasn't passed the legal age for Milan, 30 (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Dec 18 2006, 08:35 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Since it's a quote I think I could trust it. But I still won't get my hopes up. I won't get excited about any transfers until I see the picture of the player holding the Milan shirt in milanello

I think our January transfer window could be one that we could use to our advandage more then we have in recent years.

GK - Carizzo - in. Kalac - get the hell out.
DF - If Cafu decides to do the honourable things and hang up his boots I think it would benefit him and his reputation. Get Oddo and Alexis. Maybe give Simic to Lazio as part of the Oddo deal and even call back Foggia from loan.
ATT - Bring in Di Natale or Suazo and try and get Cassano for a cheap price from Real.

I think these transfers could be done easily.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #11

Another link releated with the news here.

And sorry, my error, he said we won't sign any goalkeeper in January. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Dec 18 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #12

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

We'll just have to see how this plays out. Theres no way to read it as real or rhetoric.

Galliani has a lot to do to win back the respect and trust of the fans and not just bring in Oddo.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Dec 18 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 18 2006, 07:39 PM)
Since it's a quote I think I could trust it. But I still won't get my hopes up. I won't get excited about any transfers until I see the picture of the player holding the Milan shirt in milanello

I think our January transfer window could be one that we could use to our advandage more then we have in recent years.

GK - Carizzo - in. Kalac - get the hell out.
DF - If Cafu decides to do the honourable things and hang up his boots I think it would benefit him and his reputation. Get Oddo and Alexis. Maybe give Simic to Lazio as part of the Oddo deal and even call back Foggia from loan.
ATT - Bring in Di Natale or Suazo and try and get Cassano for a cheap price from Real.

I think these transfers could be done easily.

I agree the most. Just Simic, I'd give the worst defender we have: Kaladze.

Cassano? I can't see him joining Milanello for WORK. He's still fat. Need 6 months to get in good shape.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 18 2006, 08:01 PM)
I agree the most. Just Simic, I'd give the worst defender we have: Kaladze.

Cassano? I can't see him joining Milanello for WORK. He's still fat. Need 6 months to get in good shape.

Simic is rarely used so he would be a great bargaining chip for Lazio to hand over Oddo without any trouble. Plus he can also play as RB.

I know Kaladze is not one of your favourite players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) but he is good. His mistakes in the last game where because of the fact that he had been out with injury for a while. He was great last season and once we establish some sort of ragularity between our defensive pairing these mistakes will stop.

And Cassano has lost a few pounds since Cappello took over, same for R9.

I think we will be able to keep him in check in Milan with Paolo and Billy around. Because you can't deny his talents. I think if we manage to get him back to top shape (something that could be worked on quite easily in Milanello) and he helps himself with the immatuaity thing. He could be the answer to all of our problems in attack.

And considering the fact that Real want to get rid of hi as soon as possible, he will come cheap and they won't ask for Kaka

+Quote Post

gawlo
post Dec 18 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #15

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 1,760

The true is that, Galliani and Braida don't have many option on hands. In January transfer window Milan can't grab ANY non-european player (only one per season - Oliviera), so almost all Brazilian and Argentinian diamonds are not reachable for Milan. It will be hard to predict also that club will want to buy player who already played in Champions League. I agree with Berlusconi that Serie A is not more attractive place to play football (Calciopoli, league level which is lower than Spain or even England), make money (bigger taxes than in both countries) and rise their abilities (it's easier to shine in more technician leagues - Spain).

I won't talk about possible transfers in or out from the club. It's really hard to predict under this circumstances (Duo Galliani and Braida and God Father Silvio). After Istambul's disappointment, i thought that some Great Time for Milan belongs to end. That this team won't win anything more, that some players must hang up their boots, shake their hands and say 'it was beautiful and in many facts the best time of my life' and try to think about something new. Trying to rebuild the team.

I was surprised when Milan achieved 2nd place in Serie A and played so good in Champions League. Again. But many of you will agree with me that we felt a little disappointment. Second place isn't that same like a first, and losing with the best team in CL 2005/2006 wasn't anything to shame. But.... And after that Shevchenko's departure, not so good Mercato and we are when we are.

We won only 5 games from 16 that we played in Serie A. It's less than 30%. Three of them in September from 10.09 to 20.09. And then in three months time Milan won only two times! All of them we won only by one goal difference. Scored 16 goals and concede 16. I don't remember such disastrous season for Milan. But it was on 1997/1998 when Milan same like this year won only five till end of December. And even earlier 1996/1997. That was two very very disappointed seasons. Milan after some years of real dominate in the world. From 1988 to 1996 (8 years) they won 5 Scudetto's, 5 times Coppa Italia 3 times Europan Cup (Champions League) and 3 times European Super Cup. Huge effort.

And again like then it's time to play and test some new players some new youngsters from our Primavera. Dear Silvio and Adriano did you forget that the main force of the Greatest and Best Ever AC Milan were OUR youngsters, OUR boys from OUR field - Franco Baresi, (since he was 16 years old) Paolo Maldini (16 years old) and even Billy Costacurta who came from Monza where he was 19? Gattuso said all the true, this Milan doesn't have his own identify any more!

If any of us would ask me 'what i would like to', i would say that trust in our boys even with two or threes average seasons than seasons with 3rd, 4th and even 2nd places. Women could admire and cry after losers but they often love with the winners (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by gawlo: Dec 18 2006, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post

23 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:22 PM